When it comes to OP champions, this community sucks.

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UgIierBetty

04-01-2013

I just googled "Xin Zhao is OP" to see the threads people made before his nerf (i.e. back when RIOT ADMITTED THAT HE WAS OP AND NERFED HIM).

So people were making threads saying how he is anti fun, OP, etc. Their threads all got 50+ downvotes, and the first comments were all "Learn how to counter, you suck" and THOSE comments all had 50+ upvotes.

The ironic thing is that Xin WAS OP, and then got nerfed, so the people who made those threads were right.

This brings me to my point. I am sick of seeing, every time someone makes an OP thread, 50+ downvotes because people just read the title and got mad.

Three possibilities

(1) The downvotes are from the champion mains
(2) The downvotes are because the thread says a champion is OP who obviously isn't (LeBlanc)
(3) People like to call each other noobs, and they like to say, "OH ITS SO EASY TO COUNTER THAT CHAMPION" and make themselves look like they know what they're talking about.

Most of the time it's (3). Grow up people. When somebody makes a thread outlining why they think a champion is OP, calmly say why they aren't. Don't just angrily downvote and say, "ONLY BAD PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE WITH CHAMPION X"

Arkara73

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgIierBetty View Post
I just googled "Xin Zhao is OP" to see the threads people made before his nerf (i.e. back when RIOT ADMITTED THAT HE WAS OP AND NERFED HIM).

So people were making threads saying how he is anti fun, OP, etc. Their threads all got 50+ downvotes, and the first comments were all "Learn how to counter, you suck" and THOSE comments all had 50+ upvotes.

The ironic thing is that Xin WAS OP, and then got nerfed, so the people who made those threads were right.

This brings me to my point. I am sick of seeing, every time someone makes an OP thread, 50+ downvotes because people just read the title and got mad.

Three possibilities

(2) The downvotes are because the thread says a champion is OP who obviously isn't (LeBlanc)
(3) People like to call each other noobs, and they like to say, "OH ITS SO EASY TO COUNTER THAT CHAMPION" and make themselves look like they know what they're talking about.

Most of the time it's (3). Grow up people. When somebody makes a thread outlining why they think a champion is OP, calmly say why they aren't. Don't just angrily downvote and say, "ONLY BAD PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE WITH CHAMPION X"

This has probably been one of the most constructive and not ******y threads I've seen in a while. I totally agree with you.

Lexinus

04-01-2013

Yeah. The community here is really arrogant and you know what is more anti fun than a stupidly OP champ? A toxic community...

CerealBoxOfDoom

04-01-2013

I just googled master yi OP before they buffed him and UP before they nerfed him

stop playing these games with people

CerealBoxOfDoom

04-01-2013

Quote:

Three possibilities

btw the reason you get downvotes isnt because you called a champion OP. Its because your evidence tends to be bad. Others present even worse than you. If you want to prove something is OP you need to at least know the game well enough to do it properly. You don't even seem to consider itemization letalone consider all the factors in why a champion on its own could be broken.

Sub par work
Sub par arguements
lacking proof with no weight
ugly statistics with no weight.

This is how you get downvotes.

Oh and dont even get me started on the favorite tools of the OP sayers.

"you must play this champ if you disagree" Youre bad at the game if you disagree clearly you **** goats and support pedobear. See wut i did there?

oh and another one

Calling ppl out for disagreeing ahead of time without explaining why the obvious response isnt exceptable.
"hiemerdinger OP! dont give me that squishy with no escapes bs cuz huehuehue!" This will get you downvotes

and another one

not being willing to defend your case because the person challenging it isnt of the right rank or any excuse like that when the person took the time to type out their arguement? OH HELL NO, downvotes out the ***.

SeiYouSiLa

04-01-2013

Quote:

Three possibilities

or (4) the champion is not OP, the thread starters just got into a game and got owned by someone who happened to use such champion so they deserves all the downvotes

Evolnemesis

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeiYouSiLa View Post
or (4) the champion is not OP, the thread starters just got into a game and got owned by someone who happened to use such champion so they deserves all the downvotes
He covered that in (2)... he was just saying that a lot of the time it seems like (3) is more common. Though all in all, I think that Riot is pretty good at making sure nobody is really OVERPOWERED... champs all have different strong points and weak points, and some will be a little better than others, and some will counter others, that's the nature of MOBAs, but all in all, I think most champs are at least close enough to compete with each other... it's pretty rare a champ really outclasses everyone enough that you actually can't beat them. Last time i can think of is a champ really being overpowered IS Xin Zhao when he was released...

Truthfully most threads in here about champs being OP really WERE just started by someone who just lost with their favorite champ to a champ that counters them. The first time they realize that the champ and strategy they always use won't work against someone the first thing they think is 'OMG OP!'.. of course they should really be thinking of how they can fix the problem themselves, by changing their strategy (maybe don't keep diving into that champion that keeps killing you over and over, and try to farm instead because they fall off later on if you don't feed them... maybe get a different early item to help against that champ, etc...) If you really want to see how to counter a champ that you think is OP though... play with that champ a few games.

CerealBoxOfDoom

04-01-2013

Quote:
see this, this is an opinion but

Quote:
this... this right here. its possible but as an assumption its just an OMFG GO CHOKE ON A POPCORN KERNAL moment! If I had hair I swear I'd still rip somebody else's out or something. (I like my hair) This one assumption enrages me especially when its directed at me specifically. This is a commonly used BS copout just like "youve obviously never seen a good..."

CerealBoxOfDoom

04-01-2013

/moar ragepost

Lunar Sanguis

04-01-2013

Well yeah this community sucks.. even more so than CoD, and that takes a metric **** ton of effort to accomplish. People like to disagree because like you said, they always think they know what they are talking about.

12345 ... 8