I have one problem with jungling...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sneak Thief

12-03-2012

I will have to jungle for 2 ranked teams very soon because I am the best one on those teams.

Apparently I have the issue of timing and strategic desicions, I am trying to figure out whats wrong with my timing because apparently everyone I get stuck with doesn't know how to set up a gank or engage and claims I don't have any timing.

I don't have problems with building or farming or anything its just those smart desicions I have trouble with.

I really need help.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

The closer the enemy is to his own turret, the worse your chances of a successful gank. The farther he is from his own turret, the better the situation is for a gank.

Dry Ace

12-03-2012

If the river is warded, have the lane push enough so you can get in behind, then let the enemy push it back...its difficult to keep wards in the river and the bushes on the sides of the lanes

nwsm

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
The closer the enemy is to his own turret, the worse your chances of a successful gank. The farther he is from his own turret, the better the situation is for a gank.
If he's playing ranked jungle I would hope he knows this much.

Try to get good at counterjungling. Very very effective.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIndee View Post
If he's playing ranked jungle I would hope he knows this much.
I would hope so too, but I literally have no clue what else he could mean by:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyJoker View Post
Apparently I have the issue of timing and strategic desicions, I am trying to figure out whats wrong with my timing because apparently everyone I get stuck with doesn't know how to set up a gank or engage and claims I don't have any timing.

Etherimp

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyJoker View Post
I will have to jungle for 2 ranked teams very soon because I am the best one on those teams.

I don't have problems with building or farming or anything its just those smart desicions I have trouble with.

I really need help.

Okay... A couple of tips.

-If you feel confident in your ability to escape or engage the enemy jungler without dying, take a trip through the enemy red jungle.. Cut behind Baron/Dragon and come from Tribush. Often Tribush is warded, but many people are lazy and only buy 1 ward, so they ward River/Gank bush instead. This can increase your chances of an effective gank, but it's also dangerous. If the bush is warded it can cause the enemy team to collapse on you.

-If you use champions like J4, Jax, Lee Sin, etc.. You can go into the Dragon/Baron liar and jump over the wall to get to Tribush.. This is assuming Dragon/baron is not warded.

-To gank an enemy "through the lane", you need the enemy minions to be past the middle of the lane .. pushed toward enemy tower. To move into the next bush, they need to be beyond the far end of the 2nd bush. This way you can sneak into lane, assuming those bushes are not warded.

-Be careful of being detected by enemy minion LOS, or by drawing too much aggro from minions at early levels.. They can really make the difference between a successful gank or not. They also tend to screw up your pathing. You can see where the enemy minions are on the map by watching your minions on the opposite side of the map, as they all move at the same speed and get released from the nexus as the same time. A good example is if you wanted to counter-jungle the enemy Golems, the enemy minions passing by the path in front of golems could potentially detect you. Same if you come from behind at Tri-bush and the enemy lane is pushed up. Watch your minions on the opposite side of the map and once they have passed that entry-way, you know you're clear to go.

-Pay close attention to your team mates mana-pool, and check the portraits on the top left side of the screen for a green light. If that green light is on, your teammate has his/her ultimate ready. Your teammates having their ultimate and mana to use it could make the difference between a kill or a waste of time. Health pool is important also, obviously.. but use your best judgement here.

-Time your buffs and keep all entry's and exits to your jungle warded. This is possible with as little as 4 wards. 2 outside of mid side bushes, 1 near Dragon, and 1 near Baron. These locations should be warded 99% of the time after your first recall. This is to prevent from enemy ganks and enemy invasion of your jungle. It ensures that when an enemy attempts to enter your jungle, you can ping for your team to respond to the threat and potentially pick up a kill.

-As soon as possible, get wards on enemy Blue AND/OR Red, depending on the champion and your champion. If you're a good CJing champ and your teammates are responsive to your needs, then you should have no problem denying slower/weaker junglers from ever getting their buffs after their first clear.

-Remember that the Jungle is a lane, and it's the only lane which CAN be DENIED.. You can deny your enemy jungler Gold/Experience/Buffs, and if they cannot pull off successful ganks this will set them behind considerably. Just remember that once you have a lead you either need to commit more and more resources to maintaining control of their jungle, or you need to lay off and let them sulk in their jungle while you dominate their lanes with your ganks. Attempting to do both sets a very frenetic pace for both you and your teammates and only good players/teams using quality champions can pull it off. The kind of resources I'm talking about are Wards, Oracles, and HELP from your teammates. Without help from Top/Mid or Mid/Bot, you cannot effectively continue to counter-jungle and protect yourself from invasion. After you pick off a lot of the enemies camps they WILL start warding a lot more and they will start asking for backup from their teammates, so you WILL need assistance to keep it up.

-Learn a variety of jungle routes and know your enemy.. A good example, is if I am playing Trundle, I like to play very aggressively and counter-jungle from very early. I will start Blue, save smite with help from my team, and then I will immediately go to enemy red and grab enemy red, and then gank bot/top from Tribush depending on what side I am on.. This is great if it works, but it can be countered. What happens if I am up against Lee Sin, Shyvana, Riven, Mundo, or Rengar? Well, then I'll invade enemy blue and start at enemy blue just as though I would start at my blue.. Then I'll go to my Red, pick up red, gank immediately, then go to my blue and give it to my mid lane. Knowing your own champion and the enemy champion is very important here.

-Know your enemy. Know that Lee Sin/Shaco/Shyvana/Mundo starting on Purple side will likely gank top lane at Level 2...If not top, often mid lane from top side of the map. This knowledge will allow you to set up counter-ganks. If you get to the bush before they do, you and your teammate have the jump on them. This can turn a 0/1 exchange into a 2/0 in your favor. Know that Cho'gath can constantly harass mid-lane from either side of the lane by simply stepping out of the bush and landing a quick Q on them.. Place early wards in these locations and set up a counter gank for easy kills. Know that you will NEVER catch the enemy Shaco without an oracles and a lot of gap closers, and even then, sometimes help from your teammates is required.

Hope this helps.. I have more, I'm sure.