Warwick Balance Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magnan

03-10-2013

Hey everyone like a lot of you i enjoy Warwick but i feel like he is kinda last lackluster at this point in time especially with the bruiser meta that is in right now. So here are my simple revisions to Warwick.

My simple fix is really just re adjust some of Warwicks abilities like they did with Xin Zhao while trying to retain what we all enjoy about playing Warwick. Without further adieu i give you my changes to Warwick the Blood Hunter.

Starting with his passive, i like his passive but i dont think its best suited where it is at same goes for his blood scent so lets just simply switch them.

New Passive : Blood Scent : Warwick senses enemy champions under 50% Health within 1500/3000/4500 distance of him; while he detects a low-health enemy, he gains 20/30/40% Movement Speed.

Basically the same thing as before except its now leveled up and 1, 6 and 11 also no more toggle.

Hungering Strike: Same as before

Hunter's Call : Same as before

Next is his eternal thirst being his new E or third ability.

New Ability: Eternal Thirst : Each of Warwick's attacks will heal him. Each successive attack against the same target will restore increasing amounts of health to Warwick, Stacks three times. In addition to restoring health to Warwick it also passively steal a % of the enemies armor and magic resist, Stacks 3 times.

3/6/9/12/15 additional health.(Too much? Too Little? Please give constructive feedback especially in this area.)

1%/1.5%/2%/2.5%/3% armor and magic resist. (Too much? Too Little? Just MR? Just Armor? Please give constructive feedback especially in this area.)

Basically my idea for this ability is to better help Warwick to tank and or play AP like alot of people enjoy. Also mix this with Warwick hungering strike also gives Warwick a bit of a Anti- Bruiser feel to it while still retaining as much of the"normal" Warick we know.

Infinite Duress: Same as before

Again these are just my thoughts on what we can do to sorta bring Warwick back as a good option for top and jungle. Thanks for reading and please give me your feedback i want to know what you guys think?

Smokeydubbs

03-11-2013

I think he needs a gap closer or CC. Since his ult is on a moderately short cooldown, it might be better to just have a CC ablilty.

By going by your model, his E should be the CC.

Batron3000

03-11-2013

I really enjoy WW i have a win rate at 58,6% with him in ranked and my thoughts with him is that hes just too weak to play top lane far too many champions can tear him a new one. so ive come to a conclusion that ww can only jungle and by jungle i mean moderate clears cant counter jungle and can only gank at lvl 6 and beyond he can also play mid as long as he doesnt vs malz, ryze, LB, or anyone that silences him by building 2 dorans gives WW super sustain from his Q but then late game he falls to peices and becomes a q burst character.
what i think WW needs is something to either make him more tankier so he cant get destroyed by garen, darius, irelia, fiora, lee, wukong, jax, olaf, rumble ect. or he needs his mana cost to his q dropped or he needs more damage just to stay level, i dont believe WW shud get a gap closer ability or else it wud be far too OP for him to do what vi does, which is getting banned more and more, those are just my suggestions thoughts?

Puma Byte

03-11-2013

That would make him weaker. Instead of maxing Q first which does decent dmage and heals you now have to make this new E first which deals no significant damage at all.

If his passive was added as a passive to his Q that would be nice.
Eternal Thrist can be his new passive if it didn't signal to the enemies WW is near, else it needs to be toggle-able so that it does not mess up his ganks on occassion (and maybe give a speed bonus to his allies to).

I would like to see a better gap closer on him other than his ult.

Depending on which way Riot wants to go with him, he could use a little more tankiness, else something to boost his clear times. (I still say make his Q an AoE the area of the swipe animation).

SomeCallMeEd

03-11-2013

Like Batron saidn I don't think a gapcloser is what's needdd but some tweaks to his passive and E to better deal with newer champions and other top/jungle champs. Personally I'd buff his mana pool. He really isin't terrible just average mid game and pretty decent late. His early game is just horrible because champions like Xin, Jax, Vi, etc can practically spam their abilities without worry of oom while WW does 2 q's for "meh" damage and goes OOM for the most part. And unlike Jayce he doesn't have the utility or raw power to justify his mana problems.

That's just my take. I'm no expert I just like and play the champ when I can.

lightandarkness

03-11-2013

ww could use a slight mana buff and make some of is ability to do physical damage instead of magic damage

xXxKojixXx

03-11-2013

i like the idea except the passive, if you cant turn it off then they are gonna know were you are there when they are low , and ruin potential ganks..

Batron3000

03-11-2013

as somone said his mana cost is very high for his q and no damage for it, an idea that wud be nice but proberly OP is for his basic attacks to deal % current health make it very small early game so its not noticeable but if he can make it to late game (like kog) he becomes powerful and can start doing damage because his per game average damage to champs (96,000) garen or darius or cho or vi average to champs (134,000) its just unfair that health based champs deal so much damage. and at least with this basic attack he can fight toe to toe with em

atm WW is just weak at start and weak at end the only thing he has going for him is ulting some bad player that is out of posistion. and then the team can push and win
Thoughts? Too OP stupid idea?

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

The toggle on Blood Scent is a good thing to have though, you can really sneak up on people with it off, but they know you're coming if its always on

Batron3000

03-12-2013

bump