Ezreal no longer viable!??!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stralen

10-11-2010

Ez has a lot of limitations:

Q shot is blocked by minions. Also, compared to other ranged champs abilitys, its dmg is a joke. So what damage it does give you, you hope no minions are near by to get in the way of the enemy. Else, Ez only has auto attack and W.

W does not do much damage. Auto attack in 10 seconds (its cool down) in that time does ~6x more damage.

W's AS reduction ability seems empty. I'm not sure it's even relevant because many go with large AP (whole AP vs AS thing). That combined with Ez's lower health means he still dies in only a few hits, even if the attacks come a little second slower. Also this ONLY affects their auto attacks. A high percentage of damage comes from opponents abilities, which are unaffected. As Ez I rarely die to an auto attack, so I think W's ability is kind of empty.

W also has shorter range. Ez being weak means he tries to not get in middle of fight. However in the case of gank fight, he is forced to get closer in oder to try to hit one or more enemies with this short range ability, thats assuming they are in a nice tight wad of baddies to be shot with it. That just puts him on the easy target menu for larger skirmishes. If he stays out, then his ability is less useful. His shorter range also means by the time he's that close to the enemy, even E will will not help him escape any attack. That's too close and he's too slow, and to low hp. Why risk all that for a little bitty damage?

Ws cool down is longer than most engagements. Don't miss. And yeah it reduces AS by %50, but for only 5 out of 10 seconds. The other 5 seconds, they're fine. My math may be off, but thats like a %25 NET reduction (over the full 10 cool down) in AS on the opponent. This only further cripples the any iota of usefulness in slowing AS.

W's AS boost is lackluster. Its nice and all, but only 5 seconds? Man I really have to time when my guys are gonna go in, because if I fire early, it will wear off, and I'm stuck waiting on CD. And GOODLUCK getting it aimed so it hits allies and enemies at same time (range and thanks change fast).

R doesn't do much late game, unless lots of gold spent on AP and nothing else. It can kill minion waves. But otherwise used on champs or group of champs late game it does not do game altering damage unless used on very squishy opponents.

E is pretty much strictly utility, it has low damage, and minions can get in the way of its attack. Its almost never used as a offensive weapon, therefore spending gold on ap for this is wasteful imo. That and the low ratio. Most often its reserved for fleeing due to his being slow and squishy. If used in a gank its almost impossible to make sure the attack hits what you want. For all you know it will hit the tank and not the almost dead bad guy. Its not really a weapon at all.

auto attack range: Ez is hp is low relatively... And his auto attack range places him in range of heavy ranged DPS people, like Kog, MF, or Ashe, which means by the time he tried to get in they almost always nail the first and last shot on a guy thats paper thin. Its hard to get him close enough to use his auto attack, but you have to since in many cases minions are in the way of q shot. It also means your in range of slows, snares, etc, which means he dies almost instantly. I spend many situations just q shotting things outside range of all that, but I also lose doing dmg through lack of auto attack.

Movement: I think his base movement is slow. He has no chase ability, no CC, and little speed. So he's slower, AND has less range than other ranged carries. I cant say how many times I manage to get someone almost dead and they get out of my grasp with 1 bar left of health. And when they chase me long distance? Well hopefully I'm near a wall to blink over or I'm dead. In gank situations, many of my ally champs are just enough faster they can chase the enemy when they are low, and I'm like gramma lagging to far behind to help!

To sum it up, the only thing neat about Ez is his ult has infinite range, he has a 10 second teleport, and his q is good and last hitting minions, and long range. He's hard to kill and can do some damage from a bit away.

All in all I feel the only reason he gets a kill is from his burst damage and getting the last hit in there. In other words, I think Ez gets kills because of his range and someone else has already done most of the work. He rarely does a significant portion of damage in a drawn out skirmish. He can't hold his own in a battle, all things being equal. The reason he has low deaths (or none) is because he can escape easily. So I think a score of 10/0/10 is nothing, easy. 10 last hits, 0 deaths since your hard to catch, and 10 supports because you have an R in two gank battles, but in fact may not have really done that much dmg compared to what the allies actually did to the enemy.

I don't think Ez is a champ that can carry a team, he relies on them instead -to much. He's also not really support, as the W is just silly. To me he's is just a neat ranged escape artist, sniper sort of- yet, powerless, champ that gives nothing especially useful to his team other than some simple attacks and the ability to turn the tide in battle only if it was already very close to be won without him.

Carados

10-11-2010

Ezreal has the problem of being impossible to balance.

pseudoskill

10-11-2010

Ez needs another nerf!

Price nerf.. or a health scaling buff

laundrybag

10-11-2010

ez needs his q back

Cenerae

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroForeverxf View Post
Then Ez needs a buff. Hes 6300, and ashe and Trist are much better? Good Ez should be able to take down a good Ashe.
IP cost =/= power of the champ.

Corki is also considered inferior to Ashe and Trist, and is 6300. Then there's Malz and Swain...

Mrtakeiteasy

10-11-2010

I remember those days where we were like, ****, Ezreal? GG, we lose, and now this stuff happens and now Ezreal? Really? HURR DURR, lolololol!!!

Ezreal's main spotlight is his ability to kite; and yes, he is still able to carry.

The only thing that makes ezreal not as great is the fact he has became a bit more item dependent because of the nerfings to his damage ratios. It doesn't make him insta terribad tier, but he's not the godlike carry he used to be.

He lives like no tomorrow, but yea. He's still pretty good I'd say, just not FP anymore.

Omnipotent One

10-11-2010

Build him with AD speed and Add a little Ap thin there.... i usually build him like i would my Katerina.... he works best as a hybrid imo

novicez

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralen View Post
Ez has a lot of limitations:

Q shot is blocked by minions. Also, compared to other ranged champs abilitys, its dmg is a joke. So what damage it does give you, you hope no minions are near by to get in the way of the enemy. Else, Ez only has auto attack and W.

W does not do much damage. Auto attack in 10 seconds (its cool down) in that time does ~6x more damage.

W's AS reduction ability seems empty. I'm not sure it's even relevant because many go with large AP (whole AP vs AS thing). That combined with Ez's lower health means he still dies in only a few hits, even if the attacks come a little second slower. Also this ONLY affects their auto attacks. A high percentage of damage comes from opponents abilities, which are unaffected. As Ez I rarely die to an auto attack, so I think W's ability is kind of empty.

W also has shorter range. Ez being weak means he tries to not get in middle of fight. However in the case of gank fight, he is forced to get closer in oder to try to hit one or more enemies with this short range ability, thats assuming they are in a nice tight wad of baddies to be shot with it. That just puts him on the easy target menu for larger skirmishes. If he stays out, then his ability is less useful. His shorter range also means by the time he's that close to the enemy, even E will will not help him escape any attack. That's too close and he's too slow, and to low hp. Why risk all that for a little bitty damage?

Ws cool down is longer than most engagements. Don't miss. And yeah it reduces AS by %50, but for only 5 out of 10 seconds. The other 5 seconds, they're fine. My math may be off, but thats like a %25 NET reduction (over the full 10 cool down) in AS on the opponent. This only further cripples the any iota of usefulness in slowing AS.

W's AS boost is lackluster. Its nice and all, but only 5 seconds? Man I really have to time when my guys are gonna go in, because if I fire early, it will wear off, and I'm stuck waiting on CD. And GOODLUCK getting it aimed so it hits allies and enemies at same time (range and thanks change fast).

R doesn't do much late game, unless lots of gold spent on AP and nothing else. It can kill minion waves. But otherwise used on champs or group of champs late game it does not do game altering damage unless used on very squishy opponents.

E is pretty much strictly utility, it has low damage, and minions can get in the way of its attack. Its almost never used as a offensive weapon, therefore spending gold on ap for this is wasteful imo. That and the low ratio. Most often its reserved for fleeing due to his being slow and squishy. If used in a gank its almost impossible to make sure the attack hits what you want. For all you know it will hit the tank and not the almost dead bad guy. Its not really a weapon at all.

auto attack range: Ez is hp is low relatively... And his auto attack range places him in range of heavy ranged DPS people, like Kog, MF, or Ashe, which means by the time he tried to get in they almost always nail the first and last shot on a guy thats paper thin. Its hard to get him close enough to use his auto attack, but you have to since in many cases minions are in the way of q shot. It also means your in range of slows, snares, etc, which means he dies almost instantly. I spend many situations just q shotting things outside range of all that, but I also lose doing dmg through lack of auto attack.

Movement: I think his base movement is slow. He has no chase ability, no CC, and little speed. So he's slower, AND has less range than other ranged carries. I cant say how many times I manage to get someone almost dead and they get out of my grasp with 1 bar left of health. And when they chase me long distance? Well hopefully I'm near a wall to blink over or I'm dead. In gank situations, many of my ally champs are just enough faster they can chase the enemy when they are low, and I'm like gramma lagging to far behind to help!

To sum it up, the only thing neat about Ez is his ult has infinite range, he has a 10 second teleport, and his q is good and last hitting minions, and long range. He's hard to kill and can do some damage from a bit away.

All in all I feel the only reason he gets a kill is from his burst damage and getting the last hit in there. In other words, I think Ez gets kills because of his range and someone else has already done most of the work. He rarely does a significant portion of damage in a drawn out skirmish. He can't hold his own in a battle, all things being equal. The reason he has low deaths (or none) is because he can escape easily. So I think a score of 10/0/10 is nothing, easy. 10 last hits, 0 deaths since your hard to catch, and 10 supports because you have an R in two gank battles, but in fact may not have really done that much dmg compared to what the allies actually did to the enemy.

I don't think Ez is a champ that can carry a team, he relies on them instead -to much. He's also not really support, as the W is just silly. To me he's is just a neat ranged escape artist, sniper sort of- yet, powerless, champ that gives nothing especially useful to his team other than some simple attacks and the ability to turn the tide in battle only if it was already very close to be won without him.
As for problems of minions getting in the way, here are some solutions:
1.) Laning Phase:
Use Auto attack from time to time to poke enemies. From time to time, it will expose them and will enable you to land a q shot. Though I understand landing a single Q shot is really nothing to celebrate about, but landing shots on enemy champs boosts your confidence and therefore, gives you a much cooler composure enabling you to land more precise shots.

2.) Team Fight Phase/Pushing Phase:
You have team mates right? you can either have them clear the minions and/or perform baiting maneuvers that will expose the enemies for a much more clear shot.

W skill useless? Hmm, I dunno if you cast it to a fellow dps teammate like trist or xin.

R doesn't do that much damage? Depends if you are AP/AD build. AP: it will still deal a chunk of damage. AD: Since when did R skill became relevant with AD other than softening champs and getting your AD Passive boost to max?

As for reasons why ez is getting godlike stats due to last hits... ermm... have you seen an AD ez with IE, Blood thirst auto attack damage is?

Ez being not a viable carry? He still is, provided that your team can carry their own weight.

Auto Attack sucky?: I just had a match last night with a fellow ashe (2xPhantom Dancer, 1x IE,1XBanshee's Veil, 1X Blood Thirster, 1x Black Cleaver) player and he got owned by a Hybrid Ez. and take note that the ez didn't used his ult, just frequent q,w and e skill + autoattack.

Lastly, as for Ez carrying the entire team with him without support.... I don't think there is any hero in LoL that can do that.

P.S.: 10-0-10 easy???? if 10-0-10 was easy, then people won't be QQing the hell after every game when an ezreal player gets like about 3-9 or more after every game.

@Mrtakeiteasy

Fully agreed.

Edailoth

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrax View Post
The main problem Ive had with him is that you cant rely on Arcane Shot to do 'damage'. It is great for irritating people and plinking away at long range. But it just doesn't deal enough damage, even lategame with Trinity Force and 200 base damage. (which makes for a 615 raw damage physical attack). Even spamming every 2 seconds won't do the trick.
i lol'd

trinity force only multiplies your BASE damage, not damage you get from items, so its about 110 (or something like that, dont know ez's base) x 1.5, not all your attack damage combined x 1.5, that would just be ******ed

lowlight420

10-12-2010

also, landing his q reduces his cool downs by 1.. this just makes manume a better option, and your ult has a lower cool down due to this.. so you should be using it alot to help fights around the map.. ez just takes skill, he isn't just an easymode char anymore.