Exhaust on Supports in Season 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MechaMacster

12-04-2012

Well, I think as a support player it was practically mandatory to grab exhaust and save it for their adc in team fights. Now that the damage reduction has been nerfed, what do you guys think? still a mandatory in season 3 or will that open the door to other summoner spells? Or will it still be a definite pick up, just not necessarily mandatory for their adc anymore, and better to use against the most fed whoever that may be?

MechaMacster

12-04-2012

bump for thoughts

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

50% is still significant, though Heal is also a good option now that it gives 100%.

benofrio

12-04-2012

Nothing in this game is mandatory. Everything is viable if played well and for the right reasons.

Valenten

12-04-2012

umm it doesnt only affect dmg but their attack speed where it didnt before.... so thats alot of dmg reduction overall anyways.

Endertome

12-04-2012

I might start rolling with Heal/Exhaust now that Flash has a 5 minute cooldown.

I use Leona so when it's relevant to cast Exhaust on the enemy, I'm already going to be in range to Exhaust them.

And the ability to heal myself and my lane partner is something Leona lacks, normally.

Heal n Peel

12-04-2012

I was actually thinking about taking up CV again. Exhaust is nice, but I don't think I'll be taking it EVERY game now.

MaeFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

yes and no. It is still VERY viable due to the reduction of attack speed, but now it is all on circumstances. if you are losing badly, and the opponent is fed, then that dmg nerf is going to only scratch him a bit, but if you are all on par, or early game, then it would make a nasty difference.

I think that I would prefer exhaust over another heal.

Healsforhugs

12-04-2012

there's other options for supports now, Clairvoyance may become a "thing" again, I'm not sure, summoner Heal now heals for 100% to nearby allies which makes it a decent pick up (mastery for it in my opinion is pretty bad). I think exhaust is even more helpful in lane now that it decreases attack speed. We have more options, better ways of maximizing our effectiveness. Play around with summoner spells and see which ones work better for you in different situations. If you decide to not use exhaust btw, just remember that exhaust is really good against assassins for your AD carry so don't just think of your lane.

Somohexual

12-04-2012

Quote:
Exhaust
Now reduces Attack Speed by 50%
Movement Speed reduction reduced to 30% from 40%
Now reduces all damage dealt by 30% from 70% for attacks and 30% from abilities/items.
It'll still be extremely powerful against AD Carries.