Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Keep the sign-ups closed longer than what it should be.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZapMyHeart

12-05-2012

I suggest making the level requirement 30 instead along with revoking PBE privileges if your linked account gets punished.

Zarlakk

12-05-2012

Quote:
Et?rnal Demon:
No beceause, trolls would definately get banned after few weeks, which would slowly decrease the toxic games. However, if you let that 15K wave come in, 25%-50% are trolling/leaving/playing, instead of testing.

Correction *50%-75%* but still to not let those 15% into the environment who actually want to help... that would be unfair. And everyone who is in it will object to new testers and everyone who is not in it atm will want the applications to be open

Tcoxy

12-05-2012

I like the idea of having to have a higher level account to play on the PBE. Not just anyone who wants to have a high level account they can troll from with no consequences. I mean really. That had bad written all over it. Whereas if you had to link it to a unbanned level 30 account where bans counted for both accounts people would be a lot less likely to troll.

Harpsicord

12-05-2012

upvoted. there are so many trolls in pbe because they get to lv30 straight away and hardly get banned. also because of instant lv30 you can't tell other player's levels...ugh. long login queues, lots of people joining from brazil and going huehuehue when they troll. man, oh man.

Zarlakk

12-05-2012

Quote:
Tcoxy:
I like the idea of having to have a higher level account to play on the PBE. Not just anyone who wants to have a high level account they can troll from with no consequences. I mean really. That had bad written all over it. Whereas if you had to link it to a unbanned level 30 account where bans counted for both accounts people would be a lot less likely to troll.

You'd also obviously show proof that you own that account... weather that's email conformation or logging in and posting with the level 30 for an application

Et?rnal Demon

12-06-2012

Well, yeah of course. Id recommend a security question implementation or anykind of verification that helps them know its your account. Actually, it could be harder registering onto PBE but if they really wanted to be on that server, they would do anything, hard or not.

ploki122

12-06-2012

Quote:
Et?rnal Demon:
Well, yeah of course. Id recommend a security question implementation or anykind of verification that helps them know its your account. Actually, it could be harder registering onto PBE but if they really wanted to be on that server, they would do anything, hard or not.

Not that hard, you simply have to be logged in your account and go to a pbe page, where you create your pbe account...

Et?rnal Demon

12-06-2012

And the actual PBE accounts?

ploki122

12-06-2012

Quote:
Et?rnal Demon:
And the actual PBE accounts?

a crusade would the best term of what I have in mind...

gintsu

12-06-2012

This is a big problem and it's only growing. I'm sure everyone has noticed by now that the log in time only comes only when new patch content comes out. I don't think there should be a new server or an expansion on the current one. You could close the pbe sign up but that would only hurt those who want to find bugs and so on. Maybe a system that monitors how active you are on your pbe account and removes inactive accounts this would solve the problem of the players who only come when a new champ comes out. Also make a mandatory amount of pvp/custom/etc. games you must play to get the ip/rp also to limit the amount that play when a new champion comes out.