Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaPrime000000

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightySOUK View Post
Only one complaint...

WHY DID YOU BUFF HECARIM!???
LOL you dont like the base dmg buff, per level dmg buff and the passive buff? Welcome to LOL season 3.......season of the noobs where ability doesn't matter

Danissimo

12-05-2012

sooo many people are so conservative. I wonder who the real noobs are - adjusting to the changes is what makes a good player, not complaining about comfort zone.

I think the patch is great: the game started becoming too similar from game to game. The champions are all the same and releasing new champions doesn't bring too much of variety. Since so many new items are introduced, everyone is at the same level again. There are many things to learn, many things to master. The game became interesting again.

Too big of a GUI? reduce its size... big deal...

Items are useless? Invest some time figuring out combinations. I personally theorycrafted dozens of combos for various champions. A lot of items are situational, but not niche. Now it's more about maxing what the champ is best at instead of going generic builds.

New shop seemed confusing, but after 2 games it's actually pretty good (don't have to click through a couple of menues to get to the item), however scrolling down is not that great i agree.

This patch seems simple, but it really is hard to master and brings in a looottt of new strategies to the game. That's what makes the game exciting!

schmide

12-05-2012

I'm calling this one Microsoft Riot ME version 3.1

OmegaPrime000000

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danissimo View Post
sooo many people are so conservative. I wonder who the real noobs are - adjusting to the changes is what makes a good player, not complaining about comfort zone.

I think the patch is great: the game started becoming too similar from game to game. The champions are all the same and releasing new champions doesn't bring too much of variety. Since so many new items are introduced, everyone is at the same level again. There are many things to learn, many things to master. The game became interesting again.

Too big of a GUI? reduce its size... big deal...

Items are useless? Invest some time figuring out combinations. I personally theorycrafted dozens of combos for various champions. A lot of items are situational, but not niche. Now it's more about maxing what the champ is best at instead of going generic builds.

New shop seemed confusing, but after 2 games it's actually pretty good (don't have to click through a couple of menues to get to the item), however scrolling down is not that great i agree.

This patch seems simple, but it really is hard to master and brings in a looottt of new strategies to the game. That's what makes the game exciting!

Perhaps for you this is true but being given free money instead of watching last hits, having items removed for sub par replacements and a worse interface doesn't sit well with most people.

The patch didn't add anything new and or challenging it made the game easier and far more simple. I played a few matched and honestly most people run very similar builds now i mean my last match 3 people on my team all ran hydra and then their normal build that isn't making things new or interesting. We went from having large mastery trees that divided clearly between say ap/ad champ to barley having enough selection to separate the two, everyone gets a speed buff for no logical reason, boots have a tier3 option which are generic across the board and the store where you clicked say ATT, ATT SD and then got to the items you now search a column which brings up a long list then you click that picture then you gotta click buy since double clicking doesnt really respond anymore and then finally you get your item so how is that better? I would like some real "new" champs because your right most of them are just reworks/combinations of old ones but this patch does not seem to have a purpose short of making the game easier for new players.

BazaoCakes

12-05-2012

I was scared of this patch after reading the notes. But it's not so bad in-game. I'm sad at the loss of Surge and the reduced efficacy of purchasing attack speed. But I can also see some awesome options that make up for it. Overall, as a player almost from release day, I'm excited for the new stuff.

Danissimo

12-05-2012

well HoG was kind of free money without last hits.... Last hitting still gives more (especially the siege minions). I played a few matches and everyone had a unique build. BT/PD/IE is not a perfect adc build anymore. Defensive tree gives you a bunch of choices as well as combining offensive with defensive/support is more flexible.Double click works for me, and having early game items at the top makes it easy to get an item if you know what you are looking for.

Judging on the second day is still quite pathetic if you ask me... I still need to explore more and I like it, that's why I don't really give any verdict to the patch yet.

Be positive and less conservative/defensive - it always helps. The game didn't change as dramatically as many people describe it.

KeeMasterX

12-05-2012

My jungle yi is now ruined...

CrimsonDawn3

12-05-2012

still no nami

kiwizander

Recruiter

12-05-2012

New interface is weird but I love the new masteries

OmegaPrime000000

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danissimo View Post
well HoG was kind of free money without last hits.... Last hitting still gives more (especially the siege minions). I played a few matches and everyone had a unique build. BT/PD/IE is not a perfect adc build anymore. Defensive tree gives you a bunch of choices as well as combining offensive with defensive/support is more flexible.Double click works for me, and having early game items at the top makes it easy to get an item if you know what you are looking for.

Judging on the second day is still quite pathetic if you ask me... I still need to explore more and I like it, that's why I don't really give any verdict to the patch yet.

Be positive and less conservative/defensive - it always helps. The game didn't change as dramatically as many people describe it.
Ok yes HOG is free money but so is Philo, Kage pick and all were really good items that build into better things. The problem is tanks now don't have a GP5 item in addition to having other tank items removed such as FON so that role which already had issues just got that much worse. Builds from what i have seen remained the same since most items released are all situation based and really why worry about building one specific item when you can run the same build as before and get better results? Most of the items are for support/casters and a lot of the mastery/gold changes cater to that role, wonder if it has anything to do with the new support champ coming out. The items at the top, unless your running the recommended items, are usually not ones that i at least go for anyways and a lot of the recommended builds are still fairly generic( look at garren lol still filling tank role after Riot says he isn't really a tank) so i see no benefit from that. It sucks after i played Brand a few times with these new items and was excited to see what i could do only to realize that i spent more gold to do less dmg then i did when i ran the regular AP caster build before. Sure some items help, the elder lizard item plus GP passive does great dmg overtime, but for the most part most dont have a purpose like the flask that is more or less a glorified HP/Mana pot or the shiv that recharges just for walking. I wanted the game to become harder and this patch didn't do that in anyway in fact it made it easier by granting random buffs, reducing item cost and giving more gold out. The only way things got harder is for tanks since those items got slashed and from what i understand the jungle changes that were meant to allow more champs to jungle actually made it harder for current ones and excluded others so that kind of backfired