Is Gangplank a viable jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enygm4

12-03-2012

I need to use another masteries, runes and items so I lose important damage:/
Any advice of a possible build for him?

ChiSqrd

12-03-2012

Yes, jungle Gangplank is a thing.
Viable? No, there are there are lots of junglers that are better than him. He doesn't contribute enough in teamfights and the only thing he has that others don't is the global ult which is really just for the slow since it doesn't do that much damage.

SpyderJ

12-04-2012

^^^
This. Yeah if ur talking about can he clear it? Sure he can clear it right now, hell soraka and teemo can clear the jungle right now if you want a comparison, but is it worth it? No your becoming a burden to your team by being a champion who is out of place when you couldve picked a better champion for your position.
(not to say your limited, its just that GP does not shine at all in the jungle thats all)

Grollm

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
Yes, jungle Gangplank is a thing.
Viable? No, there are there are lots of junglers that are better than him. He doesn't contribute enough in teamfights and the only thing he has that others don't is the global ult which is really just for the slow since it doesn't do that much damage.
Where are you guys getting this information? GP was in season 2 a tier 2 jungler. He's not tier 1 like Mundo, Lee Sin, Skarner, etc, but he is still very good. A lot of people don't know how to build GP and gank with him, and he is one of the more difficult junglers to become good with, but GP relies on this utility and the fact that he can gank two lanes at once if he chooses to. He has an AD steroid which allows him to help lanes push towers, plus if he gets caught he is able to eat oranges, shot his pistol in the air, and run away laughing. All of this is going to change in season 3, and you are going to see more single target junglers coming to the forefront. I predict that Warwick, Fiddlesticks, and GP are going to be moved up to tier 1 or at the very least the top of tier 2 with the new jungle changes.

Darkotas

12-04-2012

GP is very underrated in the jungle. I haven't had a chance to try him yet in the S3 jungle, but he benefits from increased gold from parley and the ability to set up a gank from anywhere on the map. In addition, he's not too bad at dueling and tends not to fall off late. I would suggest you take him with someone that doesn't need blue as much, though; having no mana problems means you can farm with parrrley as much as you want and heal whenever you need.