3 Years Played, 4000+ Games, 2000+ Elo, And Perma Banned [LONG POST]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

I do not believe anyone should be banned for criticizing someone else's skill level.

Henry Plainview

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LgN Demunlul View Post
Is swearing and gameplay related taunts and comments really somthing we as a community feel is banable?
He should have realized he was doing something wrong after the first few bans, regardless of what your opinion of what should be.

Demunlul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosssJamz View Post
Hey let me tell you what's up. This isn't the first time riot has wrongfully given a perma ban, i'm a victim of this as well. We all know that riot does not personally check the accounts before actually perma banning them, even though they claim they do, they dont. So anyways, what i'm trying to tell you is that, riot will not make your friend's case a special one just because a former pro and high elo player is making a thread about it. While I understand and agree fully to you argument, I know how the tribunal works very well after participating in it and being punished by it, but I'm afraid that you friend's ban will not be lifted and that riot will never change this system.
That's fine, I'm not looking to get his ban lifted, I'm looking to have the Tribunal reviewed and adjusted to where it actually performs as well as it should.

KineticSkink

12-03-2012

Deserved banned.

Your friend should read http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...23968#31123968 now

BosssJamz

12-03-2012

Quote:
So your definition of a toxic player is someone reacting to them being flamed by the opposing team and then becoming slightly frustrated that his team is doing bad, should be perma banned? I guess you're not allowed to show any emotions anymore.

Is swearing and gameplay related taunts and comments really somthing we as a community feel is banable?

Yes, and it has been. In order to not be in tribunal, you must not show any negative emotions in game regardless of any situation you're in. This system has been like this since season 1 and I see no surprises here.

GoldenTakeshi

12-03-2012

I'm noticing a move towards care-bearing the sh*t out of LOL now. I've seen reports/bans (and been reported/banned) for things that are mind numbingly pathetic that not only would people report for it, but others would actively click "punish" too.

I've also seen people who have done ridiculous things such as make threats IRL, constantly troll/harass for extremely long periods of time (weeks/months/year+) and yet these players stayed in game.

The new movement made by certain Riot members since season 2's pre-finals ban fest is most likely a trend that will continue where even the slightest of butt-hurtness is met with a report/punish until we all end up playing sarcastilol with tin foil hats, balloons, and hugs.

Carebear power activate.

tist

12-03-2012

There's so many brain dead players who swear, harass, and just ruin games. Sadly, most of them will not be permanently punished.

KineticSkink

12-03-2012

Quote:
That's fine, I'm not looking to get his ban lifted, I'm looking to have the Tribunal reviewed and adjusted to where it actually performs as well as it should.
All permabans are reviewed by Riot, so in this instance Riot agreed reviewed and approved.

Your friend is a jerk. He should find a new game to play.

Freak3r

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosssJamz View Post
Yes, and it has been. In order to not be in tribunal, you must not show any negative emotions in game regardless of any situation you're in. This system has been like this since season 1 and I see no surprises here.
According to your opinion, I could find a way to report every player in every game during my experiences playing League. Thats a lot of toxic players.

Belisarius

12-03-2012

Games 1 and 2 deserved a report, and a warning, certainly not a ban.
Games 3 is nothing.
Game 4 he goes off a bit again. Saying people have Autism isn't cool and is pretty juvenile.
Game 5 is fine, a bit rough, but pretty standard stuff.

However, if your friend has been doing this for a long time, and since he has been Permaband he has been, he should likely have toned it down a bit from his previous warnings. Most of his behaviour is pretty standard for LoL overall and you have to admit that if you are commenting on other players play there is a good and bad way to do it. Your friend took more of the bad road than the good. You have to see that.

Do I think he deserves a permaban from these specific reported cases? No
Might I think so if I saw more of his games? Likely yes if I saw his whole playing career as a whole to be honest.