3 Years Played, 4000+ Games, 2000+ Elo, And Perma Banned [LONG POST]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lavenders2

12-03-2012

I have no idea why the heck people are defending this. His first game is well and truly warning worthy, if not instant ban worthy. The combination of the other 4 games definitely warrants some kind of ban.

Come on people, personal attacks against anyone in ANY scenario is unacceptable. You say that if you can't stand silly meaningless attacks like this you shouldn't be playing this game. Are you serious? That is like me saying "if you can't stand me punching you then you should just commit suicide so you don't have to feel the pain." How can you justify a personal attack? Just because it isn't a physical attack doesn't mean it isn't going to hurt.

Myth51 has bans also dating back to the 18th of January
PROOF: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=myth51
Which means that after 11 months he still hasn't changed his behavior. In addition to that above ban (along with a warning as well I would imagine) he gets banned AGAIN a few months later
And finally it leads to this permaban. So he has been warned, banned twice, and after 11 months of banning he didn't change. So yes I think he definitely deserves a permaban.

Tribunal is working as intended.

Wyndhe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Cases 2-5 were alright. Case 1: I guess "competitive jests" involve cursing out your team mates and insulting them alongside the enemy team. If you want to make a statement like "don't interpret my competitive jests as personal attacks", you should probably behave in a civil manner.

Also, I like how you isolated select facts and made this thread about "It's not banworthy to say someone is bad!" and deflected how toxic Myth really was in Case 1.

CNM PETER

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull2 View Post
So I guess Doublelift should be permabanned from the competitive scene from saying that the others are trash.
if u are a pro, dont worry, u'll be ok. but if u are only a normal hardcore player, when u play in this game, you cant say anything about skills level or some other words related that, thats what LYTE this guy wanted, he wants a PURE CLEAN COMMUNITY IN RANKED GAMES, U CANT BLAME ANYONE, EVEN TOLD THEM THE TRUTH.if you say someone played bad, well, u get banned. even say noob 1 time, it also can be a evidence for ban. its ridiculous. even someone played really sux, u still cant say any thing to them and you will enjoy ur lose in next several games, cuz if u have bad luck, u would met this kind of players in a losing streak, and u cant talk to them, cant say" stop feed", the only thing u can do is playing hard like a **** but lose the game and let them ruined all ur fun in those games. you cant complain any word to them, cuz once u told them the truth, u got reported, and LYTE WILL HAVE EVIDENCE TO SAY, u deserve it. thats what LYTE THINKS.

Koben

12-03-2012

It's been so long, I feel like doing a full dissection of your post and why you deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LgN Demunlul View Post
3 Years Played, 4000+ Games, 2000+ Elo, And Perma Banned [LONG POST]
Lets start here, first you need to realize your time played, games played, and elo have no reason to be brought up in this post. You think being a veteran should shield you from punishment, it doesn't, plain and simple.

Quote:
Hey guys, this is Demunlul, formerly of Team LgN. My friend Myth51 was banned about a week ago after more than 3 years of us playing together. I’m posting this because I feel that Myth has been wrongfully abused by a system that needs reevaluation as to its purpose. I hope that you will read and consider what I have to say; truly my only intention is to improve how this community handles so-called “toxic” behaviors, as well as use of the Tribunal and the reporting system as a whole.
Lets get right down to it. You try to start your argument by making the reader feel empathy for you as you tell us about you good friend, who was "wrongly" punished by a system that is not accurate. You try to convince us that you, as a person are kinda and caring and are only doing this to protect innocent, when in reality, this is nothing more than you trying to justify your actions.

Quote:
Like I said, I’ve played hundreds of games with Myth over the years, and I’ve always had a good experience with him. I find his behavior to be substantially better than many people that I’ve had the misfortune of playing with. I’ve always looked at his reform cards every time he has been suspended leading up to this and I’ve always been very confused by how the things that he says in the games are being punished by the Tribunal. I would classify even the “worst” comments as generally mild. And the most recent reform card – the perma ban – completely boggles the mind as to how this is something that this community considers to be ban worthy.
Now you give us the full, sad and terrible story of how your friend was such a great person and nothing could justify his punishment. Yet, you claim that you think his actions were fine, ignoring the fact that you are friends and friends overlook the flaws of other friends.

Quote:
I think the largest problem stemming from the Tribunal is the stigma that is set, and rightfully so, that reporting players, regardless of the quality or correctness of the reports (evidenced by the vast majority of reports in games on reform cards having absolutely no reason listed with the report.) Additionally, I remember reading a red post which stated something along the lines of: Entrance to Tribunal = # Of Reports x Time. meaning that, if the formula yields a high enough value, an account goes to the Tribunal (However I have no clue as to how the 3-5 games are selected for review, maybe someone can enlighten me.) This leads to a huge amount of players accounts entering the Tribunal, especially those who play the game many hours a day. Because of this stigma, everyone loves to threaten to report, and click that report button when a player : 1) does poorly; or 2) says that you are doing poorly, giving reasons as to why; or 3) Insults your skill.
And here it is, the "flaw" with tribunal. You claim that more games played = more reports = more likely to be banned. which.... is flawed in the fact that if that was the case there would be way more cases where the tribunal was wrong, more importantly you seem to ignore the fact that this must happen for each individual sending to the tribunal, that means to get perma-banned you have to be reported numerous times after already being warned/punished, meaning you should have gotten the hint that you are doing something wrong before your ban.

Quote:
Now, in my opinion, none of the 3 things above should be something players should be reported for. Reporting should be reserved for malicious or wanton attacks (i.e. not those made jokingly) on someone’s character and intentional trolling. It would then follow that players would, and should, only be suspended for the two things listed above. I understand that some of the community disagrees. Some believe that “gg noobs” or “wow what are you doing wtf” as well as “you’re bad” are such terrible and hurtful comments that the utterance of such a phrase in game is evidence that a player should no longer be able to play the game, permanently or otherwise. I disagree.
THIS RIGHT HERE, this is why you are banned. You literally sate that you think things you KNOW the community finds offensive are not offensive thus you are willing to do them. This is like saying you don't find walking around nude to be problematic so you should be allowed to walk nude through a store, you just plain don't get it.

I could stop but I won't.
Quote:
Should attacks to someone’s gameplay skill warrant bans? I think that is a question that this community, as well as Riot needs to ask themselves. In my mind, the answer is No. And why would it be anything else?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, yeah I stopped being all professional and acting like you had a solid argument at this point. I wish I had the "oh wait you're serious, let me laugh even harder" image right now.

now I'll stop. Honestly at this point you aren't even making a good argument. You ignore the rules that Riot tells you to follow here

I mean literally the IV part of it is:
Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense

“Short is the joy that guilty pleasure brings.” -Euripides

Making games is our business, so it should come as no surprise that we want you to have a lot of fun. We want you to get excited, to have tension-filled moments, and to celebrate your success. This doesn’t mean that we’re okay with you ruining anybody else’s day.

Remember, taking a jab at your friend in the middle of the game is a lot different than making a glib remark at a complete stranger. Someone who is unfamiliar with what you consider playful may take your comment as an attack and react unfavorably. If two players on a team start fighting, good communication and teamwork become nearly impossible. Once communication breaks down, the likelihood of victory is drastically diminished. It isn’t uncommon for simple, good natured teasing to spiral out of control into a loss, so do yourself a favor and don’t run the risk of sabotaging your own success.

read that bold part, see how you literally say you shouldn't be banned for what it clearly sates is bannable? yeah, your argument is horrible.

Obesity Sucks

12-03-2012

glad he got banned, 1 less toxic player in this game

gG Rallans

12-03-2012

Didn't he have to mess up over and over again to finally warrant a ban after 4 previous lighter punishments? I mean, if this was his first couple of punishments, then yeah... but it's the 5th time.

MLGjungler

12-03-2012

pretty sad.. tribunal seemed like such a good thing.. i get threatend to be reported for saying gg wp at the end of games.. and if a majority thinks i am some how being a dick.. even if that is the only thing i have typed all game in all chat.. i can get banned.. you gotta realize riot that this community is made up of trollz.. so why wouldnt the majority troll in tribunal.. just my thought.. every person banned should be looked over by a riot employee.. i wouldnt trust this community to pee on a buring orphan unless paid and and then they would probably still wait for the check to clear and call the poor kid a noob...

iMRts

12-03-2012

Wasting my time.
Case 1 deserves a punish. I don't need to go through case 2-5.
Permaban or not depends on your history, not 1 case.
Tribunal works as intended.
I'm sad that it takes 4000+ games to get this guy permabanned.
He should get permaban after a few hundred games.
Glad that the tribunal exists to permaban him in the first place.

BoltAktion

12-03-2012

Bumped, upvoted.

I agree. Almost every single game, even in normals. All I hear in chat now is "Report X for X"

"No report Y cuz he did Y"

"GG report noob player Z"

And as to your question, do I think very mild insults or "attacks on player skill" sould result in a ban?

No.

If the player is typing more than playing and harassing somebody all game, ya sure, that IS harassment. But if somebody says ONE thing because you did something utterly retarded. Well i'm sorry it hurt your delicate feeling's but that's not ban worth.

Personally I even help my team insult myself when I do something REALLY dumb. You would be surprised at how funny chat gets and how much team morale improves when you start jabbing at yourself so they don't have to lol.

To clarify though, I don't have any real imput on the case presented in this thread, only the topic itself at hand.

Edit: @ gamerek the poster above me
Dude you didn't even read the op, and if you did, you need to go over it again because you are way off base.

ThanksALatte

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavenders2 View Post
I have no idea why the heck people are defending this. His first game is well and truly warning worthy, if not instant ban worthy. The combination of the other 4 games definitely warrants some kind of ban.

Come on people, personal attacks against anyone in ANY scenario is unacceptable. You say that if you can't stand silly meaningless attacks like this you shouldn't be playing this game. Are you serious? That is like me saying "if you can't stand me punching you then you should just commit suicide so you don't have to feel the pain." How can you justify a personal attack? Just because it isn't a physical attack doesn't mean it isn't going to hurt.

Myth51 has bans also dating back to the 18th of January
Which means that after 11 months he still hasn't changed his behavior. In addition to that above ban (along with a warning as well I would imagine) he gets banned AGAIN a few months later
And finally it leads to this permaban. So he has been warned, banned twice, and after 11 months of banning he didn't change. So yes I think he definitely deserves a permaban.

Tribunal is working as intended.
Just reposting this because OMG SERIOUSLY...