Why Increase % Global Mana Regen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RBeckham

12-04-2012

Quote:
Increased global mana regeneration aura from 1.5% to 2% bonus regeneration per 1% of mana missing
What is the reason for this change?

- Mana recovery has been so fast on the Crystal Scar that most characters don't need to build anything more than the Prospector's Ring for managable mana. If i'm playing Gragas or Lulu or Maokai, I can opt for a Catalyst or potions if necessary and do fine. Not to mention the recovery spawns that also restore mana.

- The % regen weakens the appeal of mana per 5, and this change is just amplifying that. The bigger pool of mana you have (i.e., Frozen Heart), the greater returns you get on the % regen. Mana regeneration items, runes and masteries go further out the window in a game mode that de-emphasizes attrition, compared to Summoner's Rift.

- Who needs better mana regen? Cassiopeia and Malzahar have the range to be able to safely build a Tear for spammability bot lane if that's the way they need to play. Swain? Are we balancing a global aura around Swain?

Honestly, I thought the aura would turn into a flat bonus so that mp/5 could compete better with mana items. Mages who have spells that cost 100 or so mana to cast don't seem like they'd want to be sitting at ultra low mana in the first place since they can't combo as well. Brusiers seem to have the most benefit since they are building tanky items with mana on them anyway and seem to have lower spell costs.

So, maybe i'm just jumping on this too fast, but again, what is the point of this change? What is it suppose to do? Why is it worth doing?

Orphane

12-04-2012

All it is is a reversion of a nerf that was active for like, 1 patch.

DevlJoe

12-04-2012

This is just reverting a change from a couple of weeks ago. It was 2% for most of dominion's life, they nerfed it semi-recently and this is just changing it back.

DiscworldDeath

12-04-2012

S3 had generally seen items give less mana/mana regen as well.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
So, maybe i'm just jumping on this too fast, but again, what is the point of this change? What is it suppose to do? Why is it worth doing?
Outside of just reverting a nerf from a previous patch, it allows casters with heavy mana costs to actually use abilities and not feel horrible even when they land. In the end, if there is no mana regen aura then bruisers win because they have been designed to not rely on blue buff. If you look at some of the older casters like Leblanc, Lux, Anivia, Morgana, and even Xerath their mana costs are so freakin high that after maybe one rotation they are out of mana.

Also
Quote:
S3 had generally seen items give less mana/mana regen as well.