Graphics bug after pre-season patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fevrale

12-16-2012

I've had the same problem with this. There is no update for my driver though (ATI Radeon mobility 6370). Also, I set some things to custom settings and it reverts every game. I set shading to off and it solved some of the glitch on the tab screen in-game. The rest of the game is horribily bugged and makes playing really hard. :C

Gold15

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
It seems that you and Gold15 are experience a different issue than the other players in this thread. There is a problem we're working on where players using AMD athalon XP CPU's don't render the in game shop correctly. Unfortunately this isn't a problem that can be fixed by a driver update.

Really wondering how to fix this since new patch because it is VERY dificult to play

Thanks

Lantean

12-17-2012

I have a ATI Radeon 5970 with an Intel Hex Processor. I am unable to spectate or play any games due to the unviewable screen. I have the Latest 12.10 driver installed. This happened since the preseason 3 patch came out. Actually I had a few issues before the patch but it wasn't as bad as it is now.

The Character models show linear line tears and then turns into big blocks. Also part of the screen because a unviewable gray box. Example: You can't see terrain, bushes, other champions in sections of the map.

WarderOfNothing

12-17-2012

Quote:
We are investigating a fix for issues related to the AMD Athalon XP CPU family. We would like to get a fix out with the next patch, however some times these kinds of problems take more time to be able to fix.
Are you still thinking it is a graphics issue? If so, I don't think it explains this:
  • I was playing, my game crashed. I logged back in, the bug was there (it was not before).
    After installing the wrong graphics driver, I uninstalled, leaving my original. The issue was no longer there. I played a few games in between so it didn't just happen once.

There must be something more than just the graphics driver

hartag

12-21-2012

Quote:
If someone using an ATI 5650, that was previously having problems, would update your drivers to verify if that fixes the issue, I would be grateful!
My driver is up to date (at least provided by the manufacturer) and was to no effect for my ATI 5650. My issues are similar with the overlay HuD. Look at the attached screen shot. It looks like the HuD is trying to be drawn in 3d. Could this programming error be within the 3D mode?

I do have a switchable GPU and there is no issue with the game, however, I would not recommend playing on the power saving GPU. Ever.

The only other issues I've had with other games with the ATI 5650 is within the game itself and not the overlay. I understand that GPU's have limits but I have never had a problem previous to this with League. Seems like poor programming here.

Ninja Boss91

12-24-2012

Been playing on power saving graphics since this started hoping it would get fixed soon, still nothing...Any riot employee know if they have found any solution or have come close to it. Really not like having to play with the intel graphics

Djnni

12-25-2012

I have the ATI 5650 as well. I get the exact same problem. I've also never had an issue with league before the preseason patch. I'm actually getting used to having the shapes all over the place though lol. Just make sure not to type or anything during critical moments

MissChell

12-25-2012

I've been having the same problem as well since the big preseason patch that brought the new store and look to League. This happens every time I open the store and spectate, etc. There is also another problem that just started happening yesterday where http://i.imgur.com/mRdxc.jpg Hoping for a fix other than getting a new graphics card :/

MissChell

12-25-2012

I've been having the same problem as well since the big preseason patch that brought the new store and look to League. This happens every time I open the store and spectate, etc. There is also another problem that just started happening yesterday where Boxes go over the icons and pings Hoping for a fix other than getting a new graphics card :/

misterisarocker

12-27-2012

Hi, I just recently encountered this problem. I can't spectate games and its quite difficult to use to the shop to buy items when you have all those colorful graphic problems in the way. I was wondering if anyone found a fix or if anyone knows if riot will be fixing the client in the next patch. Thank You!