[Open RP - Adventure Hub] The Dreadcask Inn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leafandra

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
Lundos gauges the weigh of the bag of coins, doing some math in his head in which he seems to struggle with...

"Let's see, room and board for a few nights for two rooms, feed for the horses, hmm..."

"How about 15 gold?" Lundos nods with his arms crossed, confident of his math skills.
Tom stares at him for a while, not knowing whether Lundos was serious. "Um...are you sure about that?"

((are these League of Legends gold terms or real-life gold terms?))

Tom ponders for a while, then turns to Wiz. "You don't seem to have much, I can pay for you if you want."

Leafandra

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenine View Post
Esen approached the inn,weary of the ordeal that happened earlier that morning.He had failed to meet the criteria to be a summoner,and worse, he failed terribly.The minion he was supposed to control simply imploded, causing a mess that needed to be cleaned. The supervisors merely shook their heads and showed him the exit.It looks like he will have to provide for himself in another way,but first, he will have find a place to stay for the night.

Esen pushed the doors open and felt the warmth emanating from the fireplace, and he instantly felt sleepy.He noticed Lundos conversing with Tom,he then politely took a seat and waited for their conversation to finish.

((Quite new here,let me know if i'm barging in or anything))
((I think I'm newer lol, but no, I don't think you are. Sorry if my conversation is taking so long to respond but kind of busy today :/))

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Reaching the decimated farm, Klava looked blankly at the annilated farm and the now very cold bodies of bugs and various shells everywhere. The farmer who put in the job was scratching his head looking at his barnhouse as he turned to Klava and Number 14.

"You know, I really should consider moving my barnhouse elsewhere, but this spot has the best crops for miles..."

Klava smiles as he says-

"So, has she come by yet?"

"Nope Klav, I reckon she will visit her sub-nest shortly. Hmm? What's that? Your pet?"

The Farmer points at Number 14-

"Nope, an extra hand. Seems like the yordle from before really did some damage to the nest though, the burns everywhere...lightning huh?"

Klava remarks appraising the former battlefield, he seems very confident and knowledgable about the 'Queen' as he doesn't show any worry to Number 14. In fact, it is almost too casual how both men are taking such an incident, is it because of the proximity to the Marsh that these men could joke about such events? Nevertheless, it seems like from what Number 14 could tell that the Queen hasn't shown up yet...
((My wife is entering early labor (the part where you wait for 'get to the hospital time'), so I'll probably be gone for a handful of days. If you don't want the character lock for that time, I understand, but I do hope I can come back and pick this up once we get home from the hospital and all of that.))

Number 14 simply observes. The casualty of the conversation didn't seem odd to it, since it had no frame of reference by which to judge normalcy of behavior of humans. Hence, it simply focused on the task at hand. One thing, it was able to process fully though.

"We are ambushing?"

Sykper

12-10-2012

{{ @Leaf, League Gold Terms, assuming gold is the common currency, even so the Dreadcask Inn prices are just a bit higher than the normal inn due to its convienent location and 'popularity' that comes with the Board. Unless you think that is too little, then assume Lundos is bad at math. I intentionally play with my words well. @Munch, no problem, that is why I have Lundos for, in case Klava is out doing errands like this }}

Lundos nods, its a business. Although to be honest most of their profits come from the bar and food, room are modestly taken care of, but nothing elaborate.

__________________________________________________ _____________

"Aye. The queen will lay her nests, and retreat to the Marsh. She comes back to check on her young. Lucky for us the nest is in such an obvious spot, we are going to wait nearby here to take her down."

Klava points behind them to the crop field, with stalks still standing tall. A good place to hide provided they avoid making too much noise. From their positon there, the Marsh would be north, from the other side of the farmhouse. Anticipating that the Queen goes from the Marsh they would have a clear sight of it before it reached the nest.

Emperor Titus

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizerdlol View Post

The two stayed silent, still having their heads turned the other direction. After a while, Nym looks at Yoshi, and giggles. Wiz also chuckles as he turns back and looks at Nym. The little pixie flies inside Wiz's cloak, and their foreheads made contact, both of them smiling.
You cute little devil... Wiz wispers quietly so that only them two could hear.

Nym then flies back out and sits on top of Yoshi's head, and points at the post board, then looking curiously at Wiz. Wiz looks back, and narrows his eyes, his smile disappearing and his face turning serious.

Yoshi, look at these... Wiz points to the several pieces of paper on the table, pulling out some of the more major ones carefully using his sharp metal claws. There were several about assassinations, requests for extermination of creatures, and several others that would not be best revealed to the light.

The posts here... Even the league does not know about these... Some even requests things that are against them... But the one that caught my attention was... Wiz looks at the bartender, remembering about the one thousand dollar extermination of a certain underground 'Bug'. Theres one that seems to be quite dangerous... And i'm... Curious...

Wiz then looks outside towards the carriage, thinking... No... He said to himself, before turning back to Yoshi, seeing his reaction.
Yoshi walks up to the board and reads the latest jobs. He mumbles to himself, "Miners from Bandle City are disappearing yadayadaya...reports from survivors say a 'monster' yadayadaya...request a small group of adventurers to go in and deal with the fiend yadayadaya...Head Miner Argona for details in Bandle....City?"

Then he walks back to Wizerd. "I don't have the answer, Wizerd....umm...maybe the League is very powerful to the point that quests are made from the Institute...I don't know. As for the bug..."

Why didn't the mayor talk about the bugs?

"...I can't make a mission on it. My missions are naval...not land. The police force should handle it. If I enter it, then I'm bringing all of Bandle City and possibly the League into the entire mess..."

Wizerdlol

12-10-2012

Wiz sighed at Yoshi's response, leaning onto the table with his arms outstretched. Nym also looks disappointed, and flies back to Wiz, sitting on his shoulder. I see... Oh well... I myself was quite curious about it when I saw it, but the bartender refuses to allow me to know the location until I find a 'Party' to go with, and you know me...

Not the one with the most connections... Wiz then looks back at the carriage outside, wondering about something. He then shakes his head, and looks back at Yoshi. In any case, if you refuse, then I won't force you. It's none of our responsibility anyway...

Emperor Titus

12-10-2012

Quote:
Wiz sighed at Yoshi's response, leaning onto the table with his arms outstretched. Nym also looks disappointed, and flies back to Wiz, sitting on his shoulder. I see... Oh well... I myself was quite curious about it when I saw it, but the bartender refuses to allow me to know the location until I find a 'Party' to go with, and you know me...

Not the one with the most connections... Wiz then looks back at the carriage outside, wondering about something. He then shakes his head, and looks back at Yoshi. In any case, if you refuse, then I won't force you. It's none of our responsibility anyway...
"The mine collapse thing is beyond me..." A moment of pause fills the two. "But let's not talk about seriousness. I have already lots of that. So how are you doing? What were you doing all this time I didn't see you?"

Esenine

12-10-2012

Quote:
{{ Oh, whatever, eat more food! }}

Lundos simply observed more folks coming in, he looks at Esen to intentionally give him the idea that he will get to him shortly.

__________________________________________________ _______

North of both Klava and Number 14's position, at the edge of the Marsh...something large was coming. Bubbles came from the green-brown water, and long, unusually shaped limbs surfaced and descended in the marsh, making its way slowly to the farm which it had laid one of its nests...
Esen gave a small nod of acknowledgement to Lundos in return,he then took a moment to consider his surroundings.There weren't many patrons in the inn,but he couldn't help finding them a little peculiar.Two of them were yordles no doubt,but one had metal hands for claws and a midget companion that he cannot recognize.The other was dressed more casually and was chatting good-naturedly to the other yordle.He wasn't sure why yordles were doing so far west of Bandle City,but their conversation certainly piqued his interest.

He then approached the board to see for himself, inspecting the one that read: 'Underground Fiend' with the compensation reward of 1000 gold.For a moment his heart rose,and he was filled with an urgent sense of wanting.But the enthusiasm died down as quickly as it came as he read the small print: 'Small group of adventurers'.As much as he wanted to.Esen was a pragmatic person,he knew he probably won't be able to handle that fiend alone, with such a big compensation that warrants 1000 gold.
Worse of all, he doesn't know a single soul aside from his family,acquaintances perhaps but not close enough to go on a risky adventure like this.

After a few moments of consideration,he was about to give up on the notion altogether,he approached Lundos once he believed that Tom was done paying for his and Floralis' stay.

'A room for the night please'

He dug around for his gold pouch for the required gold,and promptly realized that he only had enough for a one night stay,nothing more.The fact made him smart a little, as he faced the prospect going without food for a long time.

Wizerdlol

12-10-2012

Wiz looked at Yoshi, his eyes now filled with boredom. Nothing much I guess... Learn't how to speak with manners, thats one thing... Wiz then points at the place where he had bowed down to Floralis. Rehearsed those words many times, and several others I guess...

I've also been working under some very... Rich humans... Not the best people you can find... Wiz's eyes darkened for a moment, before blinking and returning back to normal. Other than that, just running around following what the league told me to do, nothing special. Wiz holds out a finger towards Nym, and she grabs it and plays around with it like a baby with a toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenine View Post
Esen gave a small nod of acknowledgement to Lundos in return,he then took a moment to consider his surroundings.There weren't many patrons in the inn,but he couldn't help finding them a little peculiar.Two of them were yordles no doubt,but one had metal hands for claws and a midget companion that he cannot recognize.The other was dressed more casually and was chatting good-naturedly to the other yordle.He wasn't sure why yordles were doing so far west of Bandle City,but their conversation certainly piqued his interest.

He then approached the board to see for himself, inspecting the one that read: 'Underground Fiend' with the compensation reward of 1000 gold.For a moment his heart rose,and he was filled with an urgent sense of wanting.But the enthusiasm died down as quickly as it came as he read the small print: 'Small group of adventurers'.As much as he wanted to.Esen was a pragmatic person,he knew he probably won't be able to handle that fiend alone, with such a big compensation that warrants 1000 gold.
Worse of all, he doesn't know a single soul aside from his family,acquaintances perhaps but not close enough to go on a risky adventure like this.

After a few moments of consideration,he was about to give up on the notion altogether,he approached Lundos once he believed that Tom was done paying for his and Floralis' stay.

'A room for the night please'

He dug around for his gold pouch for the required gold,and promptly realized that he only had enough for a one night stay,nothing more.The fact made him smart a little, as he faced the prospect going without food for a long time.

Wiz then looks sideways at the man looking at the notice board. He grins, a strange look on his face as he kneeled back and looked at the human. Hey, you interested in that...? Wiz then points at the notice about the underground fiend for one thousand gold.

Emperor Titus

12-10-2012

Quote:
Wiz looked at Yoshi, his eyes now filled with boredom. Nothing much I guess... Learn't how to speak with manners, thats one thing... Wiz then points at the place where he had bowed down to Floralis. Rehearsed those words many times, and several others I guess...

I've also been working under some very... Rich humans... Not the best people you can find... Wiz's eyes darkened for a moment, before blinking and returning back to normal. Other than that, just running around following what the league told me to do, nothing special. Wiz holds out a finger towards Nym, and she grabs it and plays around with it like a baby with a toy.

Wiz then looks sideways at the man looking at the notice board. He grins, a strange look on his face as he kneeled back and looked at the human. Hey, you interested in that...? Wiz then points at the notice about the underground fiend for one thousand gold.
"Stop working for them if they're not the best. I would have sent them into another dimension to rot at if they have such a snooty attitude," Yoshi says as he clenched his fists.

"Hmm...." Yoshi begins to observe Wizerd as he approaches to Esen. After hearing what he says about the underground fiend, Yoshi begins to hatch an idea. He looks at the two intentionally, studying what the two will say. Then once they're done, he will make his move.