[Minor] Cannot follow my champion while in the shop menu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoLunAether

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but when in-game, if I lock-on to my champion using space bar, it stops following the champion when I open shop. I hold space bar to follow my champion and (whether it matters or not) have rebound 'T' to the shop menu. So, for example, in the previous patch, if I were walking back to lane, I could hold space bar to follow my champion and browse the shop while walking. However, if I try that now, opening up the shop stops me from following my champion. After one custom game, I've discovered just how jarring this is - I browse while locked onto my champion a lot, so not being able to do so now is very distracting.

tl;dr: Following your champion by holding space bar is disabled when you have the shop open. Riot, if you could restore this functionality, I would be extremely grateful. Hopefully you see this and can do something about it!

Demonscarab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

The reason this happens is because of the new Search option in the store. It isnt something that was available before the new store change. This isn't a bug.

SoLunAether

12-04-2012

I wondered about that. Regardless, I was not sure where else to put it. I don't trust my voice to be heard in GD, so I hoped that a Rioter might see this here and let me know if there was anything that could be done about it.

Demonscarab

12-04-2012

Not really. There is a "quick fix" that requires fast hands you can do. Just hit the camera lock button (default Y key) before you open the shop every time and you won't have to worry about it. It's about the simplest solution I can come up with.

SoLunAether

12-04-2012

Yes, that would work. I'm just mildly upset that that's something I have to do. Besides, when I opened the shop, the cursor wasn't even in the text box, so disabling the space bar for that didn't do much anyway. Maybe they should only disable hotkeys from working when you've clicked in the text box.

Demonscarab

12-04-2012

Yea, I can understand the frustration. I noticed it as well when I first got in on my other computer and toyed with the new items on a champion. But this is something they will address last, because there are several larger, more pressing bugs right now that have others completely unable to play.

SoLunAether

12-04-2012

That's kinda what I figured. :/ Oh well. If nothing else, I'll just have to get used to it.