[Open RP - Adventure Hub] The Dreadcask Inn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

12-08-2012

Lundos was still looking through various drawers and shelves when asked-

"My name is Lundos Dreadcask, the bartender yesterday was my father Klava and he is going to be busy this morning with some errands. I don't know what though, so he asked me to take care of things."

Lundos nodded after checking the latest shelf, they have plenty of food for breakfast as he turned to the Yordle-

"Need some breakfast?"

__________________________________________________ ____________

Klava looked over at Number 14 and thought about the answer for just a bit.

"Our species begins without claws or shells. We start off small, weak and soft. However, although we lack natural weapons and armor we end up having to make those things ourselves when ready. And since we make it from various things in this world, the weapons and armor varies from their uses, making our species well, adaptable to go anywhere. Does that about explain things?"

After the explanation, Klava points in the direction of where Number 14 and Wiz have gone through the last night-

"We gotta go that way for our hunt, you good?"

Wizerdlol

12-08-2012

Wiz yawned, looking at the young man. He wasn't particularly hungry, but then he was definately worn out. Yes... Breakfast would be nice... Wiz took a short glance at the sleeping pixie, but quickly turned back to the task board from yesterday. He was curious, these missions doesn't seem to have been heard of by the league. Something as powerful as those bugs yesterday should've been sent a report to the institute...

Your board... Those requests, who are the ones which gives it to you...? And, could I just see some of them...?

Serious Gragas

12-08-2012

Gragas takes his coins and asks the attendant to sign something. 'So ye sign 'ere, and we're done.' he takes out a clipboard with a delivery document.

Sykper

12-08-2012

As Lundos takes Gragas's clipboard and goes through the list again, looking at the box of wine for specifics and numbers, he signs it under the Dreadcask name-

"Yep, thanks pal. This wine will be mighty helpful next month, the spring tends to bring out a bit of class here."

As he hands back the document to Gragas, Lundos looks to the Yordle thinking of what kind of breakfast he would like, and comes to a simple one, eggs and bacon. Before getting dishes out though, Lundos grabs a few pages off the board randomly, and puts them in front of Wiz.

"The requests, since you seem like curious yordle, are indeed unique. The League tends to take matters that concern the stability of the nations, and problems that they investigate. The only thing is well, they overlook people all over the place. A lot of folks from the common to nobility come by with their own problems that they put up here for adventurers everywhere to solve."

Looking at the pages in front of him, Wiz sees various things. Hunts of everything from insects to dragons, jobs that go from exocisms to assassinations...the board has everything that is legal, and probably illegal listed. Some of these matters are likely not to hit the politically influenced league unless they possibly could shatter the integrity of Valoran. But, how many of these might actually have that kind of influence? The rewards go from small time jobs to quests that require a group or more. One caught Wiz's eye, the reward was about 1000 gold, enough to pay a meal at this expensive establishment for a year but it was a slaying of 'an underground fiend'.

"Oh, whoops, didn't mean to throw that one at ya, don't think you could take that alone."

Lundos takes the 'Underground Fiend' job and places it on the board again, and resumes making breakfast.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
Klava looked over at Number 14 and thought about the answer for just a bit.

"Our species begins without claws or shells. We start off small, weak and soft. However, although we lack natural weapons and armor we end up having to make those things ourselves when ready. And since we make it from various things in this world, the weapons and armor varies from their uses, making our species well, adaptable to go anywhere. Does that about explain things?"

After the explanation, Klava points in the direction of where Number 14 and Wiz have gone through the last night-

"We gotta go that way for our hunt, you good?"
"Number 14 is adaptable as well. Not personally, but its Drones are. Detachable claws and carapace sounds practical. Do you know of a species that is born with them?"

Number 14 looked in the direction Klava indicated.
"Are you asking if I am ready? Number 14 was born ready to hunt."

Sykper

12-08-2012

Klava noted the term 'Drones' that Number 14 said, perhaps this insect had more up its sleeve than he considered but dismissed it when the question of preparation was stated.

"Aside from us, no I don't think I remember any other species that does what we humans do. But putting that aside, you seem ready. Let's go, it is fairly close to that time this early mornin."

Klava starts walking in the direction of the farm, the anticipation of battle has flexed his nerves and muscles. The walk should be about a half hour.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

"Sad. That would have been useful DNA."

Number 14 followed Klava heading in the direction of the farm.

"What are we hunting? The beetles that I found some dead ones of yesterday?"

Wizerdlol

12-08-2012

Wiz looked at the list, though he was most curious about the one Lundos took away. Something with as much reward as that... What could it be... Wiz tried not to put so much care into his tone, but he was too interested into it to hide it.

Let me see it... I'd like to know more about it...

Sykper

12-08-2012

"Sort of."

Giving the insect time to think a bit, Klava asks a bit later-

"I reckon you might know what a hive needs to be a hive right?"

It doesn't seem like Klava is dodging the question...

Lundos shrugs-

"Hey now, I don't wanna make you feel bad, but this one is sorta dangerous. The yordles down south have problem you know?"

Lundos says as he holds the job in his hand.

Munchlord

12-08-2012

"A broodmother or broodsire."