Select an option:

Keep new TT as it is with altars 119 36.73%
Change new TT altars to buff camps as detailed below 156 48.15%
Remove altars completely from new TT, but with no added buff camps 49 15.12%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

The altars are the problem, solution to fix this map entirely inside

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoDragonSlayer

12-07-2012

You're awesome Nome, so glad you left HoN to make League more bada$$

PurpleURP

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmish View Post
How is this different to one team (or champ....Trynd) constantly getting Dragon in the old map? Also it is now pretty easy to just look at an altar to work out when it is coming up (probably more so than working out when Dragon is coming back), and also makes for great baiting of the enemy team.
I'm not sure why you think having a five minute timer for old dragon is more difficult than a minute and a half timer for altars. It should be the same difficulty level. As for your comment about positioning for dragon versus altars, this comment was in reference to the fact that you can back and cap the altar simultaneously due to the cap time being lower than the time it takes to back to base. If your team isn't close enough to interrupt their back or now their capturing with the new patch for whatever reason, they just get away scott-free. It's mechanics like that which make the altars into just big distractions for the game when, as I said, we should be fighting over Vile'maw or the new mid buff.

davidmcdavid

12-09-2012

bump

Xulsigae

12-09-2012

The altars certainly become what the game revolves around. It becomes a vital chore to capture them, which really doesn't add much to the game at all. Invariably in my experience, the initial fights are over the altars. Usually in the same places too. The team that gets them first and/or has Darius/Jax/Teemo/Diana/Olaf etc. has the advantage, often for the rest of the game. To me, they don't add any strategy by being so powerful and it's boring to get them. Vilemaw is often left in peace for entire games.

All been said before though. The 'Beta' is not really seeming 'Beta'.

Aerophobia

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
The altars certainly become what the game revolves around. It becomes a vital chore to capture them, which really doesn't add much to the game at all. Invariably in my experience, the initial fights are over the altars. Usually in the same places too. The team that gets them first and/or has Darius/Jax/Teemo/Diana/Olaf etc. has the advantage, often for the rest of the game. To me, they don't add any strategy by being so powerful and it's boring to get them. Vilemaw is often left in peace for entire games.

All been said before though. The 'Beta' is not really seeming 'Beta'.
IKR, beta implies that its open to changes everywhere but response from riot just make it seem like most of it will be staying. Those altars are a chore that are just dominated by bruisers more than the old map EVER was.

davidmcdavid

12-12-2012

bump for more votes

BleedWhite

Recruiter

12-12-2012

I can see both sides of the coin on the argument for and against the new changes to this map. Personally I really like the new alters. I think there is still some balancing to be done to prevent bruisers dominating alters, but otherwise it offers a great new facet to the game by forcing team fights and invades. I feel like double alter buff is like the baron of TT. Is it strong? Heck yeah. Should any team have both alters the majority of the game? Of course not, if they do, then you need to adjust your strategy and give your alter some more love. If the other team has both alters you should have made them work for it, which means it's your chance to grab vile to counter the buff.

I see so many people saying things like "It's like a game in the game" and "Too much focus instead of laneing" but in my opinion, if you want so little objetive and strategy then why aren't you just playing ARAM?

Either way I'm glad Riot! is listening to both sides and trying to find a perfect balance. Keep up the good work gents.

z Nightwingz

12-12-2012

or just move it to dominion and call it twisted dominion. and bring back the original twisted treeline. then you dont have any problems anymore. it's a fun map, but for dominion, not original.

PhantomPiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

My problem with the altars is the fact that they're "permanent"; if one side captures both altars, it's more or less a permanent buff for that team until the other team manages to steal back an altar. However, if the team with the buff is very good and coordinated, they'll snowball out of control and make it almost impossible for the other team to steal it back.

I have 2 possible suggestions for this. First, make the altar buffs timed. After around 2~3 minutes, make them go back to being neutral. I'm not sure whether to have a separate timer for both or to extend the timer, but either way, it will help leash the "permanent" buff problem.

Another idea is to change how the buff is applied; make only one character that captures an altar get the buff. This should also include some balancing of how much buff is received, for both the individual and for the team.

The downside to both of these is the fact that it may make the altars too much of a focal point of the game, instead of laning, ganking, and team fighting in general. However, it may bring more strategy and options for players, like deciding when to go for the altar or who should get the buff.

I know it's not a perfect idea, but this should hopefully bridge the gap between the previous TT players who want the old monster buff system and the new altar system.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Hmmm, while capturing both altars right now do sort of give the enemy team a slight advantage in terms of teamfight power, I disagree that they are making the threes meta more relaxed or stagnant in any way. I have successfully won teamfights with the aid of my teammates when the enemy team were in possession of both altars AND vilemaw.

I believe that the altars should not be replaced with buff camps, but instead give a 10-20% bonus in exp from jungle mobs when captured. In my opinion jungling as it is right now is mostly balanced and often encourages the jungler to be ganking more often early game. However, recovery in the jungle is slightly harder than it should be as weaker junglers or junglers with no sustain can find it difficult to kill the mobs which give higher rewards.

Overall, I think altars should be tweaked, not removed.

I apologize for my horribly structured paragraphs, (It's 1:25AM at the time of writing and I'm tired... )

Ps. With regards to the middle speed boost, I think it should be replaced with a short duration strategical non obstructive objective.....

12345678 ... 9