[New Jungle] Stop confusing your players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Napp Sleepp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

So I'm not sure why we're still seeing that there will be more gold and experience in the early jungle "advertised" when this just isn't the case. Please fix the literature on your season 3 preview page!!!

Here's how the new jungle will work:

-There will be more ambient gold rewarded
-Lane and jungle creeps will give less gold than they do now
-At 11 min the jungle creeps will have gained enough gold that you will start earning more gold than season 2, but 11 min is the end of the early game, and jungler's really should be ganking if they want to get ahead and snowball, just like season 2
-Experience rewards from jungle creeps at early levels appears unchanged

Don't take my word for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNTcR7b_tB0
stonewall008 clearing the new jungle for comparison

There's also a thread with stonewall and red posters talking about the new jungle, and they confirm it as well. If anyone has a link please post, I couldn't find it.

My main concern is that players will read these things and take them at face value, that they can just sit in the jungle and farm and do just as well as if they were ganking. This just isn't the case, and will be frustrating to the entire player base.

Napp Sleepp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

oops, i had a couple tabs open looking for the earlier post i mentioned and I posted this in the wrong section, if someone would mind moving it to a more appropriate sub-form I would appreciate it

Warrrrax

12-04-2012

This is more on-topic than most stuff here so mine as well keep it. Its a good warning to those unfamiliar with the S3 stuff.