Time to make Capture point a little bit more Sturdy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smXho

12-04-2012

Maybe 10%??? To compensate all the increase MS from those boots?

I mean, we don't want POOTERS style every two games, it either works or not work, but it makes the other 9 people feel bored. (frustrated might be a better word)

The Fizznity

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
Maybe 10%??? To compensate all the increase MS from those boots?

I mean, we don't want POOTERS style every two games, it either works or not work, but it makes the other 9 people feel bored.
You'll hear about how high ELO players enjoy pooters, but really, ask yourself: How many of the actual bulk of dom players wanna chase some idiot around who is intent on doing nothing but backcapping? There was a good reason they removed Priscilla's Blessing, and it had to do with backcap spam.

TCWA Tigerbite

12-04-2012

Bored? No. Frustrated? Very.

The Pooters strategy is very irritating to play against, but is nowhere near boring and sometimes you have to adopt that strategy mid game to make any sort of comeback.

Just last night I was in a game where we couldn't win a 4v4 to save our lives, so we started sending 2 bot 2 mid, 1 top to split them up. Worked out nicely and we made a great comeback to win. (400+ to less than 100 before we took control.)

But I have no clue what you're asking...10% what? o.o

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I'm guessing he means 10% longer duration on the channel required to cap. What I don't get is if he means +10% from neutral, meaning that to uncap a point and then cap it for your team would require 20% more time (10% increase from fully red to neutral, and neutral to green) OR just 10% (5% and 5%). The latter of which wouldn't counter POOTERSS play and the former would be ridiculous.

smXho

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
Bored? No. Frustrated? Very.

The Pooters strategy is very irritating to play against, but is nowhere near boring and sometimes you have to adopt that strategy mid game to make any sort of comeback.

Just last night I was in a game where we couldn't win a 4v4 to save our lives, so we started sending 2 bot 2 mid, 1 top to split them up. Worked out nicely and we made a great comeback to win. (400+ to less than 100 before we took control.)

But I have no clue what you're asking...10% what? o.o
Yea, frustrated is a better word, especially if it happens in 80% of the games

And by 10%, i wanted to say 10% longer to capture (effectively 10% more hp on a Capture point)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
I'm guessing he means 10% longer duration on the channel required to cap. What I don't get is if he means +10% from neutral, meaning that to uncap a point and then cap it for your team would require 20% more time (10% increase from fully red to neutral, and neutral to green) OR just 10% (5% and 5%). The latter of which wouldn't counter POOTERSS play and the former would be ridiculous.
the earlier, but then 10% is not fixed, it could be 9+9 or 11+11 etc, just slightly increase it

But if you think about it, having it neutralised already provide an advantage to your team, especially it takes the same amount of "extra time" for the enemy to cap it back

LordofNarf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
That's not actually how percentages work.

If the 'capture health' of the tower (the time it takes to channel it from captured to neutral, or from neutral to captured' was increased by 10%, then the time to neutralize a point from captured would be 10% longer that it currently is.

(Actually, it would be very slightly less than 10%, because the time spent establishing a channel would be relatively less of the time spent capturing, but this is essentially negligible in this calculation)

If the 'capture health' is increased by 10%, it will similarly take 1.1 times the amount of time to neutralize a point, and 1.1 times as long to capture a point from neutral, which means that capturing a point from enemy control will take 10% more time than it currently does.

(1/2)(1.1) + (1/2)(1.1) = 1.1