when lol pro's say raped in front of a woman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarlet Wrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI0gk2KJeho

That is all.

Crosbie

12-04-2012

It really doesn't bother me, because I'm not easily offended. However, I do feel if we want e-Sports to become that great event I'm sure we're all hoping it will become, then our pros need to start acting like pros. Remember what pro is short for? Professional. Professionalism extends further than handing out ass-kickings at tournaments.

Let's put it into context. Imagine if John Terry was talking to an interviewer on Match of the Day

Trevor: "So John, how do you feel the game went?"

JT: "Well Trevor, frankly, we raped them!"

International crisis on our hands, again.

Akkku

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Day Remains View Post
I'm not for the concept of turning people into soulless, emotionless bags of flesh just because some people are easily offended.

Streams haven't been half as entertaining since Season 1 Hotshot or CLG Saint.
Since when has a better choice of words make people become soulless and emotionless? And by that interview, he already seemed emotionless when talking lol. Demolished/devoured/destroyed/etcetc words could have been used in place of "raped" and still gotten his point across without any of the negative connotation coming along with the word he used. Just sayin' it would help out the eSports scene a lil' bit more, especially since Riot is trying to please a lot of people. But as I said before, they can say whatever the FFFFFF they want 'cause they can regardless of how I agree with it lol. But your statement of saying they'll be emotionless and soulless is a little extreme :P

Autorevolver

12-04-2012

ITT people that think only women are raped.
ITT people that think there is ever an instance where using that word out of context is OK.

One enemy

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Wrath View Post
"...steven spiel****a. bandz a make her dance"

PS if you watch that video DONT google the company name on her shirt.

Akkku

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by One enemy View Post
"...steven spiel****a. bandz a make her dance"

PS if you watch that video DONT google the company name on her shirt.
Reverse psychology ftw?

FirinUpMuhLazer

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Revolvers View Post
ITT people that think only women are raped.
ITT people that think there is ever an instance where using that word out of context is OK.

How can one say rape out of context? What context is it being said out of? I didn't see any pillaging and general ransacking of a town? How dare he say a word out of context. Anyone who says rape when not specifically referring to the decimation of shoreline population habitation is bad and should feel bad. Any such person clearly only watches fox news

Xemeron

12-04-2012

At all the white Knights out there:

You noticed that the woman, who you guys say would be so insulted by this word, didnt even react when he said it, notr even moved her eyebrow...

MissButtahNips

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Canadian Kid View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...27TYSYo#t=124s

look at her reaction after he says it.

he was just explaining the situation, but still. nothing against nRated.

just wish pros wouldnt say it in interviews.

doublelift, saintvicious, etc.

after writing this my mangina is evident.

''we won against ______''
''we defeated ______''

an actual well-spoken sentence. it would increase the professionalism of e-sports.

edit: this thread was a mistake-- ill let it die, but you are wrong if you think its acceptable to say raped in front of a woman, unless legalities are involved.
Only women get raped? I've been raped by a woman before. It wasn't fun. It was really terrible.

HeroesNeverQuit

12-04-2012

Its gamer talk. Gamers say they R**** them... All gamers do. For them to say it in a different way would be them changing who we are as gamers. Im glad he said it the way he did.