Just bought some Gunnars....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Topless Menu

12-03-2012

Gunnar glasses = cheap quality/durability-normal glasses

Only effect received by such glasses is the placebo effect: thinking they work and create all this "protection" z z z z z z. People tend to feel what others have.

If you analyze it at all, there just normal glasses with tint and all sorts of "feature" specifically aimed at gamers like you who spend $$$.

Have headaches? Easy solution: take a break
Have hard time focusing visually? Easy solution: go see a doctor

Just because gamers in LoL tourney use them, doesnt mean there way better than any other gaming glasses in the market. Its called marketing and advertising products for a reason. Gunnar glasses and there company just use league tourneys to promote there products....

xChaseMe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless Menu View Post
Gunnar glasses = cheap quality/durability-normal glasses

Only effect received by such glasses is the placebo effect: thinking they work when they dont. People tend to feel what others have.

If you analyze it at all, there just normal glasses with tint and all sorts of "feature" specifically aimed at gamers like you who spend $$$.

Have headaches? Easy solution: take a break
Have hard time focusing visually? Easy solution: go see a doctor

Just because gamers in LoL tourney use them, doesnt mean there way better than any other gaming glasses in the market. Its called marketing and advertising products for a reason. Gunnar glasses and there company just use league tourneys to promote there products....
I'm quite aware of how marketing works, and that there is a high probability that they will not help me. In response to taking a break when you get headaches, in my case that never seems to work. On Saturday while watching IPL5 I got a terrible headache, so i went outside to try to relax. It did not help at all. That is why I am more interested in avoiding them, and gunnars seem to at least reduce eye strain and block blue light.

pokelda2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

I've always thought of gunnars as a gimick though I guess it is true that yellowish glasses help with glare etc. I have some sunglasses with switchable lenses and one of the lense types happens to be yellow/amber colored... might have to experiment with this.

Saruyan

12-03-2012

there are programs(notably f.lux) that do the same thing as gunnars do, for no cost. in addition, since its a computer program, it has capabilities like setting your own preference for tinting, as well as when it tints. in fact my tint just went to its much more dim mode since its beginning to become late here. its much better since it can be a gradual tinting instead of going from bright to tint instantly.

that said its not a gimmick, just an expensive take on it.

Topless Menu

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChaseMe View Post
I'm quite aware of how marketing works, and that there is a high probability that they will not help me. In response to taking a break when you get headaches, in my case that never seems to work. On Saturday while watching IPL5 I got a terrible headache, so i went outside to try to relax. It did not help at all. That is why I am more interested in avoiding them, and gunnars seem to at least reduce eye strain and block blue light.

If all else fails, try Ibuprofen/Tylenol/Advil

McRooster

Recruiter

12-03-2012

I've got a pair of gunnars and I love them. I used to get sore eyes and headaches when gaming but when I have my gunnars on I don't. People just say it's a gimmick which is true if you don't suffer from the symptoms I had.

You can try f.lux if you want to (free software), I've tried it but I still prefer my gunnars.

JIMMY CHEN DUMAS

12-03-2012

f.lux