Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Keep the sign-ups closed longer than what it should be.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gintsu

12-06-2012

Maybe there should be a system that links your main account to your pbe account and judges based on
the amount of reports on your main account how often you leave games or your reports for trolling etc.
It would cut back on the amount of trolls that would be able to create an account.

Et?rnal Demon

12-06-2012

Quote:
gintsu:
Maybe there should be a system that links your main account to your pbe account and judges based on
the amount of reports on your main account how often you leave games or your reports for trolling etc.
It would cut back on the amount of trolls that would be able to create an account.

The accounts should be linked, thats the base. Other than that we can go deeper in that base, but still I think thats a good way to eventually eradicate these trolls/leavers.

nispoH likes men

12-06-2012

Quote:
Et?rnal Demon:
Hey there. I know this sounds bad for people that are willing to "help" Public Beta Environment, but this would make everything else worse.

We are having 60 minutes login queues. I used to play (PBE) when it got out. The problem it had was, The 60 minutes queues were not to login, but to find a game. Now it takes a few seconds and youre already matched up.

This is completely crazy. I find this intersting to see a testing environment growing up quickly like this.

However, people complaining about sign-ups closure is totally making me upset. People clearly say "Let me register so I can play PBE". Good. Thats nice to hear. But have you thought about logging in? If wed open the sign ups after a 3 months closure, imagine, just imagine the amount of people that would eventually login to the server.

The login queues are already heavy. Right now they hit most likely a one hour queue. Which is not that bad. Nevertheless, when a big patch hits the PBE server, the queues can raise up to 3 hours, and in weekends, it can go up to 5 hours.

With this amount of people awaiting the opening of the sign-ups, you can eventually except a 7 hours login queue, if not more.

This is sad to hear. I have been quite decreasing my PBE activities, since I want to let people enjoy the server, as ive been enjoying it for almost a year.

===
Problem is:
-The PBE was meant for North America regions at first. (They still allow it worldwide).
-People banned on live servers, come on PBE to share a bit more of their toxicity. (They do not risk being banned)
-When signups are up, people usually create up to 3 accounts to assure themselves a longer run before the sign ups re-open.

I have been suggesting this idea in June, but got downvoted a lot. I have seen other summoners sharing out the same idea, and I just think it is more needed than ever.
--
To reduce login queues we should have our account linked on a live server(Worldwide) and it should be level 20 or higher.

This could possibly help a lot the dedicated testers, and have less games with toxic players.

==
Please, add your comments below.

Although i do believe this is a good idea it should be a leval 30.

nispoH likes men

12-06-2012

another thing they could do is only let emails that have a pre-existing account on live be used. I for one have 3 different emails with 2 on live, and then my main email also is on PBE. this would stop the 3+ accounts people have

PotterPan

12-07-2012

"If you can't stand the heat, Get out of the kitchen!" haha! Seriously you people complaining about trolls, leavers, rage quitters etc. are probably don't deserve to be in PBE at all. You obviously don't get it. It's a Public BETA Environment. The more people testing it, the Better. Regardless if they are there for free something or not, it Doesn't matter. Think of it this way, if someone leaves, then you are testing the game 4 vs. 5 or 3 vs 4 etc. You'll never know, some bugs might occur only if certain conditions are met. About trolls? simple >> Ignore! If you think PBE sux now, then play in Normal servers. peace!

ValorAndGlory

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Note I am not a member of the pbe.

I agree with Et?rnal Demon, the sign up should stay closed, I might even go as far as saying change it to invite, because too many people only want on the PBE so they can play with either their 'friends' or just get the new stuff before live gets it.

Then there are those that real do want to test and they are the people who understand why the sign-ups are limited, as well as why they only want a certain number of players on the pbe instead of making it a free for all.

I for one would love to be on the PBE, I have gotten in for closed beta test for games by Ijji and perfect world, as well as others, so I know that I can spot the bugs. But I get why with an open test environment that they want to have only so many people with an account at any given time.

So again I agree with the OP that until they find a way to clear up the number of accounts and toxic players that they should keep the sign ups closed.

Et?rnal Demon

12-07-2012

Quote:
PotterPan:
"If you can't stand the heat, Get out of the kitchen!" haha! Seriously you people complaining about trolls, leavers, rage quitters etc. are probably don't deserve to be in PBE at all. You obviously don't get it. It's a Public BETA Environment. The more people testing it, the Better. Regardless if they are there for free something or not, it Doesn't matter. Think of it this way, if someone leaves, then you are testing the game 4 vs. 5 or 3 vs 4 etc. You'll never know, some bugs might occur only if certain conditions are met. About trolls? simple >> Ignore! If you think PBE sux now, then play in Normal servers. peace!

This is how people react when they think there are no options available to remove these trolls and leavers, even though, this wasnt even the subject of my topic.

If youd read the topic, youd understand that we arent complaning, we are trying to find solutions to remove trolls and leavers.

Even Riot said they are making something for these trolls and leavers and its coming soonTM.

Just by watching your attitude, youre probably the one that trolls and leaves.

Why the hell do you think Riot bans leavers and trolls?
To make it look good? lmao. They just dont want to act like you are acting right now. They really want to find ideas and feedbacks on their servers and this is what we are doing. Your negative replies, we can live without them.

Peace.

Xarlee

12-07-2012

Quote:
Et?rnal Demon:

===
Problem is:
-The PBE was meant for North America regions at first. (They still allow it worldwide).
-People banned on live servers, come on PBE to share a bit more of their toxicity. (They do not risk being banned)
-When signups are up, people usually create up to 3 accounts to assure themselves a longer run before the sign ups re-open.

That is false People CAN get banned on here my friend lost his account because he believed he couldnt get banned, But he found out you can... ina Quick instance

Neo Cyrus

12-07-2012

I completely agree, the PBE accounts should be linked to a main account. Level 30 IMO. Perhaps even offer incentives for reporting bugs (that go to the main account) to help accelerate finding bugs instead of people just being on the PBE for fun ruining it for those of us who are there not just for fun but to actually find and report bugs too. That "incentive" part would not work out unless there was some other restriction as well aside from being lvl 30 on a main account, you know what I mean.

Et?rnal Demon

12-07-2012

Quote:
Xarlee:
That is false People CAN get banned on here my friend lost his account because he believed he couldnt get banned, But he found out you can... ina Quick instance

What I meant is, they wouldnt mind if they would get banned. So they wouldnt consider this a ban, since, its free and they didnt really put much effort on getting level 30.