[Open RP - Adventure Hub] The Dreadcask Inn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

12-14-2012

'****, there isn't any fighting quests...' Lundos thinks as he looks back at the very eager Floralis. 'She doesn't look like someone who would give us a good word if we couldn't find a quest so...'

"How eager are you about observing a fight? Or are you more of a practical adventurer? Either way, my father might need some help..."

Lundos sighs, noting the only local job would be an insect queen, a powerful monster his father has already taken the task for...

_____________________________

Klava watches as the Queen makes her way step by step over to the farmhouse, by his estimate Number 14 should be awaiting his ambush around her backside, which is like a cocoon behind the formitable ligaments of this insect. Should he make a move against such a foe now?...no, he waits still, his human instincts tell him to wait....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leafandra

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
'****, there isn't any fighting quests...' Lundos thinks as he looks back at the very eager Floralis. 'She doesn't look like someone who would give us a good word if we couldn't find a quest so...'

"How eager are you about observing a fight? Or are you more of a practical adventurer? Either way, my father might need some help..."

Lundos sighs, noting the only local job would be an insect queen, a powerful monster his father has already taken the task for...

_____________________________

Klava watches as the Queen makes her way step by step over to the farmhouse, by his estimate Number 14 should be awaiting his ambush around her backside, which is like a cocoon behind the formitable ligaments of this insect. Should he make a move against such a foe now?...no, he waits still, his human instincts tell him to wait....
"Hmm...I think I am somewhat of an adventurer. What is your father doing anyway?" She notices Lundos' expression. "Is there anything wrong?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

12-15-2012

Lundos looks over at the willing girl and nods-

"Well, father went over to the farms east of here, about a 30 minute walk to 'clean up'. It was kind of dangerous, so he brought along someone else, but even still its been about two hours."

The son rubs his chin, then nods once more.

"If you want, could you check on him? It might be dangerous, but then again you might not run into any trouble."

__________________________________________________ ____________

The Queen makes her way slowly, not noticing Number 14 burrowed in wait or Klava on the hill nearby, to her nest. However, upon looking somewhat at the broken barn, a small crackling noise can be heard, and then she howls in anger. It doesn't take a genius to figure out she is really pissed about one of her nests being destroyed, and Klava sees this as a chance! With one motion he gets up and throws one of his axes at her! The distance was far but the axe twirled at such speed and impacted her backside, sinking in!

"It's squashing time!" Klava says reaching for his large shealth on his back and beginning to take out a huge weapon! The Queen, feeling the axe in her back, turns her head and body, various limbs stamp the ground. She screeches loudly that echoes throughout the area!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leafandra

Senior Member

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
Lundos looks over at the willing girl and nods-

"Well, father went over to the farms east of here, about a 30 minute walk to 'clean up'. It was kind of dangerous, so he brought along someone else, but even still its been about two hours."

The son rubs his chin, then nods once more.

"If you want, could you check on him? It might be dangerous, but then again you might not run into any trouble."

__________________________________________________ ____________

The Queen makes her way slowly, not noticing Number 14 burrowed in wait or Klava on the hill nearby, to her nest. However, upon looking somewhat at the broken barn, a small crackling noise can be heard, and then she howls in anger. It doesn't take a genius to figure out she is really pissed about one of her nests being destroyed, and Klava sees this as a chance! With one motion he gets up and throws one of his axes at her! The distance was far but the axe twirled at such speed and impacted her backside, sinking in!

"It's squashing time!" Klava says reaching for his large shealth on his back and beginning to take out a huge weapon! The Queen, feeling the axe in her back, turns her head and body, various limbs stamp the ground. She screeches loudly that echoes throughout the area!
"Ok, thanks!" A very eager Floralis bursts out the door.

Tom walks down the stairs."She's gone again?"He sighs. "She's always been an energetic girl." Tom sits at the counter. "A drink please."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wizerdlol

Senior Member

12-15-2012

Wiz walked down the stairs, sighing. He walked up to the counter and stood on one of the seats and said

Hey, I just remembered I need to pay again to rent the room... Is there... Wiz looked around, wondering...

Hey, wheres... That girl...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

12-15-2012

Lundos nods as he goes over to the common ales and pours a large glass. He brings it over to Tom and leans against the counter-

"Aye, but she should be fine. Not much around here save farms."

__________________________________________

The exchange already started. Klava took out a large odd-looking blade, it was curved like a scimitar yet far too large for one hand, like a greatsword. It had odd looking gizmos and gadgets on it, hextech? A wire went from it to Klava's right arm, still under the heavy armor he wore. Klava would swing occasionally but he was surprised at how fast the large queen would attack with its 'spears' and 'blades'. It didn't help that her weight was about a ton heavier than his own body either. After a narrow dodge-roll, Klava is in focus and calm.

'This gal ain't too bad, I might not need Number 14 to come out...although he is welcome to join the fray.' Klava thinks as he winds the scimitar behind him once more. The Queen Screeches, and charges once more, the sounds of battle echo in the distance.

__________________________________________

Floralis hasn't arrived yet, the road seems to go for miles ahead of her and the forests, although pretty, have a sort of gloom to them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leafandra

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
Lundos nods as he goes over to the common ales and pours a large glass. He brings it over to Tom and leans against the counter-

"Aye, but she should be fine. Not much around here save farms."

__________________________________________

The exchange already started. Klava took out a large odd-looking blade, it was curved like a scimitar yet far too large for one hand, like a greatsword. It had odd looking gizmos and gadgets on it, hextech? A wire went from it to Klava's right arm, still under the heavy armor he wore. Klava would swing occasionally but he was surprised at how fast the large queen would attack with its 'spears' and 'blades'. It didn't help that her weight was about a ton heavier than his own body either. After a narrow dodge-roll, Klava is in focus and calm.

'This gal ain't too bad, I might not need Number 14 to come out...although he is welcome to join the fray.' Klava thinks as he winds the scimitar behind him once more. The Queen Screeches, and charges once more, the sounds of battle echo in the distance.

__________________________________________

Floralis hasn't arrived yet, the road seems to go for miles ahead of her and the forests, although pretty, have a sort of gloom to them.
While Floralis runs, she notices glimpses of a black object darting among the bushes. "Must be my imagination," she mutters to herself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
Klava observed Number 14 get into position, and goes to a nearby grassy knoll, laying down and waiting. His hand is on one of his throwing axes, eager to lay the first move on whatever comes out of the marsh.

A bit of time passes, Klava stays alert, the wind whistles through the trees nearby. Number 14 doesn't notice anything...until it felt the ground shake a bit. A passing tremor? No, the intensity is beginning to increase. Something was coming slowly...and each impact was significantly higher...something big was coming real soon!
((I am back ^^))

Number 14 stays hidden in the ground, biding his time for now. The Queen was big, and a traveling Queen, as opposed to a stationary one, would probably be tough to take down, so striking at the best possible moment would be ideal. Hopefully, she would pass straight overhead. That is, however, not how it turns out, but as Klava engages her, it realizes when the best time will be. The carapace it expects to find upon the queen is a significant barrier to their attacks, but Number 14 has just the thing to help with that. All it needs is for Klava to be completely on the opposite side of her from it, so he will be shielded by her body. Now!

Number 14 erupts from the ground, head first, and shoots a spray of greenish-brown, highly corrosive digestive fluid at the large insect queen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

Senior Member

12-16-2012

The queen howls once more feeling a different kind of pain from her flank. Klava smiles as Number 14 finally came out at a good time with a potent attack of sorts which interrupted her charge. Her head turns slowly at Number 14, giving a hideous look of anger before shifting her offensive to the insect, charging at him. Before doing that though, she lunges one of her spear-like appendages at Klava, it was much more powerful than before and he was forced to block again!

"Tsk, you're a feisty one eh?"

Within moments the queen will be upon Number 14 with her deadly blades!

__________________________________________

Time passes for Floralis as she walks down the road. However, she soon hears some weird noises in the distance in front of her. Like...fighting? She takes another step before hearing an unearthly roar from some sort of creature, it was kind of scary...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
The queen howls once more feeling a different kind of pain from her flank. Klava smiles as Number 14 finally came out at a good time with a potent attack of sorts which interrupted her charge. Her head turns slowly at Number 14, giving a hideous look of anger before shifting her offensive to the insect, charging at him. Before doing that though, she lunges one of her spear-like appendages at Klava, it was much more powerful than before and he was forced to block again!

"Tsk, you're a feisty one eh?"

Within moments the queen will be upon Number 14 with her deadly blades!
Number 14 waits for the opportune moment. The queen was bigger, probably stronger and definitely heavier, and she had a lot more reach. But fast as she was, Number 14's smaller size and weight was much better suited for speed and agility, especially agility. On top of that, she has one crucial weakness that Number 14 is very well suited to take advantage of: None of her limbs or joints are configured in a manner that makes them useful for very close range combat.

Just a faction of a second before she gets close enough to claw him, Number 14 leaps, aided by his wings, but not away from her. Instead he leaps towards her, vaulting over her head and trying to latch on to her back.