What I think I hate more than anything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scondoro

10-10-2010

My older brother is the person who originally introduced me to this game which I find to be the best MMO I've ever played. We have very conflicting schedules, though, so we very seldom play together unfortunately. Whenever I am not playing with him I am, in essence, practicing so that when we do play I don't suck compared to him. We always play TT because that's our favorite, and although kassadins my favorite champ, I usually avoid him because he's too squishy and too much of a snowball. Lately though, I've been practicing up on TT with kassadin. I've been solo queueing, arranged queuing, doing everything to prep myself so that I can play kassadin and not be eaten alive. Finally, today we are both online and the chance arises. We get in-game, and a morgana completely outdoes and roflstomps me and my ally garages 2v1 down bottom, while my brother holds up against ez and garen topside as morde. Finally I get my ulty and start rifting around the map, being a little more useful, but still, my brother essentially 3v1 them in team fights, and I have to either hang back fearing utter nukage, or just dive in after him and die. We win the game by a good margin, and my k/d was only like 1/3/7, but still, those 3 deaths were the stupidest early-game deaths, and my kill was a lucky last-hit.
What can I do to fix this? No, I can't l2p anymore than I already do because I can't magically whisk myself into my brothers matchmaking elo to practice. I'm stuck playing against my level, which frankly isn't all to good compared to what I get thrown up against with my bro. I can always just stick with ryze or someone, but I think it's not the most fun going r-w-e-q and auto-winning.

TL;DR: I hate embarrassing myself when I play with my brother and do terribly because he's at a higher matchmaking level than I am.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scondoro View Post
My older brother is the person who originally introduced me to this game which I find to be the best MMO I've ever played.
LoL isn't an MMO... LoL is a MOBA.

As much as I hate the term MOBA, it has been accepted as the official designation for these types of games.

Anyway my advice to you is; pick a champ, stick with it, get a full runepage dedicated to it and just keep at it until you absolutely master it.

Failing that, copy your brother 100% and then adapt his "success" to your own style.

Scondoro

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
LoL isn't an MMO... LoL is a MOBA.

As much as I hate the term MOBA, it has been accepted as the official designation for these types of games.

Anyway my advice to you is; pick a champ, stick with it, get a full runepage dedicated to it and just keep at it until you absolutely master it.

Failing that, copy your brother 100% and then adapt his "success" to your own style.
I already have a kassadin/caster runepage, and a crit/dps runepage. I know the ins and outs of not only kassadin but a number of different champions. It's not a matter of me being too noob at this game in general, it's just that I almost lose my ability to conduct myself normally when I play with him. You could almost call it Testers' Anxiety.

SmokingJoeNL

10-10-2010

Your brother is human just like you. Don't put him on a pedestal and it shouldn't get you nervous so much anymore.

Elan Tedronai

10-10-2010

I'll play with you Scon. Either on my main, or on one of my many smurfs (the ones I use to upvote myself and downvote Ssraeshza). I'm usually on around 3 to 9 EST. I'm nothing great, last I checked I was 1300 or so on Elan.

Edit: *looks at the votes for this post* Ssraeshza, you're so easy to bait.

Jenova Project

10-10-2010

The oldest advice in the book... Keep practicing, keep improving, stick with it etc If you know the players in your elo bracket are trash you should be able to beat them fairly easily with time and practice. Also, ask players that you know are better than you for advice. You'd be surprised how dramatically changing just one or two minor and simple things can improve your game.