Shattering the concept that ELO is a measurement of a Players skill with a Champion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kattron

12-10-2012

Great. I can use this to teach my mate.

Elier

12-10-2012

It's an awesome analysis you did there on how to improve as a LoL player, detailing the major areas that you need to master. I'll definetly take some of your advice and work on my weaker areas.

Now... I agree with you on that Elo doesn't measure players skill with a champion (point 5), but I'd like to add that it doesn't measure points 1-4 either. What it measures is your team's ability to win, nothing more.

What you are really shattering is the idea that champion skill is all that matters to be a good player.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat09 View Post
What's driving me insane is that people keep saying this, but each of my points relies on the others @-@.

What don't you agree with?

List it in bullet form don't say why ask me then see if we actually differ in opinion or if you're reading wrong from my intentions.

You lost me at your title, I don't believe and I don't think most people believe that "ELO is a measurement of a Players skill with a Champion." So, shattering this concept is nothing big, it is like me writing an article about shattering the concept that moon is made of cheese. I don't think many people have ever held this belief, but i am gonna shatter it anyway.

I think Elo is a an indication of your ability to win games.

phatcat09

12-10-2012

Elo is measurement of probability of success, success is evaluated by your ability to play the game, your ability to be successful in the game is based on 1 of 5 major skill areas that can be further sub-divided or labeled. Ergo your ability play well has a relationship with Elo.

How is this point being missed...

You people are chosing to ignore the preface aren't you...------^

Ge0rgy0

12-11-2012

This doesn't shatter anyone's concept of what elo measures

Codekey

12-11-2012

Interesting read, definatly learned a few things! Thank you. Now to link this to a few other people.

phatcat09

Sinistrilonfire

12-11-2012

So... you just wrote like a 20 page paper on LoL... and I still feel like you didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. :$

C+

phatcat09

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistrilonfire View Post
So... you just wrote like a 20 page paper on LoL... and I still feel like you didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. :$

C+
Please follow the instructions on reading.

Quote:
If you don't want to read this because it's too long then do everyone a favor and keep it to yourself -- no one cares that you have a short attention span -- this is for people who want to learn

The Message contained below is not a NEW message. Just because you understand doesn't mean everyone does or should know without being told, not everything is written for you, but if you ignore this post and don't get something out of it because it seems rudimentary please remember we don't need to hear about how good YOU are this is for players who need help!

dkanonji

12-11-2012

I'm still waiting for that shattering moment...