Golden Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArrivedCornet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoateallthepies View Post
I put this in the post right below yours, but their graves was no more influential than I was. I had at least 5 kills get taken by morde and ended up with 18 assists, so it wasn't like I was a nobody until 40 minutes rolled around. Also I did max volley in lane, I got 2 levels of my slow, then maxed out E (this would be from lvls (8-14ish).
Well I still hold to my original post. Ashe is pretty weak in lane and can get zoned easily. Building an item that revolves around landing luck crits to do damage decreases your lane presence, and will make you weaker in lane. This is why I never build crit cloak when building IE. I say stick to items that are strong all the time, and arent based on being good a percentage of the time.

Endertome

12-04-2012

I build Avarice Blade on Vayne all the time.

Easy lead on top of my huge pile of kill gold.

Problem, bottom lane?

(I thought ADCs liked crit, and GP10 is a nice way to secure an early lead, and you could always sell it when you've comfortably snowballed to get something that builds into a better item, so why again were you saying it's a bad item? Especially when the meta encourages buying Doran's Blades, which you will eventually have to sell anyway?)

iainB85

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoateallthepies View Post
Hey there GD, just wondering if any of you had tried this yet.

Last game I started w/brawlers gloves & pots as well as the pickpocket mastery, and turned it into the crit gp10 item that gives +2 gold per kill. I leveled Q and E equally as the game proceeded. At the end of the game (we won), their adc (Graves) had 7 more kills and 60 more cs than me, but he had 17.2k, and I had 17k. Seems like you could really exploit this if you used Ashe in conjunction with TF.
Were the towers and other global objectives equal? People forget that if they win the game and have 3-4 more towers than the enemy team, comparing gold isn't exactly fair.

ArrivedCornet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
I build Avarice Blade on Vayne all the time.
thought ADCs liked crit, and GP10 is a nice way to secure an early lead, and you could always sell it when you've comfortably snowballed to get something that builds into a better item, so why again were you saying it's a bad item?
I never said it was a bad item, but say you come back to lane with an avarice blade, and the enemy carry comes back with the 2 dorans blades. On a consistent basis, the enemy will have more benefit from their purchase than you will with yours. If you fight and dont crit at all, then the benefit they gain from their item+their lifesteal+their health will far outweigh the benefit from your gold gain. If you are in a passive farm lane, then it will benefit greatly in the late game, but as soon as they get aggressive on you, that benefit quickly goes away.

GPEternity

12-04-2012

If you were living in the "soraka vs alistar farm for 20 minutes" meta, this would work very very well. But the reason Ashe/Vayne fell out of favor for a while and Corki/Graves/Ez were the three "best" adc's was because they had more early game damage output/burst and high mobility to apply/escape pressure. Ashe has almost none of these advantages and is at a significant disadvantage early on. Your biggest risk is compounding this disadvantage with a late game gambit and hoping that graves with his double dorans doesn't zone you away and outcs you by 50 within the first 15 minutes of the game and you end up having to try and farm/put out low AA damage through the entire mid game and you lose because he effectively doubles your DPS and his team snowballs off it.