AP YI is becoming a thing in SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glumduk

11-30-2012

We all knew about AP Yi as a solo lane -months- ago.
So after we throw this on the pile of things we knew before SR players, what's next?

For those not in the loop, an AP Yi got a penta in IPL. The tide of AP Yi players is coming.

MyDeadGrandma

11-30-2012

AP yi has been around since beta. Shhh.

AD Yi has been out of the loop in SR for so long most people only went YI as a gimmick AP splitpushing/bd anyways.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Only months?

IG has been running ap yi for months too.

http://www.azubu.com/archives/13610
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2474979

Anyways dominion superiority threads are stupid. Champions don't have to go through the same gold + experience allocation that champions on SR need to go through, on top of the lack of a laning phase.

Redenbacher

11-30-2012

I remember seeing AP Yi's in SR games months before Dominion was released.

FOODFOOD

11-30-2012

People have been running AP Yi since beta...

It goes through phases. For 6 months it's a troll pick, then a pro does it and succeeds, then it's better than AD, then people forget 6 months later and it's a troll pick, rinse wash repeat.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

AP yi si what food food said it's a vicious cyce and a highly controversial topic with supporters and detractors, anyways to answer the last question, probably Kha'zix, once people realize they are dumb for jungling as Kz he'll probably be the next qq train,
edit: they finally picked it up, somewhat , Fnatic picked Kz on their match against Tpa in the Ipl and Kha'zix basically made the match for them, however since fnatic also had Katarina mid, eyes were out ofKha'zix and the qq was aimed towards Kat, they didn't even realize that the ridicolous burst damage kat was seemingly doing was actually KZ's doing and giving kat the spotlight by giving her the kill and pretending not being that relevant.

edit 2: apparently the machete is not enough for jungling with KZ and let's say that S3 jungling with him is a bold move, deleted the part in the original post where i assumed it would be viable.

MMKH

11-30-2012

AP Yi, the counter to BFT?

Zulgaines

11-30-2012

I used to play AP Yi all the time in SR since beta, got called bad and was shunned for it a lot.

I don't think I ever lost my lane, also got my first two penta kills with AP Yi and carried many games.

ElevenOfClubs

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulgaines View Post
I used to play AP Yi all the time in SR since beta, got called bad and was shunned for it a lot.

I don't think I ever lost my lane, also got my first two penta kills with AP Yi and carried many games.
AP Yi's problem was one could easily win the lane with it, and then doing nothing in a team fight. Because you're worthless if you don't get your reset and have your heal canceled.

Even many people that think AP Yi is a retarded playstyle feel that he has a strong lane.

Disclaimer: I never said I think AP Yi is bad.

ShawNuff

12-01-2012

Pokemon Trainer Malzahar dunks turrets pretty hard.