Source of homosexuality

Homosexuality is a choice, but people want to avoid the responsibility of it, so they deny it. 9 34.62%
It is genetic, it is something that happens upon conception or birth, not choice 13 50.00%
It is neither genetic nor choice, it is His will. 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think homosexuality is genetic or a choice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliath View Post
These are such good points. I love equating homosexuals with alcoholics and pedophiles. It is a good comparison. I think black people didn't choose to stay in the sun to get so dark, but they definitely chose to eat fried chicken. There may be a genetic link, but it is a slippery slope. Regardless, society shouldn't accept their chicken eating based on any of those terms.
Both your sarcasm and your reading comprehension skills are very poor.

Elan Tedronai

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiksBrotha View Post
But I never used that in defense for any wrong actions that negatively impact others' life. That's an assumption you made. I just said that being Gay shouldn't affect how you are treated within society. You should be treated fairly and equally. No special privileges or what not.
I didn't intend that as an argument for or against your comments, just as an additional point.

I'm not saying the genetics argument is a slippery slope. A slippery slope is where small expansions are made in scope until an undesired result occurs. Ban Islamic extremists. Oh, well we might as well ban Islam. Well, while we're at it why don't we throw Catholicism in there as well? Screw it, let's ban religion.

The genetics argument for homosexuality is not on a slippery slope because the argument already applies without any expansion of scope to socially reprehensible actions like alcoholism and pedophilia. The argument is "It's his genetic makeup, therefor acceptable." No expansion of scope is needed to use that defense on other more concretely socially unacceptable traits.

Aliath

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
Both your sarcasm and your reading comprehension skills are very poor.
I think you mean very good, Mr. Waffle. Will you reply to this one too?