Verdict is in about the new Pre-season Patch!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DWlGHT K SCHRUTE

12-04-2012

It's aweful.

I jungled as WW and used the new hunter's machete. It went smoothly but for my enemy Lee jungling it went badly for him. What happened to making more players be able to do jungle, looks like you did the opposite. Of course making the main monster be harder to kill would make it harder overall not easier. Some champs need a hard leash just to be able to jungle.. My leash went horribly as the main mob started attacking me instantly! Glad I was WW!! Lee almost died @ Red and it's Lee!

As far as the Shop UI, and general motif, it's UGLY. I do like the layout though.

The items suck now. Where did Madred's bloodrazor go? That's a WW staple item. What happened to being able to build like I'm used to but giving us more options?! Did I miss it??? Cause I couldn't find it.

I got fed early on through good game play but end game I had a horrible build with the recommended items. I did hardly no damage and stacking wit's end + malady didn't seem to do anything despite it's being recommended as part of the items list.

+1 Riot for trying to make the game better but...

-9001 for making all of the changes at once. This is just bad and I hope season 3 is a LONG way off.

hellrazor8421

12-04-2012

Lee has a tougher time in the new jungle, but still does fine. Maybe the enemy lee wasn't very good and didn't know what he was doing.

The UI is fine, it will just take time for you to get used to. But once you do, you won't mind it.

As for items, there are a lot of new items that can really help warwick. Just try out new builds with him and find what works the best. The recommended items by riot have always been subpar.

Voidgolem

12-04-2012

I expect most junglers to fail this first week as people will still think it's the same old loljungle as opposed to actually difficult on the first clear (and, y'know, start cloth armor or something instead of machete.)

As to new items - Everyone who didn't have PBE access is in the same boat, people will adapt and learn (heck, newbies do it all the time. Mostly)

There's a giant pile of better-than-bloodrazor options. Bloodrazor wasn't really a 'standby' except for particularly bad players or as a sixth item.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

ITT: Someone making knee-jerk post about something that was changed. IT'S A NEW GAME, LEARN IT.

Zerok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

They said they had to do all these changes at once in the patch preview . . .
Though you can't judge a whole season with a few games, everyone needs to experiment.

Shadowy1

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
I expect most junglers to fail this first week as people will still think it's the same old loljungle as opposed to actually difficult on the first clear (and, y'know, start cloth armor or something instead of machete.)

As to new items - Everyone who didn't have PBE access is in the same boat, people will adapt and learn (heck, newbies do it all the time. Mostly)

There's a giant pile of better-than-bloodrazor options. Bloodrazor wasn't really a 'standby' except for particularly bad players or as a sixth item.
I expect people who remember the S1 jungle will revert back to that mentality until such time as they figure out how the new jungle works. Then we will be back to the same old top picks/bans for junglers. Just different ones than last season.

SBSuperman

12-04-2012

Oh look, he played one game and is now qualified to judge an entire season

SB

Bishop44

12-04-2012

am i the only one reading op as sarcasm?

Xanthalis

12-04-2012

MBR was horrible and has always been sub optimal. On WW it was, at best, a situational 6th item.

They specifically changed leashing so that it doesn't exist anymore. Sucks you had a trial by fire, but they didn't want a jungler taking down a buff monster with relatively no damage taken. All jungle mobs now attack the nearest target. Only thing you can do is adapt.

And how are you judging the entire patch on a couple of jungle examples and the fact that you don't like the store?

Fish

12-04-2012

sadly it is impossible to implement these changes over time rather than all at once. Things are balanced (supposedly) for everything and not half of the items, or just masteries.

remember pre season 2 when everyone complained about jungle? yeah get over it. It's not like they are going to revert it after all the work they did on it.