(Champion Concept) Omen - Violence Incarnate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morec0

09-09-2012

If you read this please leave a comment. I would appreciate any and all feedback on this champion, be it good or bad. Thank you and have a wonderful day/night/life in general.

Previous Champion: Lionel Brickhouse - The Skeleton's Rage
Next Champion: Aurvora –The Architect of the Desert

Morec0 Presents:

An Eleventh Champion Special:

Omen – Violence Incarnate

Attributes: Melee, Fighter, Jungler

Base Stats:
Health: 420 (+90 per level)
HP Regen: 6.4 (+.34 per level)
Mana: 220 (+30 per level)
Mana Regen: 5.3 (+.54 per level)
Damage: 48 (+2.3 per level)
Attack Speed: .635 (+.7% per level)
Armor: 20 (+.2 per level)
Magic Resist: 30 (+0 per level)
Movement Speed: 310
Range: 145

(Innate Passive) Cheshire Grin – Whenever Omen or another champion, minion, or monster uses a basic attack in an area around Omen, he gain a stack of Grin, to a cap of 50. For each stack he gains attack damage. At 50 stacks, Omen’s next basic attack is an ensured critical strike and he loses all 50 stacks after the attack. Omen loses all stacks upon death.
Radius of Effect: 700
Bonus Attack Damage: .2 / .3 / .4 / .5 (increases at levels 6, 11, and 16)

[Q] (Active) Piercing Spines – Omen shoots one of the spines on his shoulder, tethered to him by a fleshy cord, out in a line. The spine damage and sticks into the first enemy it comes into contact with. After three uses of this ability, all enemies attached to Omen via this ability are pulled into melee range of him. Passively this also grants him additional attack speed. Ability cooldown starts after all enemies are pulled to him.
Cooldown Between Casts: .5 seconds
Cooldown After Pull: 17 / 14.5 / 12 / 9.5 / 7
Duration
Range: 1000
Tether Range: 1050
Damage: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 (+.2 per attack damage)
Attack Speed Increase: 45% / 55% / 65% / 75% / 90% (+.02% per 50 attack damage)

[W] (Active) Tactical Withdrawal – Omen fires spines from his tail in a large cone directly behind him, deal damage and slowing enemy movement speed for three seconds.
Range: 950
Damage: 10 / 25 / 40 / 55 / 70 (+.07 per ability power)
Movement Speed Reduction: 29% / 32% / 35% / 38% / 41%

[E] (Autocast) Needle Onslaught – When Omen hits a target with his basic attack, one of the spines pass through his original target to hit an enemy behind the first. Any enemy struck by this effect takes some damage. If the second attack successfully hits a target both enemies are afflicted with Bloody Fragrance, which causes damage over time and also increases the amount of damage Omen deals to either target with his basic attacks.
Initial Damage: 50% of Damage to Original Target
Damage over Time: 2% / 3% / 4% / 5% / 6% of ability power per second (+.01% per attack damage)
Increased Damage to Targets: 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% of ability power (+.01% per attack damage)

[R] (Active) Jovial Violence – Omen unleashes a spray of needles directly in front of him, dealing damage to all enemies in a line. The first enemy to be damaged by this gains a bleed effect and has its armor lowered by a percentage.
After using the main Omen completely immerses himself in the battle at hand. His attack speed, movement speed, attack damage, and ability power are all increased by a percentage. For each champion kill or assist Omen makes while this is active the percentage increases slightly to a cap. If Omen is out of combat for more than 10 seconds these buffs will start to fade by 2% per second (enemy structures do not apply).
The cooldown of this ability starts after the first effect is used, and does not affect the passive stat increase.
Range: 1000
Damage: 300 / 450 / 600 (+.4 per ability power)(+.3 per attack damage)
Bleed Damage: 20 / 50 / 80 (+.3 per ability power)(+.2 per attack damage)
Armor reduction: 2% / 2.5% / 3%
Radius of Passive Effect: 700
Movement Speed Increase: 14% / 20% / 26% (+.03% per kill)
Maximum Movement Speed Increase: 19% / 25% / 31%
Attack Speed Increase: 11% / 14% / 17% (+.05% per kill)
Maximum Attack Speed Increase: 14% / 17% / 20%
Attack Damage Increase: 6% / 7% / 8% (+.4% per kill)
Maximum Attack Damage Increase: 8% / 9% / 10%
Ability Power Increase: 7% / 9% / 11% (+ .5% per kill)
Maximum Ability Power Increase: 12% / 14% / 16%

Lore:

Omen is a creature who revels in violence of any kind, from a knife-fight to a simple shouting match. He takes special interest in those conflicts which result in bloodshed, hovering like a vulture and leaving when the violence ends. His very base origins are a mystery and because of this rumors about him circulate endlessly, but there are only a few facts that can be agreed upon.

Omen was first seen in passing glances throughout the Magma Chamber beneath the Institute of War, never for more than half a second. It lurked in the shadows and the hardest to reach places, and even when attempts to find the creature were made it was impossible to locate it. Then, one day, the creature inexplicably approached a group of architects and Summoners who were working on reshaping a part of the chamber that had collapsed. Once near them the creature began to… speak. It introduced itself rather politely as Omen, and humbly requested admission into the League.

During his League Judgment, however, it became painfully clear to the Summoners that Omen’s intentions were far from as polite as his original manner had indicated. His thoughts were consumed with memories and fantasized visions of blood and gore, the people in the imagined scenes ranging from those he had first spoken with to those he had met only minutes before. The charade having run its course as the Summoners probed his mind, Omen let his manner temporarily slip back into a blood-lusting zeal; one that even the most brutal of the League’s champions could not hope to match, with a genius-level intellect to back it. As the Summoners walked away, unharmed but disturbed, Omen warned that if he was refused admission others would not fare so well.

The Summoners debated whether or not the creature could be allowed admission. It had lied about its true nature, but its words still weighed heavily in their minds and already it had vanished without so much as a trace to be found. It was grudgingly decided that they could not risk the safety of other Summoners or even Champions. The first step they took was ceasing all activity in the Magma Chamber, fearing more of his kind; the second: warily admitting Omen as a Champion; albeit one on a short leash.

“Thank you for your consideration and admittance to this glorious performance of blood, bone, gore and slaughter. I assure you, these bouts will never be the same.”
-Omen, upon his admission into the League.

Overview:

Skin of dark crimson and eyes glowing orange like flames, that is what characterizes Omen’s physical appearance at first glance. If one can pull their attention away from his ear-to-ear grin they will see the spines protruding from his back and tail lining up to be fired at them. The elaborate tattoos on his body suggest that he has had interaction with some form of intelligent creature before, but whether it was a being known to the civilized world, another of Omen’s own kind, or a new and even more disturbing creature is unknown. The creature’s physical appearance does not seem to correlate with any adaptations to living in a volcano – even a dormant one – which only lends itself to the mystery of where, exactly, Omen’s origins lie.

Omen’s intelligence comes as a shock to all who encounter him, especially if they have witnessed his love for pointless violence and wanton slaughter. Omen is rarely seen in civilized land; but it seems that whenever a pair of champions known for hostility towards one another meet in the wilderness Omen is always there, watching them with malicious interest. There are reports that he also spends his time away from the Fields of Justice tormenting the wildlife of Valoran and, according to some rumors, any of the humanoid populace that strays too far from the comfort of their towns.

Voice – Slightly deep, has a slight drag (similar to Raven from the Teen Titans cartoon). The higher the killing spree the more animalistic it becomes, drag dissapears.

Selection:
“I eagerly await our partnership, Summoner.”

Movement (with no Kill-Streak / Killing Spree):
“Oh the wondrous joys of violence.”
“Ah, how I await our next marvelous confrontation.”
“Another GLORIOUS battle waits!”
“Blood boils, all the warmer to have spill upon the ground.”
"Their revulsion is delectable!"
“Life is too short to not spend killing.”

Attack (with no Kill-Streak / Killing Spree):
“How glorious this conflict is!”
Delicious ultraviolence; yet it is still oh so little…”
“What will break first? I wager your bones!”
“The sanguine wash upon the battlefield, it is beautiful, is it not?”
"Such exhilarating bloodshed!"

Movement (with Rampage):
"Their annihilation nigh!"
"I can smell their hate."
“The anticipation is KILLING ME! Hahaha!”
"Their pain shall be wonderful!"

Attack (with Rampage):
"Their rage draws me."
"I shall annihilate their lifeforce!"
“A battle is afoot!”
"The killing comes!"

Movement (with Unstopable):
"Find them and murder them!"
“Enough delays, time for a massacre!”
"This waiting bores me..."
"I demand a battle!"

Attack (with Unstopable):
"Their rage fuels me."
"I will eradicate them!"
"Extinguish their life!"
"Annihilate them!"
"Exterminate!"
"DESTROY!"

Movement (with Dominating):
"I will find them."
"On the prowl."
"To battle."
"Find them, and skin them."

Attack (with Dominating):
"Disect them alive!"
"Let their innards breathe!"
"I will kill them!"
"I am their death!"

Movement (with Godlike):
"Pursue!"
"Give chase!"
"A bloodbath!"
"MORE DEATH!"
"The reaper comes!"

Attack (with Godlike):
"Slaughter!"
"Execute!"
"Butcher!"
"Carnage!"
"Death comes!"

Movement (with Legendary):
"HUNT!"
"SEEK!"
"FIND!"
"CHASE!"
"TRACK!"
"VIOLENCE!"

Attack (with Legendary):
"KILL!"
"BLOOD!"
"MAIM!"
"GORE!"
"SLAY!"
"VIOLENCE!"

Activating Jovial Violence:
"Show me your bloodlust! Show me your ferocity!"
“HAHAHAHAHAHA, YES! Now the fun TRULY BEGINS!”
"Bring on the crimson river; bring on the glorious spray of red!"

Taunt (With no Kill-Streak, Killing Spree, Rampage, Unstopable, and Dominating):
Omen rears up onto his hind legs and points forward with his left paw, then rubs the palms of his forepaws together “Do you wish to know why I am called ‘Omen’? Heheheheheheheh…”
Omen rears up onto his hind legs and points forward with his left paw, then rubs the palms of his forepaws together “You call THAT infliction? Allow me demonstrate a propper manner!"

Taunt (With Godlike and Legendary)"
Omen hisses and the spines on his back and tail quiver "Your blood smells delicious!"

Joke (With no Kill-Streak, Killing Spree, Rampage, Unstopable, and Dominating):
Omen opens his mouth and a purple tongue licks his lips “Can you feel the schadenfreude?”
Omen opens his mouth and a purple tongue licks his lips “Only the insane equate pain with success; and we are all mad here. Heheheh”
Omen opens his mouth and a purple tongue licks his lips "Face it: you just cannot keep a good thing down. Heheh."

Death:
“Oh, if it were so simple… Heheheh”
“Yes; glorious suffering!”

Playing As:
Attack speed will help you keep your Grin charges up high if there are few large battles around.
Needle Onslaught can be used both offensively and as an escape method, and is useful in both situations.
Jovial Violence can be extended by killing monsters in the jungle.

Playing Against:
If you are struck by one of Omen’s Piercing Spines run away as quickly as possible to avoid being pulled toward Omen and his allies.
Be wary of Omen when chasing him or if he turns around while pursuing you or your allies.

Possible Skins:
Classic Omen: See above description.
Void Omen: Color scheme switches to black and purple, eyes now light green in color. His tongue becomes blue in color.

I give Riot full permission to use this idea, unaltered or not, should they desire to; all I ask for is a by-name mention.

Morec0

09-10-2012

le bump

And considering going back to redo the majority of his voice quotes to convey his sadistic-but-intelligent personality even further. Also considering completely recreating his ultimate - I LITERALLY came up with it at 1 in the morning.

ShadowEternal

09-11-2012

I think this is absolutely amazing. I can only hope that the designers, or even one of them that had worked on and was in favor of Omen being passed through will see this. He's a champion I quite liked the look and thought of and I think you did a great job coming up with a possible kit for him like this.

Morec0

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowEternal View Post
I think this is absolutely amazing. I can only hope that the designers, or even one of them that had worked on and was in favor of Omen being passed through will see this. He's a champion I quite liked the look and thought of and I think you did a great job coming up with a possible kit for him like this.
Thank you kindly. Sadly, even if they do see it, I don't know how much of a possibility there is for him to be passed through at this point. He's an old design, and even with presumably fresh spin I've put on him I don't know if anyone at Riot would be willing to ressurect him.

I've also added a link to potentially help people understand that this is indeed the Omen that was shelved some time ago.

Rismart

09-11-2012

There is always hope for omen to make an appearance (and not in a coffin) I give you a bumb.

Side note: the ult needs more work, even though its good on teamfights it wont give you any advantage on 1 vs 1 so you can lower its passive boost and give him an active so its not useless early game.

Morec0

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rismart View Post
There is always hope for omen to make an appearance (and not in a coffin) I give you a bumb.

Side note: the ult needs more work, even though its good on teamfights it wont give you any advantage on 1 vs 1 so you can lower its passive boost and give him an active so its not useless early game.
There's always hope, the fact that he already isn't in one is testament to that... Although we do have a potential skeleton of him in the Jurassic Kog'maw skin - but that's what cloning is for.

I've done just that. Although it's still mostly useful in battles against large number of enemies, it now has a little more effect should it come to a 1v1. Also considering altering some of his basic abilities to make them a little more useful in smaller combat situation.

Octopicake

09-14-2012

I like the idea of having a polite almost gentlemanly type of Champion with a subtle bloodlust that isn't an outburst. Like politely saying "Another day, another champion to kill." with an almost "bored" tone to his voice.

Also bump! I hope this thread sparks Riot's interest in Omen!

Morec0

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopicake View Post
I like the idea of having a polite almost gentlemanly type of Champion with a subtle bloodlust that isn't an outburst. Like politely saying "Another day, another champion to kill." with an almost "bored" tone to his voice.

Also bump! I hope this thread sparks Riot's interest in Omen!
Well, I wanted Omen to find a thrill in violence to the point that it's JUST below being arroused by it (this is a T-rated game, after all). The quotes and his voice are a little difficult to imagine because of this tight nich, and I'm definately going to be giving it some heavy rethinking untill I can think of a way to make it perfect.

Octopicake

09-15-2012

Might I ask if I may use your Champion Creation format to work on some ideas of my own?

Morec0

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopicake View Post
Might I ask if I may use your Champion Creation format to work on some ideas of my own?
I don't mind at all.