Ferris - The Item Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dotayy

12-03-2012

I posted this long ago in the wrong forms. Id love to get an input on this.
I have not named the skills yet (havent had much time to think about this) but feel free to give me your opinion on them too.

Ferris, The Item Mage
IMAGE:- http://hraj.cz/clanky/pic/updxnagj_P...lkers_jace.jpg

Alchemy Passive:- Randomly creates a consumable item every 90 seconds if there is an open item slot. All counsumable items made by this passive can be targeted to an Ally Champion. (health pots, oracles, elixers, etc)*
All items created from the passive have 5/10/15% bonus effects. (wards will have more range and time, potions more regeneration, etc)

First Row Steal Q: Randomly disables item in the item slot 1 or 2 or 3 on a target enemy champion for 1/1.5/2.5/3/4 seconds. Ferris gains those stats for the duration. If its a consumable he steals 1 permanently. Example, if its 3 health pots, they are left with 2 and Ferris gains/uses 1 of them depending on if he has an open item slot. (puts W on 1 second CD)**
(50/75/100/125/150) + (50% AD) + (50%AP) If a no item is stolen.

Second Row Steal W: Randomly disables item in the item slot 4 or 5 or 6 on a target enemy champion for 1/1.5/2.5/3/4 seconds. Ferris gains those stats for duration. If its a consumable he steals 1 permanently. Example, if its 3 health pots, they are left with 2 and Ferris gains/uses 1 of them depending on if he has an open item slot. (puts Q on 1 second CD)**
(50/75/100/125/150) + (50% AD) + (50%AP) If a no item is stolen.

Alchemy Explosion E: Tosses 1 random consumable on target enemy champion dealing 50/75/100/150/250 (+ original cost of the tossed consumable) + (50% AP) + (50% AD) magic damage and refunds 40% of the item value. furthermore if no consumable item is tossed, it deal double damage.

Dark Limit R: Temporarily Doubles all Stats and Passives(including Unique Passives) of the first item on a target champion for 3/5/7 seconds.
(When he ults himself, would be nice if his first item becomes part of his outfit, like warmogs turns into an actual warmog around his chest, shoes (obviously shoes), frozen mallet an actual mallet and so on)

He would make a troll champ lol
*: All items created from the passive have 5/10/15% bonus effects. (wards will have more range and time, potions more regeneration, etc)
**: Would be nice if a health pot was in the randomly disabled slot, it would also disable the healing for those 2 seconds from any health pot.

DarthDevor

12-04-2012

Seems a bit odd, because all he really does is disable enemy champs items, which does not do a whole lot unless the item gives health, or high damage, ability power, or attack speed, so I doubt he would be played often. Secondly he seems a little useless to the team, because he wouldn't be able to do much in team fights past his E. May want to rework your idea a bit, but a good idea.

Dotayy

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDevor View Post
Seems a bit odd, because all he really does is disable enemy champs items, which does not do a whole lot unless the item gives health, or high damage, ability power, or attack speed, so I doubt he would be played often. Secondly he seems a little useless to the team, because he wouldn't be able to do much in team fights past his E. May want to rework your idea a bit, but a good idea.
Well, Imagine warmogs/Bloodthirster/shoes getting canceled. Also his ult could double unique passives. With new items that are out, he would be more than useful.

I designed him so that he could work as adc, apc, and support.

I was thinking about adding bonus effects for Q and W on minions/monsters. but I think that might be too much.

Dotayy

01-02-2013

Updated

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Passive seems really useless late game. Random chance is also not good design.

Q, W, and E are anti-fun skills with no counterplay options. bad design.

R is OP.

Sorry, but messing with items just isn't good design. You're effectively pulling out supports in the base of the giant building of item balance. I'd steer clear from it

Dotayy

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
Passive seems really useless late game. Random chance is also not good design.

Q, W, and E are anti-fun skills with no counterplay options. bad design.

R is OP.

Sorry, but messing with items just isn't good design. You're effectively pulling out supports in the base of the giant building of item balance. I'd steer clear from it
Thanks for the input I will change the passive soon to make it more viable late game.

I understand your POV for Q and W but why E? Its like nami's stun (minus the stun)

I wanted to get creative with supports since thats the least popular position in ranked.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

E gets rid of wards and potions. How would you feel if you spend money on stuff in lane and then some guy comes up and goes "nope can't let you do that" and then they're gone? You're encouraging your opponents to waste money to reduce the damage on one skill.

Overall, it's just not a good idea to mess with items. That's a separate thing in terms of balance and it's IMPOSSIBLE to balance a champion that affects the items of enemies and allies.

I'm trying to tell you that this concept just WILL NOT WORK no matter how hard you try to balance it. It just doesn't work.

Dotayy

01-02-2013

Quote:
E gets rid of wards and potions. How would you feel if you spend money on stuff in lane and then some guy comes up and goes "nope can't let you do that" and then they're gone? You're encouraging your opponents to waste money to reduce the damage on one skill.

Overall, it's just not a good idea to mess with items. That's a separate thing in terms of balance and it's IMPOSSIBLE to balance a champion that affects the items of enemies and allies.

I'm trying to tell you that this concept just WILL NOT WORK no matter how hard you try to balance it. It just doesn't work.
E - he tosses (his own) consumable item. But I think I might change his passive to Charges (like Karma's R) and insted of tossing items it would be consume a charge.

Add in that any consumable item used will also consume a charge and increase its effects.

Zarkof

01-02-2013

If that's the case, why would you EVER buy a consumable to throw if not having one deals double damage?

Dotayy

01-03-2013

Quote:
If that's the case, why would you EVER buy a consumable to throw if not having one deals double damage?
Yes I am balancing it out. Taking out double damage and consuming Charges instead of random item.