Shattering the concept that ELO is a measurement of a Players skill with a Champion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roidrage22

12-07-2012

No i'm better than all my friends and elo proves that I am

phatcat09

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roidrage22 View Post
No i'm better than all my friends and elo proves that I am
I wish you'd read it.

eBlossom

12-07-2012

Player skill with a role doesn't win you games either.

For instance, my best role in S2 was AD, and I ended up having negative win/loss with Corki (1-5), Kogmaw (1-4) and Caitlyn (1-3) in S3.

Demp

12-08-2012

You can already prove Elo isn't directly related to 'skill' by all these threads that inform others on how to increase their Elo to make the climb easier.

It's implying, for example, that duo queueing with your high Elo friend and whatnot makes you more skilled than when you don't. Elo can be related to skill in some ways, but all it really displays is your chances of winning.

Legendary Cookie

12-08-2012

Best analyzation i've ever read.
It helped me better understand WHY i don't understand the core mechanics of the game. I already knew that i had "worse understanding of the game" than the pros, but i didn't know exactly what i wasn't understanding. This post doesn't explain it entirely, but it helps

NihilistProxy

12-08-2012

Maybe you should look at ELO again...

Its an algorithm based on your win lose ratio, Techniquly it has nothing to do with skill or champs, dispite the fact that Riot claims otherwise. The ONLY thing taken into account with the ELO system is how many nexuses blew up. The algorithm doesnt give a damn who played the match, what champs were in it, what lanes the champs were in, if they won their lane, if they won teamfights, if they took barons and dragons, what their KDA was, so on so forth.

THE ONLY THING IT TAKES INTO ACCOUNT IS WHICH NEXUS WAS DESTROYED.

Stop treating it like its anything other than that......

Alchazar

12-08-2012

My biggest issue with ELO?high elo gets put with low elo of "Roughly" same value.. so a 1300 will be paired with a 1100 which isnt that bad.. but then if the top is 1100 he can be paired with a 900 and be EXPECTED to carry given how matchmaking works...

Genraenera

12-08-2012

Wall of Text is super effective.

davesmack

12-08-2012

I sent that ***** an upvote.

*****es love upvotes.

Diatain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I gave this whole thing a read. Good info in there. I'm linking this thread to several of my friends and I am going to try to apply some of this info myself.

Thanks for taking your time to type this all out.