Possible tribunal consideration (Please Read)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LVL100 WHISCASH

02-01-2013

Im not going to spend time trying to explain what I did to be considered toxic because I know it really doesnt matter. What I will say is that the tribunal should give second chances to people who were permanently banned. I know that youre thinking "they had plenty of chances because they were temporarily banned multiple times". However, I'll admit that I really didnt pay attention to temp bans before and I received many of them. All of the sudden I was hit with a perma ban and I am in shock. I know that we are suppose to read all the rules but honestly how many of us just click agree and accept and download the new patch. No one reads that stuff and that is the reality of it. I had no idea that after a certain amount of temp bans I would get perma banned. I had no idea that once I was perma banned I would lose all the money I spent into RP. I did not know any of this and although it might have been mentioned somewhere in those agreements before the patch updates, I did not read it anywhere. I think players should be given a second chance after being perma banned because this truly made me upset and pretty sad. I had my account for 3 years. So much time spent on it, it truly makes me sad. I know most people will just say "well you shouldnt have been a toxic player then" well yes you are right I shoudlnt have been, but I just looked at it as "w/e its an online game who cares if I talk smack these people". I really did not know the severity of the situation. If given a second chance for a perma ban I can honestly say that me and probably all the people who were perma banned would not repeat the offense.

Any thoughts? Agree or Disagree? Feedback would be nice from the community and from riot employees as well.

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Disagree.

The fact is, as you stated, you have already received many chances. The last of which is your 1-2 week suspension. It is not Riots job to babysit you and make sure you change your behavior. That is your responsibility. Why give people more chances when they have already thrown away all of the chances given to them? Why let them ruin more games?

Kirska

02-01-2013

Allowing people a second chance sort of defeats the purpose of it being permanent.

Two week ban IS your second chance. If you didn't take some time out from those two weeks to figure out what was in store for you next, that's your fault. The emails from Riot always say that further bans may result in a permaban.

If you chose to ignore everything, what did you expect them to do exactly? Put it someplace else that you won't read?

LVL100 WHISCASH

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear View Post
Disagree.

The fact is, as you stated, you have already received many chances. The last of which is your 1-2 week suspension. It is not Riots job to babysit you and make sure you change your behavior. That is your responsibility. Why give people more chances when they have already thrown away all of the chances given to them? Why let them ruin more games?
I completely see your point. Though, I think that most people dont really look at a temp ban as a second chance which is why many dont really change their behavior. If you do not know how serious it is then no one will really try to make a change for the better, in my opinion. I think once you get permanently banned then you truly open your eyes. A real second chance given after a permanent ban would undoubtedly make people change how they play, I am sure of this. And if it does not then they will be permabanned forever without a chance to appeal.

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVL100 WHISCASH View Post
I completely see your point. Though, I think that most people dont really look at a temp ban as a second chance which is why many dont really change their behavior. If you do not know how serious it is then no one will really try to make a change for the better, in my opinion. I think once you get permanently banned then you truly open your eyes. A real second chance given after a permanent ban would undoubtedly make people change how they play, I am sure of this. And if it does not then they will be permabanned forever without a chance to appeal.
Then it isnt a permaban is it? The warnings and temp bans are delivered. It is not our responsibility to determine how people react to them.

I see this happening.

Player gets permabanned. Asks for another chance.
Player gets permabanned again. Ask for another chance....etc.

LVL100 WHISCASH

02-01-2013

Quote:
Then it isnt a permaban is it? The warnings and temp bans are delivered. It is not our responsibility to determine how people react to them.

I see this happening.

Player gets permabanned. Asks for another chance.
Player gets permabanned again. Ask for another chance....etc.

Well being permabanned after given a second chance after a first permaban should be explained upon lifting the first ban in the first place. Also, I must admit that the league account I had was linked to an email I use to just give my email to websites and when I register for things, I rarely check it and if I do I dont read them thoroughly. This ofcourse is my own fault but it definitely attributed to me not knowing about permabans in league of legends.

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Quote:
Well being permabanned after given a second chance after a first permaban should be explained upon lifting the first ban in the first place. Also, I must admit that the league account I had was linked to an email I use to just give my email to websites and when I register for things, I rarely check it and if I do I dont read them thoroughly. This ofcourse is my own fault but it definitely attributed to me not knowing about permabans in league of legends.
I do not think your point is entirely incorrect though. Communication could be better.

Maybe something when attempting to log in during your 1-2 week ban a message could state that more than likely any further issues will permanently ban your account.

Making the permaban not permanent is not the answer though.

Fanaticmogg

02-01-2013

They used to give one last chance. Anyone who was permabanned could get their account back if they reached Level 20 on a new account without being punished.

The failure rate was 95%. It encouraged toxic players to return to the game and continue to negatively affect the community, so they stopped doing it.

Also, each ban comes with an email warning you what'll happen if you don't shape up, and pemabans are saved for people who they feel have proven that they can't change. A while back they said that most players who do get in the Tribunal never end up getting banned after their first warning, and the vast majority of players who reach their 2-week ban level end up permabanned, so the system does a pretty good job at stopping bad behavior at its lower levels.

LVL100 WHISCASH

02-01-2013

Quote:
I do not think your point is entirely incorrect though. Communication could be better.

Maybe something when attempting to log in during your 1-2 week ban a message could state that more than likely any further issues will permanently ban your account.

Making the permaban not permanent is not the answer though.
Perhaps making an intermediate ban period? Instead of going from 2 weeks to lifetime ban, maybe go from two weeks to like 6 months and display a message "You have been banned too many times and if you get banned again after this 6month ban you will be permanently banned"

PenguinKillBear

02-01-2013

Quote:
Perhaps making an intermediate ban period? Instead of going from 2 weeks to lifetime ban, maybe go from two weeks to like 6 months and display a message "You have been banned too many times and if you get banned again after this 6month ban you will be permanently banned"
I do not think we need to add an additional chance. Many players are given 6+ chances to reform.

But I would agree that more direct communication would be good.