Need Help - Fast

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doublelift

10-10-2010

First off, I'm a senior in highschool but I have very conservative, asian parents who believe in hard work ethic and the usual etc.

Anyways, I took a day off of work today because I felt like I hadn't had a day off from school or work (and I haven't) in a long time. My parents didn't take it so lightly, and my only excuse was that there's a party I got invited to today, so they eased up a little bit. They're still extremely pissed and threatening to kick me out when I turn 18.

If I don't go to the party in 30 minutes, then my parents are going to explode because they would see me as lying and lazy.

There is no party.

What do I do? All my friends are busy (I've called even ones that I would consider casual acquaintances from school).

SuicidalPankake

10-10-2010

Leave for a few hours, come back looking tired. Or, since your parents sound like abusive slavedrivers, leave and find new ones. You probably want to go with option A, though.

Fantastic Colors

10-10-2010

Find something else to do outside.

Like wandering aimlessly.

Scrooge

10-10-2010

A senior....is 16, 17 or 18 right?
Im 17. Im guessing you are too. When you turn 18, your legally an adult.

You gotta make choices on your own dude. I know a guy who is gay and got kicked out of his house for being gay. Now he lives in an apartment and living with a room mate.

Since you have a job, you probably can move out and find your own place and pay rent.
You will get a early start in your adulthood.

For now just go wherever and make sure your parents dont follow you. Take the bus or something.
Go to a mall, sit in the food court, go to the arcade or shop for video games.

Good Luck
P.S.( Id shop for anime, manga, figurines, and much more)

SmokingJoeNL

10-10-2010

Start learning how to cook, clean, do laundry and all that stuff that will make you independant. Then when you leave, you won't have to rely on your folks and they will miss you and see that you can be your own man. This should improve the relationship between you all.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

If I was in your situation, I'd probably do what the first poster said, basically just lie and say I went.

Don't be a wimp though, if you felt like taking a day off, just tell your family you felt like taking a day off. If they are upset, tell them to *#$&% off.

Doublelift

10-10-2010

The first reply came 40 minutes after I left home and basically sat inside of a clubhouse watching Pirates of the Caribbean for 3 hours.

It was alright, but now that I'm home they're still giving me ****, telling me they'll kick me out the day I turn 18, I'm garbage, etc. Life really blows right now. I plan on going to college though, and have no idea how I'm going to find a place with a roommate to share rent with and etc. It's scary to think I might get stuck working for $10/hour living with a roommate and spending all my nights and days off alone due to not being part of college/classes.

I don't really know what to do tbh. I'll likely end up losing all my dignity and manhood begging my parents to pay my way through college and let me stay home. I'm smart and have the skills necessary to be independent, but I'm afraid that I'll be unable to experience college because I'll have no money backing me. I've been working for the last 2 years for about 16 hours/week (just weekends), and all the money my mom just said has been used to pay for the family's gas and food. Suicide is looking like a good option -.-

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublelift View Post
Suicide is looking like a good option
Obviously you said it as a joke but, Suicide is always the best option.

That being said, I advise against it due to the severe joy and pleasure you'll give the people who are pissing you off, they'll probably say "Called it, knew that guy was a puss". Pffft.

Doublelift

10-10-2010

Sadly, I didn't say it as a joke. I've been contemplating methods of suicide since I was 13. My parents have always made life terrible for me, and my only way to get back at them is to make them feel guilty for what they did to me. I've always rewound a scene I thought in my head where my parents walk into the kitchen to see their son holding a suicide note and a knife in his throat.

Ssraeshza

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublelift View Post
I've always rewound a scene I thought in my head where my parents walk into the kitchen to see their son holding a suicide note and a knife in his throat.
You know how that scene would play out?

"Pffft, useless child, I knew he would never amount to anything"
"Yeah you said it, I was just counting down the days before the piece of garbage did this"
"Really? me too... let's get a burger"
*The two people cheerfully scamper out of the kitchen*

*Walk back into the kitchen 2 hours later*
"Oh yeah, I forgot about this mess, hun, would you take out this trash please?"
"Ugh, I'll feel dirty touching this refuse but okay"

Okay maybe that's a gross exaggeration, but you won't "Show them" if you commit suicide, they'll pretty much be exalted to the maxim.

You're not feeling despair because your parents are jackholes, you're feeling despair because your future is uncertain.

You are probably feeling a lot of anxiety because our nature demands stability. And your future is unstable as F*ck. Death however, is stable. So in theory death is the only stability you can aspire to reach right now, which your mind already determined was the best option.

That's what feelings of suicide are, they're partially an illusion of relief. Probably give it some time and your anxiety will decrease.

I'd only ever commit suicide once I've completed all of my goals in life ... so I can go out in a blaze of glory and end on a high note. Mmm, yes.