Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ziggs and the a few tweaks he needs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baalhrezem

Recruiter

12-24-2012

bumping for riot

Baalhrezem

Recruiter

01-10-2013

Bumping again.

GurkenMAN

01-11-2013

Quote:
Baalhrezem:
I've been playing a lot of Ziggs recently. Nothing too much but learning his mechanics.

I am concerned about the similarities between other champions and how they function differently when they shouldn't.

His passive needs to be function identically with Twisted Fate. In case you didn't know Twisted Fate's blue card, E proc, and sheen/lichbane. Are on a set priority.

If you would kill a minion with Blue Card, you keep your sheen and E proc.
If you would kill a minion with the damage from Blue Card and Sheen, but E would be overkill, you keep your E for the next attack.
If it takes Blue Card damage, sheen, and your E to kill a minion, all three will go off whether it kills it or not.

Similarly, Ziggs passive needs to work like this.

If killing a minion with basic attack damage (plus spellblade) would kill it, you keep your passive and sheen.
If killing a minion with sheen would kill it, you keep your passive.
If killing a minion with sheen and passive would kill it, both will go off whether it kills it or not.

Applicable to towers too.

Because the current way it works is you lose your passive's extra damage if it would kill the minion. Even TF gets mana back if the minion dies before it reaches it hitting air, why should Ziggs lose his passive for 12 seconds if the same happens to him?

Q - Well done, no need for tweaking and not buggy.

W - It needs the Gragas barrel/Lux treatment/Riven Q/etc.

The way it currently works is the CD is counted when it goes off, not when it is planted.

Gragas Q is on a 7 second cooldown, a 4.2 second cooldown with 40% CDR. He can choose to leave the barrel for zoning purposes for 3 seconds. Once the barrel explodes, the CD is 1.2 seconds because it is counted down in the background when he throws it, not when it explodes. This same thing applies to Lux and even rivens Q. Abilities like this need to be function identically across the board--Ziggs is not the only one.

E is fine, the potential damage from it is a little absurd but is a closet case scenario and they are likely to never hit more than 4.

R is great. Nothing buggy about it.

I hope you take my input/feedback seriously as the last time I made one of these for Lux, they actually took what I said and digested it. Thank you for reading.

I like the idea on w!!!

Although i have no complaints on ziggs (play him a lot recently) because hes just soooo good in teamfights it would be a nice little buff. The cd on w is really kinda high on early levels (so almost the whole game because you max it last) and this would help him a little.
The thing with the passive... yes i know what you wanna say but to be honest i dont mind this issue realy. If you miss a lasthit with your passive up its OK to be "punished" somehow. Heightens his skillcap.

Btw: While laning you should always use the passive for harassing. Hes kinda bad early laner imo because his q and e are so easily dodged and he has manaproblems. His passive is only reliable way to get some damage in and if ur overextended he hes a nice escape on w. This should be the first for you to master- using w as "dash" by throwing it under urself rly fast.

Wonder Princess

01-11-2013

Agreed! These minute changes would improve his gameplay greatly, not by buffing him, but by making him not lose his potential on minor problems.

Baalhrezem

Recruiter

01-18-2013

bump

FriendlyRaid

01-18-2013

I main Ziggs and quite honestly they need to buff his Satchel Charge, it's just sooo unreliable. Whether you actually get over a wall is a total **** shoot, even Phantomlord the high elo guy who mains Ziggs misses it all the time. Just watch his stream.

The problem is in the way it functions. The closer you are to the middle of the satchel charge the higher it sends you, the problem is if you're to close to the middle sometimes it just pops you straight up and doesn't get you over walls or let you escape, even when used correctly, and if you're to close to the edge of the satchel charge it doesn't get you high enough.

It needs one of these buffs:

- The distance it throws you should be increased (again), so you don't have to be near the middle to get the highest jump, you can be at the edge and ensure you get where you need to go.

- How high it throws you shouldn't be dependent on how close to the middle of the satchel charge you are, you should get it's max height even if you're at the edge. Again this would give you better control, a better escape, and make getting over walls a little easier.

All of his other skills work fine, but the quality of life improvement you're suggesting would be great too.

Baalhrezem

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Calling Xypherous or any other developer. It's been unnoticed for too long.

Zachgoose

Recruiter

01-28-2013

Yes. This needs to be addressed. Just like how they made skill shot cones "attached" to champions across the board, these changes should be applied to Ziggs as well. Right now there's little reason to use him over Karthus.

Ziggs deserves a few tweaks so his abilities can function like the others. His passive and W should be consistent with other champions like the OP mentioned.

GurkenMAN

01-28-2013

no problem with making w more reliable (although it works 99% of the time imo).

But pls- dont overbuff him.
I think hes really fine the way he is. The pokerange lategame, the ult, the zonecontrol from minefield, a pseudodash/hard cc- what else could you want on an apc?
I play him regularly and tbh, hes really a strong addition to any team. Best in comps with malp/mumu or some other initiator with reliable Aoe-cc.

Baalhrezem

Recruiter

02-07-2013

bump