when lol pro's say raped in front of a woman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akkku

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesNeverQuit View Post
Its gamer talk. Gamers say they R**** them... All gamers do. For them to say it in a different way would be them changing who we are as gamers. Im glad he said it the way he did.
Your inner gamer chi solely relies on you saying rape. Kay.

One Day Remains

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Revolvers View Post
Most of these 'professional' gamers are hardly professional in my opinion anyways. Half of them can't even be bothered to get a haircut so I suppose expecting them to know some decent behavior and etiquette is probably asking too much.
This just in: Nice hair required to be a professional in something.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
This is why I love bein' a fat guy.
I will never be raped.
ahahaha. nice one.

CapnChoGath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Not taking a stance on this either way, but I have one problem with the OP
"look at her reaction after he says it."
Her reaction is nonexistent?
Like, she didn't even blink...
That doesn't help your argument at all. The way you phrased it I expected her to gasp or put her hands to her mouth or something. But she didn't make any reaction, so I actually missed it the first time and had to rewind o.o

William12726

12-04-2012

Men can be raped too

fromancer

12-04-2012

rape is a accurate term in referance to number 4,5 how is "raping a lane not an accurate term"
just because it can be attributed to a sexual act of aggression does not mean the word is being
used inaccurately. that being said, it does not excuse using it in that manner to refer to rape as
a sexual act. <- dick move.

rape1 [reyp] Show IPA noun, verb, raped, rap·ing.
noun
the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
statutory rape.
an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.

G0SU Nidalee

Recruiter

12-04-2012

i don't see how this word is hurt against females at all, men can be raped also? the word just shows immaturity in my opinion

Zeriphor

12-04-2012

I have nothing to say about whether using the word raped in that way is acceptable or rude.

What I do have to say, however, is that you saying only women are offended by it - even more, ALL women are offended by it, is offensive.

Akkku

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromancer View Post
rape is a accurate term in referance to number 4,5 how is "raping a lane not an accurate term"
just because it can be attributed to a sexual act of aggression does not mean the word is being
used inaccurately. that being said, it does not excuse using it in that manner to refer to rape as
a sexual act. <- dick move.

rape1 [reyp] Show IPA noun, verb, raped, rap·ing.
noun
the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
statutory rape.
an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.
Regardless of it not being used out of context, the negative connotation of the word is extreme and very universal. I have never met anyone who understood the word rape as anything else besides a violent sexual crime.

A little bit like ***** (not as extreme). It's a female dog, but the common/popular use and negative connotation to it makes it mean something entirely different.

Ergheis

12-04-2012

I don't understand why people are arguing what's wrong here? It sounds bad and it's stupid, and not very professional. How hard is that?