Shattering the concept that ELO is a measurement of a Players skill with a Champion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IUDream

12-15-2012

1. Just with the whole element of surprise ganking.
Yes, it's true that if you notice the enemy jungler trying to gank your lane, you would be playing it safe.
However, there are many games where the jungler can just dive you, chaining CC with the enemy lane and kill you. This usually occurs when the jungler gets fed, even if you didn't feed them, but your other lanes did. You can't safely prevent this gank, since your teammates decided to play badly. You can't pinpoint that on somebody because their teammate is playing badly.
These points only work if people are willing to go with it. Although I have carried games where my team fed like crazy, I can't expect to do the same every single game. At one point my teammates should be the one carrying me, or at least not making it harder on me. And that usually happens in higher elo, or just based on pure luck.

phatcat09

12-15-2012

At that point it's not a gank it's a 3 v 2 press would it help if I made a Guide for Different combat scenarios?

Gweee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Thank you for posting this. I read it fully and will be taking each of the little things in it to heart. Just play like this and hope more people that don't, do.

phatcat09

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweee View Post
Thank you for posting this. I read it fully and will be taking each of the little things in it to heart. Just play like this and hope more people that don't, do.

Thankyou for your sincerity.

m3sm3r

12-26-2012

amazing piece of work...wish i had friends like you who would team me to be better in the game by giving what might seem like a simple tip but could turn out to make a huge difference in game play

Habimaru

12-26-2012

Elo also has a lot to do with your luck with match-making... whether some people want to admit it or not.

FrozenChinchilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-26-2012

Thank you phatcat09. This thread has taught me a few things that I believe will make me a better player.

phatcat09

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3sm3r View Post
amazing piece of work...wish i had friends like you who would team me to be better in the game by giving what might seem like a simple tip but could turn out to make a huge difference in game play
Mesmer :O

phatcat09

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenChinchilla View Post
Thank you phatcat09. This thread has taught me a few things that I believe will make me a better player.
Aaweeewewe you shucks.....

phatcat09

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habimaru View Post
Elo also has a lot to do with your luck with match-making... whether some people want to admit it or not.
90% correct.

Luck and matchmaking are what dictate perhaps how fast you will rise, but it doesn't inhibit you from rising. It only makes it harder, which means -- it's kinda irrelevant, but annoying.

Then again it is solo queue, so everyone is subject to the same thing. If you want to get to your 'real' Elo 'faster' based on how well you play as a team, then do premades.