Graphics bug after pre-season patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MissChell

12-25-2012

I've been having the same problem as well since the big preseason patch that brought the new store and look to League. This happens every time I open the store and spectate, etc. There is also another problem that just started happening yesterday where Boxes go over the icons and pings Hoping for a fix other than getting a new graphics card :/

misterisarocker

12-27-2012

Hi, I just recently encountered this problem. I can't spectate games and its quite difficult to use to the shop to buy items when you have all those colorful graphic problems in the way. I was wondering if anyone found a fix or if anyone knows if riot will be fixing the client in the next patch. Thank You!

KhayradDin

12-27-2012

Just started all of a sudden, not after a patch or anything just played some matches today and had graphical tearing any time I opened the shop or chat window. Changed graphics settings around, restarted computer etc. and nothing worked.

nikkahz

12-30-2012

hey, just thought i would give this a bump, and see what the word is.

NOTE- since the first time this started, i can now open the box with characters and items, without the glitch.
pressing enter to chat, shopping, spectating and dominion still give issues.

morpher412

12-30-2012

This is not just a problem in LoL for me but also in other games. SC2 and SWTOR.,,

misterisarocker

01-03-2013

hi guys! so I went looking around the interwebs for something that would help fix this problem and yes updating the drivers for my graphic card, AMD hd5650, did just that. I was running drivers from 2011 and also I was using my laptop which had switchable graphics. So here's the link, http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-e...envy-14-a.html, I just downloaded the 12.10 drivers and let it do its thing and it worked. I dont know if it is just specific for hp envy laptops or just hd 5650 and 6630 graphics card but I hope this will work for you guys as well.

Eufonioum

01-04-2013

An innocent little bump. This bug is really annoying me, since I can't even spectate games. :\

DemonicPurge

01-05-2013

I have the same problem but mine is labeled as pictures 4-6 seconds and then normalized and sometimes I have to restart.

Riot please help.
And now we want to help because nobody wants to wait until the new patch on Tuesday.

Fix it.

Ravenharts

01-05-2013

I had this same issue, but I'm downloading the AMD Catalyst Driver... ATI Radeon 5000s something here too.

Linchiko

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterisarocker View Post
hi guys! so I went looking around the interwebs for something that would help fix this problem and yes updating the drivers for my graphic card, AMD hd5650, did just that. I was running drivers from 2011 and also I was using my laptop which had switchable graphics. So here's the link, http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-e...envy-14-a.html, I just downloaded the 12.10 drivers and let it do its thing and it worked. I dont know if it is just specific for hp envy laptops or just hd 5650 and 6630 graphics card but I hope this will work for you guys as well.
I have HD 5650 huh I'll see what's up,

hmm nope I still have the same problem, I'll see if another driver works but after that I'm not touching my driver at all. If the problem didn't happen before the preseason patch doesn't that kinda give a hint of what the problem was? I mean the error happened after that. The only fix at the moment is that the TAB menu works now. There is still a minor color problem but it isn't covering the whole thing so there's improvement going on

welp I updated to AMD Radeon HP 6500M/5600/5700 Series, I also changed my Catalyst Control Center to "default" setting. Idk what made it work but one of those two changes made my spec of games not have the swirly lights problem anymore. I'll include both DxDiags