Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Riot - Extremely offensive name.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IndependentWoman

Member

12-03-2012

Just the attached picture is all. It's Veigar in the spectate box.

http://i.imgur.com/HM3yF.jpg


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReluctantFantasy

Senior Member

12-03-2012

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyroRayne

Recruiter

12-03-2012

You can't call out summoners like that. It's against the code and you're liable to be banned as well as him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IndependentWoman

Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Jenkin Rei:
You can't call out summoners like that. It's against the code and you're liable to be banned as well as him.


Truth be told, I'd rather be banned than having him have that name. Riot gave us the right to use Public Beta in return for bug reports, not to offend a certain group of people/anyone. Just trying to be a positive member of this community.

Also I don't believe me doing this should be a bannable offense, but if you'd point to where this is stated than I would believe you more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caeyl

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Is there a place where you can report them without having to post on the forums? All I can think of is that you would have to play a game with them and report them after that game.

So immature of people to do something like that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Since reports on PBE do nothing, OP had no other option.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komeiji Koishi

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Jenkin Rei:
You can't call out summoners like that. It's against the code and you're liable to be banned as well as him.


I've heard this comment dozens of times whenever someone posts something about another summoner, but having just read through the summoner's code I can't seem to find any mention of this policy anywhere.

I do hide usernames when I post information about them out of respect, and it does seem like common sense that if you don't have the consent of whoever you're posting about, then you shouldn't post information that is personally identifiable or otherwise about him, but I can't find a direct policy that says you have to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benownzyew

Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
IndependentWoman:
Truth be told, I'd rather be banned than having him have that name. Riot gave us the right to use Public Beta in return for bug reports, not to offend a certain group of people/anyone. Just trying to be a positive member of this community.

Also I don't believe me doing this should be a bannable offense, but if you'd point to where this is stated than I would believe you more.

Just like you said Riot gave us the right to use Pbe.. this forum is made for bug reports found on pbe.. you can get banned for calling someone out.. and trust me there are more offensive names than that....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyroRayne

Recruiter

12-04-2012

Quote:
OMGWTFROTFLBBQ:
I've heard this comment dozens of times whenever someone posts something about another summoner, but having just read through the summoner's code I can't seem to find any mention of this policy anywhere.

I do hide usernames when I post information about them out of respect, and it does seem like common sense that if you don't have the consent of whoever you're posting about, then you shouldn't post information that is personally identifiable or otherwise about him, but I can't find a direct policy that says you have to.


Code as in Code of Conduct. It isn't in the Summoner's Code.

Quote:
B. Posting identifying information about yourself, or any other user, to the Site or within the Game;


This also includes posting a summoner's IGN on forum as it says identifying, not personal. If it said "personal", then you would be able to post their summoner name.


That summoner's name is in violation of this rule:
Quote:
L. Selecting a Summoner name that is falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games, contains personally identifying information, infringes on the proprietary or non-proprietary rights of third parties, or that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent this restriction on Summoner name choices. Riot Games may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, violates this provision without further notification to you, and may take further disciplinary measures, including Account termination, for repeated violations



Put in a support ticket with RIOT through this link: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ubmit-a-ticket (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/21152501-how-to-search-our-knowledge-base-or-submit-a-ticket)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Hate to break it to you but SuperStarLoli is not an offensive name and he will not be force to change it. Though its highly unlikely, he could easily say that its a reference to the infamous and highly respected book where the word came from, Lolita.


12