Is jungling without smite trolling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hoisengerd

12-09-2012

jungling without smite in the new jungle is a total troll, gonna take him ages to kill buff camps thus setting back his leveling

Carl Sheburne

12-09-2012

Certain champions don't need smite at all but if you don't take it you'll be considered a baddie because it is required to secure buffs. If you don't take smite and get baron buff stolen then gg.

CounterSnipe

12-09-2012

Yes.

TheDjinni

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephringael View Post
Incorrect. Nunu.
Nunu can jungle without smite but he shouldn't because his initial clear is slow as balls even with it. And using Smite and Consume to steal enemy buff camps is a lot safer time-wise than just Consuming them. Less likely to get caught out and die if mid, top, or bot are fast on the uptake. His Iceball spam sort of makes Exhaust redundant and with mid and top packing ignites there's not much reason to take that either.

CounterSnipe

12-10-2012

No. Nobody can jungle without smite. Period, thread closed. You cannot secure buffs without smite, you cannot secure dragon without smite, taking baron without smite is just crazy talk, you need smite to steal enemy buffs.

There's just too much smite has to offer to junglers for them not to take it. Saying no to smite as a jungler is like if the shop offered your ADC infinity edge for 1 gold coin and he said no.

Kroda13

12-10-2012

instead of reporting peopel for being unskilled why don't you instead offer them advice on how to play better. Reporting for being unskilled is just retarded imo.

alaskaneagle

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephringael View Post
Incorrect. Nunu.

Nunu may choose to still take smite. Hitting their blue wraith can set back their jungler. You can also ward and smite steal their red if you are fast enough. However, since his Q IS a smite, another ignite, a ghost, a teleport... or back when it was still enabled PROMOTE would be more useful if not heavily counter jungling..

Mid - late game, nothing beats promoting bottom lane, then all pushing top. They either deal with the minion, or lose a turret. If they do deal with the minion you win teamfights. Promote with a guy pushing bot lane can give you a safe baron too. I miss that spell D=

I did have nunu in mind also when I posted this, I just didn't really feel the urge to try and list every champ that can no smite jungle.

still what I said is 100% true. just because they can, doesn't mean they should because it lowers their clear times. Clear times in itself is enough of a reason, and securing objectives by itself is also enough of a reason.

Between the two I'd consider no smite jungling assisting the enemy team, and trolling.

Kroda13

12-10-2012

I like how my post gets a down vote even though its the truth

TwistWrist

12-10-2012

Probably because reporting for unskilled is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Because unskilled isn't a punishable report. You can report and at most, Riot might use the data to tweak matchmaking.
Besides, there isn't really anything to say. If you are already in game without smite, you've already screwed up.