Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Golden Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whoateallthepies

12-04-2012

Hey there GD, just wondering if any of you had tried this yet.

Last game I started w/brawlers gloves & pots as well as the pickpocket mastery, and turned it into the crit gp10 item that gives +2 gold per kill. I leveled Q and E equally as the game proceeded. At the end of the game (we won), their adc (Graves) had 7 more kills and 60 more cs than me, but he had 17.2k, and I had 17k. Seems like you could really exploit this if you used Ashe in conjunction with TF.

Voidgolem

12-04-2012

if you rush avarice blade as any ADC kindly end yourself at the earliest convenience.

unless you're on the other team in which case go for it.

whoateallthepies

12-04-2012

Quote:
Voidgolem:
if you rush avarice blade as any ADC kindly end yourself at the earliest convenience.

unless you're on the other team in which case go for it.

New items, new masteries, avarice blade now builds into something usefull for ADCs, you're living, in the past, my friend.

Anyways, wishing someone to commit suicide for trying a new build on the same day as release? Did it hurt when they put the stick up your rectum?

Ninjalah

12-04-2012

Quote:
whoateallthepies:

Last game I started w/brawlers gloves & pots as well as the pickpocket mastery, and turned it into the crit gp10 item that gives +2 gold per kill. I leveled Q and E equally as the game proceeded. At the end of the game (we won), their adc (Graves) had 7 more kills and 60 more cs than me, but he had 17.2k, and I had 17k. Seems like you could really exploit this if you used Ashe in conjunction with TF.

I'm not sure if this is concerning or not. 7 kills and 60 cs? That's a LOT of gold, and if you're nearly on par with that (assuming equal towers/dragon kills/baron's), then that should probably be looked at. You ARE sacrificing some attack damage and what not, but I don't think that trade-off is enough to be considered balance.

SR God

12-04-2012

On pbe, when i ran this, I had the same items as a tristana who out-cs'd me by about 30-45 minions. Now imagine if I could actually CS :3

And this was maxing out hawkshot

I remember late game, I would push from our second tower to theres, hitting almost every CS, going back and getting a last whisper.

TerasDominicus

12-04-2012

Actualy , I made fun of Ashe once when the enemy built avarice blade on her .

She kicked my ass :<

Voidgolem

12-04-2012

Quote:
whoateallthepies:
New items, new masteries, avarice blade now builds into something usefull for ADCs, you're living, in the past, my friend.

Anyways, wishing someone to commit suicide for trying a new build on the same day as release? Did it hurt when they put the stick up your rectum?

Except that the new items mostly suck for ADCs - Thus the flood of "amg dis patch nerfed ADCs" topics.

Shiv is decent, but even then, you don't rush rice blade.

ArrivedCornet

12-04-2012

Quote:
whoateallthepies:

Here is the thing with building gp10 ashe and leveling up E for gold. Yeah you may have had close to the same gold as the graves with less cs and less kills, but it is it is likely that you had less cs and kills because you were building that way. Without leveling volley in lane, you lose a significant amount of damage, and therefore you lose a large amount of lane presence. If you cant protect yourself when they attack you, you will be zoned entirely out of lane. In addition, buying crit doesn't help you very much either early game. In order to benefit from that small amount of crit, you have to get lucky when auto attacking. Any time that luck is a factor in doing damage, the viability of it decreases. This is the reason that dodge was removed. The graves in your game also had 7 more kills than you which means he was probably more influential to the entire team. I dont know whether or not you won your game from being carried, or if it was you that carried, but I do know that this build has some serious flaws that should be addressed. Any good AD carry you are facing will see your gp10 item as weakness in lane, and be far more aggressive than any Ashe player would like.

whoateallthepies

12-04-2012

Quote:
Ninjalah:
I'm not sure if this is concerning or not. 7 kills and 60 cs? That's a LOT of gold, and if you're nearly on par with that (assuming equal towers/dragon kills/baron's), then that should probably be looked at. You ARE sacrificing some attack damage and what not, but I don't think that trade-off is enough to be considered balance.

The reason he had +7 kills on me was because we had a morde taking everything, he ended with 16-18, I think, and I had 18 assists or something ridiculous like that. We were about equal with dragons, and the other team took baron (only time in the game). A few minutes before the end, I checked out my E tab, and it was at least 700 bonus gold, not counting the bonus gold from the Avarice blade before I turned it into a static shiv. Granted, I did sacrifice some damage early on, but late game it evened out because I was able to stay even with their ADC.

I didn't sacrifice Volley to max out E first, I just maxed E before Q, so my damage didn't fall off in lane too much. It helped that Janna was my support.

whoateallthepies

12-04-2012

Quote:
ArrivedCornet:
Here is the thing with building gp10 ashe and leveling up E for gold. Yeah you may have had close to the same gold as the graves with less cs and less kills, but it is it is likely that you had less cs and kills because you were building that way. Without leveling volley in lane, you lose a significant amount of damage, and therefore you lose a large amount of lane presence. If you cant protect yourself when they attack you, you will be zoned entirely out of lane. In addition, buying crit doesn't help you very much either early game. In order to benefit from that small amount of crit, you have to get lucky when auto attacking. Any time that luck is a factor in doing damage, the viability of it decreases. This is the reason that dodge was removed. The graves in your game also had 7 more kills than you which means he was probably more influential to the entire team. I dont know whether or not you won your game from being carried, or if it was you that carried, but I do know that this build has some serious flaws that should be addressed. Any good AD carry you are facing will see your gp10 item as weakness in lane, and be far more aggressive than any Ashe player would like.

I put this in the post right below yours, but their graves was no more influential than I was. I had at least 5 kills get taken by morde and ended up with 18 assists, so it wasn't like I was a nobody until 40 minutes rolled around. Also I did max volley in lane, I got 2 levels of my slow, then maxed out E (this would be from lvls (8-14ish).