The Black Cleaver vs Last Whisper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seonuk

12-04-2012

The Black CleaverCost: 3000 (1188)
+250 Health
+50 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+15 Armor Penetration

Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion reduces their Armor by 7.5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 4 times.

7.5X4= 30%+15 flat penetration

Last WhisperCost: 2135 (860)
+40 Attack Damage

UNIQUE Passive: You ignore 35% of your opponent's armor.

(Armor Penetration allows you to deal more physical damage to high Armored targets. % Armor Penetration is applied before Flat Armor Penetration when calculating damage.)

7.5X4= 30%+15 flat penetration lets say someone have 150 armor and both cleaver and last whisper leave them 90 armor

last whisper does not require and stacks and cleaver does however cleaver now gives summoners health and 10 more extra damage also cooltime reduction but in a fight that much health and cooltime reduction would not do much as it looks therefore i still recommend to get last whisper since it is easy to get 150 armor

sory for wrong informations this is wrong one i fixed and posted new one

ShadowlQQ

12-04-2012

double lol

Grollm

12-04-2012

I think it depends on the champ you're playing. I personally like building Black Cleaver on Vayne and Kog because of their super fast attack speed build and the ability to hit an enemy in rapid succession. On adcs like Graves or Ashe I would build Last Whisper.

Soraka Goes Mid

12-04-2012

The new Black Cleaver is designed mostly for AD Casters like Pantheon and bruisers who are going to be in melee range, which is why it builds from Brutalizer. It's not as efficient as Last Whisper for armor pen, and that's on purpose, because it serves a different purpose.

Fight Money

12-04-2012

Build black cleaver last whisper brutilizer youmuus, screw malphite

futuresight23

12-04-2012

Last Whisper is 900 gold cheaper. The Black Cleaver could theoretically be of use though to an ADC that makes good use of cooldown reduction or has a shorter than normal range.

On the whole, The Black Cleaver looks tailor made for Pantheon or Xin Zhao more than an ADC.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-04-2012

The new Cleaver is mainly for AD casters. It procs on ANY physical damage - meaning Pantheon's E would stack it really quickly.

CikiCikiBooM

12-13-2012

so can we build black cleaver with last whisper together?

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-13-2012

Yes. It gives you something like 45% reduction with the multiplicative stacking, plus however much flat penetration. Basically, 4 BC + LW = instant 400 armor reduced to 200, then penetration making it 140. Kind of dumb.

Turbo Sawka

12-13-2012

it doesnt really matter cuz u buy both anyways