How is blitz op?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nymura

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
1)
2) If you don't think being so great at spoon-feeding kills to the ADC is game breaking, it sounds like there are some basis in this game you do not understand.

3) Dota characters are NOT comparable to LoL champions, the balancing philosophy of Dota is "if everyone is OP in their own right, then everything is fine and dandy". LoL does not work like that, it's pointless to compare Blitz and Pudge.
The only reason i compared him to Dota characters were cause thats a common equivalent people use on him it seems. I only included that for the sake of a comparison in 1 game thats not considered op to another. The point of the hook is the same.

As for the spoon feeding i can understand that, but people complain more about how 1 hook magically ends the game. But i feel any kill lane more or less spoon feeds the adc.

Quote:
Ali is 100% banned, and Leona is not the best support for every carry. Besides, this strategy relies on Blitz being bad enough to pull the tank.
I only used ali and leona as 2 champs that have aoe stuns, they are not the only champs available that can do this. The strategy also requires said support to have knowledge of where blitz is, like they should, and be in the way of his hooks. A good player should be able to tell aprox where blitz plans on hooking and be prepared to dodge/counter it.

Ruthless Sophie

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whysopaperclip View Post
"Easy to counter"

by who exactly?
A minion and a warded bush.

Aeolian Melodies

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless Sophie View Post
A minion and a warded bush.
"A minion" implies that Blitz can't just speed buff to you, knock you up, THEN pull you.

A warded bush implies vision of Blitz disables his grab, which is false.

Nymura

12-03-2012

Quote:
"A minion" implies that Blitz can't just speed buff to you, knock you up, THEN pull you.

A warded bush implies vision of Blitz disables his grab, which is false.
If blitz speed boosts toward you, that defeats the purpose of the hook and in this case its just a double cc which isnt that much worse than a stun and a perma slow. A ward also allows you to know when he's about to hook. Its like saying a ward doesnt stop the jungler from ganking, it still gives you foresight

ZephyrDrake

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasuna View Post
you do realize you stopped reading at the end of the post? But your question is pretty stupid as well.
First off you claim that a single pull "win games". This is only partially true, a good initiation wins games. Likewise a bad pull can ruin the game for your team.
Second you're basically saying his pull is game breaking cause it has no risks and is a good spell. Is EZ op cause he has flash on a non-ult spell that could potentially save him from ganks all game? Is zyra op cause she has a multiple target CC spell non-ultimate with no risk involved?
and regardless his Pull does have risk because just as easily as he can get a good initiation, he can also get a terrible one. What you're saying is since he has the capability to do a good initiation hes op.
*presses Q* *grabs anyone your team can burst down with ease* *fights a 4v5* gg you just won the game. All it takes is ONE grab to win the game, sure you can lose if you're dumb and grab someone you can't burst down instantly but that's why you don't simply go all "ima press Q and hope i get the right target dur hur" the only risk his grab has is grabbing someone you can't burst down fast enough.

I don't mind if he has a good initiation a lot of champs have similar if not better initiation but guess what? they actually come with actual risks! they either have to put themselves in range of the entire enemy team or lose most if not all damage that if it fails and also they are pretty much dead unless they get lucky. Blitz? grab someone who isn't the ideal target knockup and ult and then speed away. Hell Blitz can simply zone you out of bot lane simply by existing simply cuz one grab bot lane and whoever he grabbed is going to either die or be forced to back and/or flash away. Again you don't see how broken he is? then go watch IPL5 and find out by yourself

Edit: i like how OP is now simply down voting everyone who doesn't agree with him... or is it a Blitz fanboy?

Pizza on a Bun

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whysopaperclip View Post
"Easy to counter"

by who exactly?
Leona, Allistar, Taric, and a few more.

Grombolar

12-03-2012

Overpowered is probably the wrong word since you don't ever see Blitz carrying a team 10/0 or anything. His grab however, does fundamentally change how the game is played purely by its mechanic, which is unique to him.

See, there are normal games and then there are Blitzcrank games. In Blitzcrank games there is the threat that at certain times you may be transported into the whole of the enemy team and instantly killed. There isn't any other ability with such lethality in the game. Sure there are ways to "counter" it (stand behind minions; learn to sidestep it) but those methods only reduced the chance of getting grabbed and don't do anything to reduce the consequences of actually being grabbed. The only semi-counter to this is "be a tank" and that doesn't help non-tanks at all.

Personally, I don't mind Blitz that much since I've learned to be careful around him, but there are lots of players who don't alter their play style enough and become easy targets. When I see Blitz it's these people I get upset with, not him.

Blitz's grab is in a league of its own compared to all others. It lives on it's own separate island of awesomeness and power. The fact that a Blitz can be afk for 40min and then come back and be level 1 and his grab has lost nothing in terms of power is kind of amazing. It's the ultimate 1 point wonder. If it were to change I'd like to see it's range increase with ranks so players who wanted to long grab would need to max that first.

LightEntite

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasuna View Post
Just wondering.. I've seen multiple threads and people say blitz is "op". Personally i don't see it, he's easy to counter, and his pull, while great is hardly game breaking. When i compare him to say pudge he's actually very lacking as distance has less meaning in this game than dota.
So can someone tell me how blitz is really op? I'm just not seeing it.
keep playing.

Warhorrock

12-03-2012

What I'm seeing as OP in blitz is the tripple CC he has. Three of his four abilities offer crowd control, along with probably the best poke ability in game for a tank or support as its the only one that can poke and insta kill an enemy once team fights hit. Along with escape blitz is a very well rounded champion.

When I look to find a good champion I look at what kind of actual ability they have beyond the dmg they do. This consists of a few.

AOE dmg, CC effects, escape, poke,... lol I feel like I'm missing one or two. Whatever the case though blitz has all four of those.

Like any champion or team though it really depends on how each player plays individually and as a team.