Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ezreal no longer viable!??!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XeroForeverxf

10-11-2010

Quote:
Cenerae:
His damage output is fine, but you just have to go stacking those AD items. Yes, compared to carries like Ashe and Trist he is inferior, but he is still viable. Just that people have finally realised how overrated he's been all this time

Then Ez needs a buff. Hes 6300, and ashe and Trist are much better? Good Ez should be able to take down a good Ashe.

Edit: Down vote, rofl, thx Ashe

Lanxe

10-11-2010

I still win with ez most of the time

try my set-up for ez, it will help you

21/0/9 build (going down to 0.33 mana reg/sec) (going for spell pen.)

9 x red armour pen runes
9 x yellow flat mana reg runes
9 x blue flat cdr rd runes
3 x quint of fortitude

item build
- brutalizer
- boots of swiftness
- trinity force
- red pots (till the end of the game)
- Infinity edge

if the game still persist
- bloodthirster
- bloodthirster

tips:
- Arcane shift dodges projectiles!!! (really? yes really =)
to be able to dodge projectiles wait till it almost hits you then you use arcane shift, lets say taric stun, arcane shift at the end and it will fizzle
- for sniping low hp opponents, learn to feel the map, know your ultimate's speed, know your opponent movement speed, know if hes going to blue pill somewhere. (I have taken baron, dragon, red, blue from my opponents with this, i have sniped so many champs even evelyns and twitches invisible)
- after trinity force your mystic shot will produce a good amount of damage

i have a lot of tips for ez but that is now dependant on the players skill so good luck.

Esper

Recruiter

10-11-2010

ToG > Boots > Manamune > Youmuu > Frozen Mallet/Infinity Edge.

That is all.

If you think about it, spamming Mystic Shots give you 4 MP and an autoattack gives you 1 MP. That's 5 MP. Or 1 AD.
Coupled with Ezreal's base MP, all you need after that is Aspd, more damage and HP.

Vasimr

10-11-2010

Quote:
XeroForeverxf:
Then Ez needs a buff. Hes 6300, and ashe and Trist are much better? Good Ez should be able to take down a good Ashe.

too bad a good ashe can 3-4 shot kill a ez.

even malz as another 6300 champion can R kill ez mid-late game(this happenned more thanonce to some AD ez while i was malz. just hit r and they are dead from full hp).

Numbat

10-11-2010

I think one of EZ's big problems (outside of the constant nerfs) is that all your opponents have to do is pick MF and then you're completely screwed.

There's is nothing EZ can do to MF. Nothing. He gets destroyed by double up harass if he hangs back and make it rain/impure shots if he doesn't.

With such a popular champion being a hard counter and having suffered a million nerfs to the groin, EZ is just not that good anymore. There are better carries.

Quote:
Valitrix:
ToG > Boots > Manamune > Youmuu > Frozen Mallet/Infinity Edge.

That is all.

If you think about it, spamming Mystic Shots give you 4 MP and an autoattack gives you 1 MP. That's 5 MP. Or 1 AD.
Coupled with Ezreal's base MP, all you need after that is Aspd, more damage and HP.

50 MP is 1 AD, silly, silly you. Manamune never amounts to much more than 60 AD and doesn't built into anything as amazing as IE/BC/BT.

novicez

10-11-2010

@lanxe
I'm very positive that arcane shift does not dodge projectiles. got myself killed from a failed turret dive, the projectile still homed in post shifting.

@numbat
I've been using manamune as one of my core builds for ez and it does work. More Damage, More Mana, Mana Regen = more Q shots. More Q Shots = More Damage. More Damage = Better Farming Ability and Hero Killing ability.

as for Ez getting owned by MF in laning phase:
Depends on how you play it. But then again 7 out of 10 times MF has the upper hand. From what I've experienced, you have to play REALLY AGGRESSIVE against MF. Meaning: Auto attack to lower her movespeed, then if she is exposed, q shot. you need to push her away from farming. Use your ult if you have to just to pressure and harass. Lastly, never stay on the same spot for too long.

Hasta

Recruiter

10-11-2010

AD Ez imo is a tiny bit UP right now simply because he only has one ability affected by AD. Now im not saying his Q is bad, its awesome because of the on~hit effects and such, but if his W were to dish out some kind of physical dmg he would be very viable. Ez is just to squishy to sit there and auto attack because any smart team will destroy him first.

DoransTroll

10-11-2010

Quote:
HotsauceShoTYME:
EZ is still good just not OP. He can still poke and do damage from a long way away and he still has free escape. You just need to be good to be good with him.

I think that is the definition of not being viable, especially if you compare him to Ashe. Ashe is a utility-dmg hybrid, not even a full on dmg.

I played him for the first time yesterday, and I don't think his damage was low. I didn't even build him well (Manamune + Blood Thirster). Granted it was on my lowby smurf, I was fighting lvl 30s, and I was on +10 win. That oughta put me up against some pretty stiff comp. (And they were indeed pretty stiff.)

His damage is pretty low right now, especially compared to his autoattack range/speed in my opinion. Ashe gets away with it because she's an amazing kiter. Ez can't really kite. He used to have too much damage and utility at the same time. I think he's still a very strong champ now--he just needs a good tank to protect him.

tldr; still fine if you have a decent team backing him up.

Ulfhednar

10-11-2010

Quote:
Numbat:
... Manamune never amounts to much more than 60 AD and doesn't built into anything as amazing as IE/BC/BT.

the advantage of manamune is you get to skip mana regen seals and glyphs and get useful ones for a teamfight. like dodge or magic resist

Radamanthys3

10-11-2010

Ez doesn't says "time for a true display of skill" for nothing, because thats what it takes to put him over the other carries