[Open RP - Adventure Hub] The Dreadcask Inn

1234511 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

12-03-2012

North of the Institute of War, not too close to the Howling Marshes where the Deathsinger laid claim was a building at a crossroads. This two story building with horses lined up in front of it was always active, lights and howling of the drunks gave the old but stable building life. It was the Dreadcask Inn, a monument to the endeavor of mere men to settle down anywhere. However, what stood this place out was not just its robust funishings, nor the characters but a prominant board behind the counter at the small bar inside. This board has listings far and wide of various 'jobs' and 'quests' where the League might not reach, or even know about. Any and all quests across Valoran come here if they couldn't reach the Institute, and only worthy adventurers may set forth from here to find their own destinies. Or, perhaps they could stay for a few nights, with a large room filled with tables and a huge fireplace that warms the soul against the coldest of nights, this place could be a second home...

As of now, however, it is fairly empty, only the most common patrons are here, and the bartender/innkeeper, known only as Klava Dreadcask, wipes with an old cloth into a huge glass mug recently used by a patron tossed out for being a bit too rowdy on his own. The burly man has a crippling scar across his left eye, forever closing it. But his experiences alone could tell a thousand tales...

{{ This is going to be a test RP of mine. This one allows for any and all characters to come and go, however as you might have read, there is a second aspect, the BOARD! That's right! I have pre-meditated quests in mind, only a few at this point however characters can put up their own quests on the board and see if anyone wants in, WHILE IN CHARACTER! You are in shock right now I feel it! However, I understand there are already quite a number of bar/inn/restaurant RPs going on right now, but I just wanted to see whether this kind of one would function. I will list completed/incompleted jobs on this opening thread, these will have a separate thread of their own. }}

Jobs of Intrique:

- 'Underground Fiend': Miners from Bandle City are disappearing in the Sablestone Mountains, reports from survivors say a 'monster' is taking the miners deep inside the mineral mines there, request a small group of adventurers to go in and deal with the fiend. Compensation is in the amount of about 1000 gold, ask for Head Miner Argona for details in Bandle City.

Wizerdlol

12-03-2012

He listened as the ground crunched against his bare feet, and looked around. It was dark at night, rain was pouring down and lightning was striking above him, but he doesn't seem to have any reaction to the raging weather... His gleaming red eyes scanned the area, his cloak covering his entire body, his hood hiding his face as he continued walking. A small blue light was glowing next to him, and it seems to be... Alive...

As he continued to walk on, he starts to sense something different... It wasn't the small weak auras of the small insects and animals, but humans... The small boy, held up his metal claw, pointing a finger towards the direction of the source of the aura. The blue light next to him flickered, and they started to head down towards the direction...

As he gets close, he could hear the shouting of drunk men and the light that the inn shone within the darkness. He quickens his pace to a quick jog, and arrives to the doors of the building... He pushes the doors open, and walks towards the counter, looking around. There was a lot of men, drunk and raging, around the room, but the small boy did not care. He went towards the counter and sits down, the faint blue light resting on his shoulder and waiting to be addressed by the counter...

Sykper

12-03-2012

The other patrons didn't even take notice of the boy who have walked into the bar and sat down at the counter, the small group in the corner of the room next to the window was telling their own stories about nights like this. The warmth was refreshing to the boy who was still damp from the rain-

"We don't have much for kids like yourself out here..."

Klava was finishing cleaning his mug before setting it on the table hard, testing its durability. Both the counter and the glass remained strong as he pushed the mug over to the side at a different stoll from the boy's. His single open eye looked down on the small kid with a blue glimmer on his shoulder. The boy could see the almond eye of the bartender holding much experience behind it-

"We only got water or milk here, and the rooms ain't cheap kid." The innkeeper scoffed.

Wizerdlol

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
The other patrons didn't even take notice of the boy who have walked into the bar and sat down at the counter, the small group in the corner of the room next to the window was telling their own stories about nights like this. The warmth was refreshing to the boy who was still damp from the rain-

"We don't have much for kids like yourself out here..."

Klava was finishing cleaning his mug before setting it on the table hard, testing its durability. Both the counter and the glass remained strong as he pushed the mug over to the side at a different stoll from the boy's. His single open eye looked down on the small kid with a blue glimmer on his shoulder. The boy could see the almond eye of the bartender holding much experience behind it-

"We only got water or milk here, and the rooms ain't cheap kid." The innkeeper scoffed.
Hmm...? I see... The boy lifted his hood, revealing his face. The first thing that poked out was his yordle ears, though the fur that grew on it was pitch black. His face was scarred, and a black burn surrounded his right eye, though the eye itself seems to still be functioning well...

I'll have the milk... The yordle spoke, before turning his gaze onto the blue light on his shoulder. As he looked at it, you could notice it wasn't actually a floating light, but a pixie, glowing with a dim blue radiance. They exchanged looks for a moment, before the boy looked at the bar tender again, speaking.

Yes... The milk will do... As for a room... The yordle looked over at the board behind the counter, the one the pixie was pointing at. The yordle narrowed his eyes, then poked into his pocket on his black robe, and pulled out some coins...

This would pay for the milk... As for the room... He lifted a metal claw towards the board, before continuing. I'll do the thing that pays for the night...

Sykper

12-03-2012

Klava wasn't really surprised by the young yordle's appearance. Looking at the coins pulled out by the yordle, the keeper knew he would have enough for the drink and was a bit short for a room.

"Milk coming up kid."

The boy could hear the movement of cups and plates under the counter, and opening and closing of small doors like a storage place. Klava comes back up with a cup of cold milk, which he put on a metal plate with a small fire at the back side of the bar to warm it up for the young boy. As he heated it up, he looked at the board-

"Hmm. Enough to pay for a night huh?"

Klava takes off a few pages off the wall, specifically local jobs and holds them in his hand as he takes the now warm milk off the burner and sets it in front of the boy. The handle of the cup is just barely warm although the yordle can feel a bit of heat on the outside. For some reason the wood doesn't burn underneath the hot cup of milk but that mystery might be for another time.

"I got a few jobs here, got a haunting supposively at the edge of the Marsh near the inn. There is also some pest control of a nearby farm field. Actually, I put a job up there for some cellar cleaning too, but any of these could pay the bill for the night and maybe even a little extra. Or do you want somethin else?"

Wizerdlol

12-03-2012

Quote:
Klava wasn't really surprised by the young yordle's appearance. Looking at the coins pulled out by the yordle, the keeper knew he would have enough for the drink and was a bit short for a room.

"Milk coming up kid."

The boy could hear the movement of cups and plates under the counter, and opening and closing of small doors like a storage place. Klava comes back up with a cup of cold milk, which he put on a metal plate with a small fire at the back side of the bar to warm it up for the young boy. As he heated it up, he looked at the board-

"Hmm. Enough to pay for a night huh?"

Klava takes off a few pages off the wall, specifically local jobs and holds them in his hand as he takes the now warm milk off the burner and sets it in front of the boy. The handle of the cup is just barely warm although the yordle can feel a bit of heat on the outside. For some reason the wood doesn't burn underneath the hot cup of milk but that mystery might be for another time.

"I got a few jobs here, got a haunting supposively at the edge of the Marsh near the inn. There is also some pest control of a nearby farm field. Actually, I put a job up there for some cellar cleaning too, but any of these could pay the bill for the night and maybe even a little extra. Or do you want somethin else?"
The yordle listened, though his eyes dazed off. He has been travelling for quite some time, and wasn't in the best mood for listening, though he grabbed a bag of brown powder inside his cloak and poured it inside the hot milk as he looked at the papers for the jobs available...

This one... The yordle placed his finger on to the poster with the pest control information, his eyes still unfocused and looking away from the bartender or the poster, not bothering to read what is said. He starts drinking the milk, now brown from the brown powder he poured inside...

Hot chocolate...

So... How is this done... Am I going to know what kind of insect i'm hunting for, or is someone guiding me...? As the yordle said this, the pixie flew on top of the paper, blinking. She was reading what the paper said, knowing that the yordle wouldn't really care what the thing they had to 'control' was... As long as it was to do with searching and destroying... It was doable to him...

Sykper

12-03-2012

"Let's see...all the local jobs I happen to know off the top of my head, but big jobs far out you have to go to the requester for more details. As far as this job is concerned, I recall some of the farmers worried about some huge bugs killing their plants for the harvest this year, probably a nest somewhere in the field, it is about a half hour walk east from here, but if you want to dry up here before taking off you can kid."

Klava says to the yordle, as he gets a new cloth and wipes off old stains on the counter.

{{ Small adventures I can host in this thread, large ones I will make a separate adventure for }}

Wizerdlol

12-03-2012

Quote:
"Let's see...all the local jobs I happen to know off the top of my head, but big jobs far out you have to go to the requester for more details. As far as this job is concerned, I recall some of the farmers worried about some huge bugs killing their plants for the harvest this year, probably a nest somewhere in the field, it is about a half hour walk east from here, but if you want to dry up here before taking off you can kid."

Klava says to the yordle, as he gets a new cloth and wipes off old stains on the counter.

{{ Small adventures I can host in this thread, large ones I will make a separate adventure for }}
The yordle gulps down the last of the chocolate milk, before placing it onto the counter and walking out of the bar, ignoring the drying. It had stopped raining, and as the yordle closed the door, holding the paper in his metal claws, a lightning struck as the door closed shut.

The Yordle looked at the pixie, blinking. The pixie sighed, and she started flying towards east. The yordle stayed silent and followed, though after a while, he wispered...

Sure feels strange accepting missions from someone other than the league...

The pixie turned her head, though still flying towards the destination. She didn't move her lips, but spoke telepathically to him.

Well, if you listened to me, we wouldn't have been lost out there, now wouldn't we... Wiz...?

The two arrived at the "pest infested" farm. They looked around, and Wiz narrowed his eyes. He could sense it, the aura that the bugs possess, but because of weariness he couldn't locate it... He stayed still until he could sense movement, the pixie, Nym, sitting on his shoulder, still dimly glowing blue...

Sykper

12-03-2012

The night sky was fairly clear, as the half-moon shone overhead. The farmgrounds were quite flat save a few hills, crops of corn, pumpkin and wheat waved as the somewhat cold wind blew across the fields. At the time there was no noticable movement...

That however would change...

The farmhouse was north of their position, as the yordle and the pixie sensed their surroundings at the fields to the west of them, they hear...an odd buzzing noise. The sounds were a low hum, and over in the distant field some of the crops were falling down, something was out there. Something was really big out there, judging by the path through the crops the thing was making as it went in circles and turns, cutting down crops. The yordle could make out from their distance a large carapace perhaps, but it isn't too clear what it is unless they get closer if that seems like the only option at this point...

TheShadowOfChaos

12-03-2012

((Yo man, I hope I will be able to proceed with our rp, it is just that school is not boding well for me. The other rps may or may not have grabbed my attention a bit more as well so sorry for that. ))

1234511 ... 22