Is jungle Shaco dead?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merlinn

12-04-2012

So with the jungle monsters being able to hit non champions for 50% more damage are Shaco's boxes still reliable enough to jungle?

Korusho

12-04-2012

Nope, they die way too fast in order to tank for ya a bit like they used to. you take more damage in the jungle due to this, and have too little hp to gank effectively unless you can instantly kill someone.

Imo the change to EC really ****ed my Shaco jungle. I used that item for some serious sustain after I picked up wriggles and went full on crit-ad

garrotedGargoyle

12-04-2012

Just had a shaco that did amazing. Looked like he jungled fine to me.

They made single target junglers more viable farm-wise. His boxes can still tank the initial red/blue, and he should have faster clear times. Ganks are just as strong.

Also: Shaco never requires a leash to begin with, So that is also a big plus. (Certain junglers will probably have a hard time without the old leash mechanic)

Voidgolem

12-04-2012

Tested this on the PBE yesterday-ish.

Dude's fine. You start machete, drop a couple boxes on blue to tank it, and basically walk out of the jungle with double most non-sustain-beast's health simply because the boxes die instead of you.

He can't really solo dragon/baron as effectively, though.