Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why the Movement Speed Nerf? :[

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enraged Magikarp

12-04-2012

Doesn't this make the game a lot more passive and slow?

Top Lane Only

12-04-2012

There was a movement speed buff...

Just sayin'

Lorthix

12-04-2012

Except the movement was just taken from boots and added to everychampion's base speed

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

12-04-2012

Not sure if trolling or etc. etc.

imweasel09

12-04-2012

You didn't even read the patch notes did you?

Enraged Magikarp

12-04-2012

Oh, I must have misread

Titiln

12-04-2012

boots nerfed, boots and 3 pots isnt the necessary start

Ronyk

12-04-2012

It makes boots less needed at first level. Before, if you and your opponent both took the same champion, and one of you had boots while the other didn't, there was a speed difference of 50. Now there would only be a speed difference of 25. This is to entice people to have more of a varied starting build, without taking away the advantage of being faster than somebody who didn't take boots.

GPEternity

12-04-2012

It wasn't a "nerf" they rearranged the movespeed so boots first wasn't what EVERYONE went because they closed the disparity between boots and non boots users. If you didn't go boots first as a non-support you were basically shafted to play passive the entire early lane phase because you were likely to die in a gank without even crossing the river and you couldn't chase/run from your lane opponent at all.

Salex9

12-04-2012

It feels like I'm stuck in a Youtube vortex. I'm going to complaining thread to another complaining thread laughing my ass off instead of playing the game lol.