AD carry starting items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArrivedCornet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

After the nerf to move speed on lvl 1 boots, is it still viable to start boots 3 as an ad carry, or is it more beneficial to start with something else? I personally havent played the new patch yet, but I wanted to hear some opinions from people who have played already today.

ArrivedCornet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I knew I should have posted this in GD. At least people are there. lol

PrfsrChaos

12-04-2012

The idea for the *nerf* on the boots is that they took the movement speed they took out of the boots and gave it to the champs themselves.

So yes, it's generally more beneficial to purchase something else to start out because you are generally faster and more mobile without boots.

AoXGalois

12-04-2012

imo from now on adc should start w:
Long Sword + 2 potions in lanes with no healer
and dorans blade in lanes w healer

since long swords build into almost everything i think that we will be stacking long swords instead of dorans blades

Jeanschyso

12-04-2012

Or brawler's glove into avarice blade since they finally give good ADC items

Crozak

12-06-2012

I have been doing the brawlers on draven. Makes last hitting a little harder, but you get avarice so fast, giving gold/10 and a personal TF passive. Though, i would choose based on the lane. I DON'T like the new dorans honestly. Until you have 166 damage/ attack it is better (and generally so for last hitting). But it does not scale at all, and I hate wasted items.

Its the build order and items midgame i'm having issues with. Longsword into vampiric seems like a good choice also though (and is right now my second item to get that LS).

CLG FAN CLUB

12-06-2012

Boots 3 or flask + wards

Wards are to help your support maintain bush control early on

Sephïroth

12-06-2012

You're alll crackheads. Doran's blade is still beneficial to buy, even to stack. They just do not scale into late game with the lifesteal anymore. Instead you get 5/10/15 life each auto attack you expend. Since the passive is not unique, you can stack them for maximum effectiveness.

Long swords are nice and all, but as an ADC, your starting life is roughly 300-400. At level 6 you're doing a little better and are around 600-800. 80/160/240 life is a big difference between life and death.

I feel its still the same when it comes to starting items:
Boots+3pots without a healer
Doran's blade with a healer

Grollm

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozak View Post
I have been doing the brawlers on draven. Makes last hitting a little harder, but you get avarice so fast, giving gold/10 and a personal TF passive. Though, i would choose based on the lane. I DON'T like the new dorans honestly. Until you have 166 damage/ attack it is better (and generally so for last hitting). But it does not scale at all, and I hate wasted items.

Its the build order and items midgame i'm having issues with. Longsword into vampiric seems like a good choice also though (and is right now my second item to get that LS).
Doran's blade has always been a filler item that you sell once you get better items. It is a "wasted"item, meaning that you don't hold on to it, but it helps you last hit easier, it allows you more damage to harass the enemy adc and support, and if the enemy jungler tries to gank you, you are able to make him pay for it instead of not doing any damage and not being able to farm because you were, "saving for your BF sword."

Cheap0

12-06-2012

It might be a good idea to start going for lifesteal quints on AD carries. Since lifesteal is much harder to access than it used to be, the quints enable you to put off going for it for a while and go for your other big items sooner. 800 gold for 10 damage and 10% lifesteal feels like such a detour now.