Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

when lol pro's say raped in front of a woman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanderey

12-12-2012

rape doesn't just have to do with sexual acts. It can also mean...

"an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation. eg. the rape of the countryside."

Regardless, isn't it more sexist to infer that only women can be raped?

Personally, I say things like "wow, we just got raped," while I'm gaming, and I am a woman. Sexual connotations never even occur to me in those situations, sort of like when I say, "that sucks," or "we're screwed."

What is with all the "feminist" posts lately? If anything they're anti-feminist and just make women look like ignorant shrieking harpies. :S I swear, not all of us obsess over anything we can!

edit: I agree that professional language should be used in professional situations. I just don't think this is some womens' rights issue.

Eleven13

12-12-2012

It's funny how many people agree that's it's fine to just say stuff like that in interviews and stuff regardless of who is around.

If NFL players in an after-game interview were like "yeah we f**** raped them what a bunch of *****" they'd look like unprofessional children.

I understand it's pro LoL and not a pro sport but you can still have some common courtesy and respect, which are things this world is rapidly losing.

Luhz

12-12-2012

i just think any professional in any field shouldn't use the word rape to describe something

not because it's offensive, just because there are better ways to describe a situation

Sebamk

12-12-2012

I think it is very professional, like this image

mogonk

12-12-2012

ITT children show off how little time they've spent in real life as opposed to on the internet.

You do not say "raped" when you beat someone in a game. That is trashy as ****. None of my friends or coworkers would be caught dead talking to someone who expressed themselves that way.

It's like going around saying "***", it makes you look incredibly stupid and clueless.

Mandroo

12-12-2012

So it's only sexist towards women? Are you implying women cannot engage rape upon a man? Or a man on another man? Or a horse on a ghost?

Eleven13

12-12-2012

Quote:
mogonk:
ITT children show off how little time they've spent in real life as opposed to on the internet.

You do not say "raped" when you beat someone in a game. That is trashy as ****. None of my friends or coworkers would be caught dead talking to someone who expressed themselves that way.

It's like going around saying "***", it makes you look incredibly stupid and clueless.

Yeah, they think it's uncool to be respectful people and instead prefer to be hip "rebels" and say whatever they want because the rest of the people on earth can suck it if they don't like it.

TheAngryMunchkin

12-12-2012

men get raped too, its not pointed at you so ignore it.

chumbler

12-12-2012

Quote:
Eleven13:
Yeah, they think it's uncool to be respectful people and instead prefer to be hip "rebels" and say whatever they want because the rest of the people on earth can suck it if they don't like it.

If they had social skills they wouldn't be on the internet, or at the very least not on these forums. People like them make the rest of the video game playing populace look bad.

Also professional gaming will never stop being a joke until the primary faces of it start acting like adults. So basically professional gaming will never stop being a joke.

vvvv Somehow every other game manages to avoid its players saying **** like that, at least publicly. Also I'm pretty sure nobody ever said men can't be raped.

Tucking Sits

12-12-2012

Quote:
The Canadian Kid:
i just wish pro's acted more professional.

Because men can't be raped....

It's a game, calm the **** down.