New Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

12-04-2012

So I was reading the patch notes and I am excited about some of the items to come. The frustrating part is getting rid of Heart of Gold, but I think they are trying to force supports into having to go all the way into the utility tree otherwise they are going to be gimped for gold, unless they are winning their lane hard. But anyways, I digress. I was wondering, I see that the Muramana and the Seraph's Embrace both say "special"for their cost. I tried to find the information on their cost but I wasn't able to find it. Does anyone know where I can find it? Or perhaps they know? Please enlighten me!

Paoska

12-04-2012

Max mana on manamue and archangel staff and they transform

Grollm

12-04-2012

oh so you can transform manamune or arachangel into those items? Or do they automatically transform?

RQDora

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
oh so you can transform manamune or arachangel into those items? Or do they automatically transform?
Its automatic.

Grollm

12-04-2012

Ah ok cool.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-04-2012

Actually, regarding Heart of Gold... the problem wasn't so much supports getting Heart of Gold. The problem was the item provided to great of an early game benefit in addition to the GP10, so it was basically always beneficial for the top and jungle to also be grabbing the item.

They've replaced Heart of Gold with Sightstone and Ruby Sightstone. Sightstone is 700g (versus HoG's 825), it gives 100 health (versus HoG 200 health), but allows you to keep 2 wards up at all times as long as you visit shop once every once and a while.

Then, for 600 gold you upgrade it into Ruby Sightstone and can keep 3 wards up.

Once you've completed Sightstone, you get more ward coverage then Heart of Gold was providing and have a more balanced amount of health. Ruby Sightstone is even more health, and more ward coverage.

And both items are now properly support items, although I can imagine still buying one as a top or a jungle because I value wards.

PLUS... Sightstone's allow supports to have a full build and still be able to drop wards. If you have a support, a top, and a jungle all with a Ruby Sightstone, that's a lot of ward coverage and you don't have to keep a completely empty inventory slot to get it.

Grollm

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Actually, regarding Heart of Gold... the problem wasn't so much supports getting Heart of Gold. The problem was the item provided to great of an early game benefit in addition to the GP10, so it was basically always beneficial for the top and jungle to also be grabbing the item.

They've replaced Heart of Gold with Sightstone and Ruby Sightstone. Sightstone is 700g (versus HoG's 825), it gives 100 health (versus HoG 200 health), but allows you to keep 2 wards up at all times as long as you visit shop once every once and a while.

Then, for 600 gold you upgrade it into Ruby Sightstone and can keep 3 wards up.

Once you've completed Sightstone, you get more ward coverage then Heart of Gold was providing and have a more balanced amount of health. Ruby Sightstone is even more health, and more ward coverage.

And both items are now properly support items, although I can imagine still buying one as a top or a jungle because I value wards.

PLUS... Sightstone's allow supports to have a full build and still be able to drop wards. If you have a support, a top, and a jungle all with a Ruby Sightstone, that's a lot of ward coverage and you don't have to keep a completely empty inventory slot to get it.
Pogo, I guess I never thought of it that way. If you don't have to buy wards as much because you have an item that does it for you, you aren't spending as much money. So I'm wondering then, as a tanky support would you want to still try to rush a philo stone, so you have more income? Or should you rush a sightstone instead?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-04-2012

I'm not sure on that honestly. I'm really conflicted.

If Sightstone were built out of some other items, so you can buy part of the expense at the beginning of the game, then I'd say definitely the Sightstone. The problem is that it's a flat 700g so you can't buy any part of it from the beginning.

I mean, if you're going to build a Sightstone first, what items would you start with? Boots and two wards (if you have 2/2 in Wealth mastery, one ward if you don't). Do you still start with Faerie Charm and an assortment of wards and potions, but then just build Sightstone before completing Philosopher's Stone?

Ultimately, I think in terms of gold efficiency, Sightstone is better than all the other GP10 items for first build. It just runs into the problem that you can't start with that and you can't build a piece of it.