One Who is Whole(An ?OCxRiven? FanFic)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theamp4

02-01-2013

Chapter 9.

Stained

“…You failed me Cassiopeia. I thought you had this under control.”

Cassiopeia couldn’t look her in the eyes. “I know… I thought I did… It’s just… That girl.”

She watched the figure sigh in frustration. “Not her again? She’s popping up everywhere now…”

“Phase one was a failure. If you cannot finish him by tomorrow, I will send him to personally oversee your work.”

Cassiopeia’s nostrils flared at the mention of him, but all the while her cheeks betraying a slight pink hue, unnoticeable in the dark room. “You know how much I hate that lapdog! Why would you make me work with him!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Auron rapped his hands on the hard wood door in front of him. “There is no reason for her to say yes…” He remarked to himself. Riven opened the door, obviously bored from doing nothing. “What do you want. I’m trying to sleep.”

Her response came as a small shocker to him, but he cooled himself and responded back with his question. “I’m fairly sure I can guess what you are going to say in response, but I, uh… how do you say, I’d like for… No…”

Auron floundered in his words, and Riven gave a silent chuckle. “Out with it, you are babbling like a crazed person.”

“Fine, look, I’m going back home for a week, and I’m… I’m afraid of going alone, ok… and I don’t know how to teleport myself there yet…”

Riven stared at him.

And stared.

And stared…

Auron shifted uncomfortably, and as his embarrassment rose, so did his want to never show himself again to anybody. “Nevermind, forget I asked… I’ll leave you alone…” He said as he walked off.

Riven shrugged and closed the door behind her, tracing the edge of the half necklace wrapped around her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Auron took what he needed in a small bag, mostly just food and cloth to make shelter with, and left the institute after saying goodbye to Drake and his other friends, onwards to Piltover.

He stopped for the night near a small grove and started a small fire to cook for himself. Auron heard a noise nearby, and he listened intently for any other noise. It had already gone dark, so the only light was from the moon and the burning fire that he was sitting by. Auron turned back around to finish his cooking, and he ate it slowly. “This tastes nothing like hers…” He remarked to himself. It even left him feeling a little sick. Auron tossed the rest of it in the fire, and laid down to sleep for the night…

Auron heard an even louder noise, closer this time. He reached for his pack nearby, searching for the replacement sword he had gotten before he left. Something slithered over his arm, and he reflexively pulled his hand back.

Something breathed over his back. “I missssed you… Auron…”

Cassiopeia shoved his head forward onto the ground, trying to smother him in the dirt. His hands sprawled out left and right, trying to find anything to get his face freed from its dirt prison.

His hand brushed the fire, burning his hand in the process, causing it to bleed, but Auron grabbed a flaming stick from it. Auron heaved with as much strength as he could muster, and flipped over, flinging the stick at her face.

The screech could be heard from miles away. The burning stick had hit on the nose with enough force to break in half, poking both of her eyes, temporarily blinding her. She slithered backwards, letting go of Auron.

Grabbing another fiery stick, he swung it back and forth in front of her, pushing her back slowly. Auron didn’t want to kill her, but she kept swinging back at him whenever possible.

And then it happened. His forearm glowed with a bright light, and in the bright light, Cassiopeia and Auron both had to shield their eyes.

When it faded away, the white wolf was no longer there on his arm, but instead, it was breathing in front of him. Cassiopeia stared at it in horror. Auron could only look at it stupidly.

It raised his head and howled into the night…

And then it spoke…

“Leave Snake Lady…”

It’s voice had a low rasp, with as much aggression as a cougar would stalk its prey after not hunting in a while. It’s paws were spread out, ready to pounce should she not behave.

Cassiopeia backed up a good few steps before screaming out to him. “This isn’t over! You are going to die… If it’s the last thing I do!” She slithered as fast as she could towards Noxus, leaving only Auron and the wolf alone.

The wolf turned toward him and sat down. “Are you hurt, master?”

Auron’s mouth dropped at the sight. “W-what?!”

Auron laid back, his head resting on the wolf’s side. “So… you are a guardian, that only comes out when its owner is in extreme danger… And I am your owner…”

The wolf growled in agreement. “I would have come in Noxus a few days ago, but I sensed that girl was there. You were not stained… There was no need for me to show myself, as I knew you would be fine.”

Auron thought for a second. “Riven?” It didn’t respond back. “How long can you stay?”

As he said that, the wolf began fading slowly, and the tattoo on his forearm slowly began reappearing. “Only as long as the danger is there can I stay. Snake Lady is gone, so I will fade until I am needed again… But fear not, the One Who Shall Become Whole will keep you safe…”

The apparition faded, leaving Auron lonely again, and caused Auron to drift into a deep sleep, knowing that the wolf would keep him safe if necessary…

Author's Note: Made this quickly enough, thanks riot for the downtime? Feedback is much appreciated, anything pl0x.

saladeo

02-01-2013

I hoped i could read it at work, maybe tomorrow.

Edit: it seems like i made this comment after ot at the same time you posted the chapter XD

Frost Archer

02-01-2013

Ah, I finally understand your title. Because Riven is not WHOLE, but broken. But when the blade is REFORGED she will become WHOLE. And who is she missing? Someone who will make her WHOLE. Am I correct?

Theamp4

02-01-2013

Dunno...

It's obvious yes, it deals with Riven, but it could be something else. As for anything else, that would be telling, eh?

Edit: Grrr... Now I wanna write another chapter XD

Theamp4

02-01-2013

Bump for the night.

saladeo

02-02-2013

You know, i wont get mad if you write another one, great

Theamp4

02-02-2013

Hmm...

I don't want to over-saturate you guys...

...but I think I'll write one more chapter for now. HUEHUEHUEHUE.

saladeo

02-02-2013

I think i can endure it, bring it on.

Theamp4

02-05-2013

Bumpeth for the goodeth of the peopleth of this forumeth.

eth.

kittytoast

02-05-2013

ETH.

Cool the plot thickens, as it were :3